GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,040
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, ausinpetrov7195
» Online Users: 1,461
1 members and 1,460 guests
Cookiez17
Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2001, 04:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Thank you all so much! I feel so much better hearing encouragement from people who actually know what they are talking about. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate my roomate's input, but it's nice to get advice from someone who's a little more knowledgable. I'll definitely keep you all posted!
Old 10-01-2001, 04:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to amycat412
EXCELLENT email Corina!
Good Luck!

Amy
Old 10-01-2001, 04:31 PM
Super Moderator

Thumbs up

That is such a super letter! You covered all the points!
Old 10-01-2001, 05:01 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to PenguinTrax Send a message via MSN to PenguinTrax Send a message via Yahoo to PenguinTrax Send a message via Skype™ to PenguinTrax
Corina,
Just a couple of suggestions:

Always use the full name of the sorority (Gamma Phi Beta, not just Gamma Phi.

Women, not girls.

That is an outstanding letter and I can't wait to hear the response you receive.

Barbara
Old 10-01-2001, 05:46 PM

Thumbs up Great job, Corina! Please do keep up posted?!

Quote:
Originally posted by PnguinTrax
Just a couple of suggestions:
Always use the full name of the sorority (Gamma Phi Beta, not just Gamma Phi.
Women, not girls.
That sounds like an excellent letter that you sent, but the suggestions from Pnguintrax/Barbara & maggieaxid are important to heed as well.

I am so happy to hear that you are deciding to go ahead with this and PLEASE tell us what happens. Wouldn't it be exciting if we all had a small part in making a new colony, and eventual chapter happen at UCSC?! YAY!!
Let us know when you get a response from the NPC...that is going to be so GREAT!

Last edited by CutiePie2000; 10-01-2001 at 05:49 PM.
Old 10-01-2001, 06:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Do you have any idea how PROUD EVERYONE is of you! You are an inspiration. You go get 'em!
Old 10-01-2001, 06:33 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm seriously like crying right now. I had no idea I would get this much support and help. I honestly never would have had the confidence or motivation to do this if it wasn't for all of you here. I really hope all of this works out well, but if it doesn't, at least I know that I worked my butt off for it. Thank you all so much!!! I'll let you know as soon as anything happens, definitely.
Old 10-01-2001, 06:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Great job with your letter, I am sure they will be impressed and interested. If we didn't already have so many sororities here I would consider doing the same. Good luck!
Old 10-01-2001, 07:51 PM
GreekChat Member

bravo

that was an excellent e-mail.
i am so proud of you....
go for it...
and if need be, be creative
cheers
marianne
aka mmcat
Old 10-01-2001, 07:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Corina -- I don't really have anything new to say, but YOU GO GIRL!!! Your letter is fantastic. It is wonderfully written and it conveys your enthusiasm beautifully. You would be an asset to any sorority!

I'm so glad to read your story because not only are you doing something great for yourself, you are doing something great for the other women at your school who want to join a sorority but for whatever reason are not in Gamma Phi Beta. YOU are awesome!!

Old 10-01-2001, 08:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
A Question

I know on a campus with an established Panhellenic, the Panhellenic would have to vote to allow a new group to colonize. What happens when there is only one group? Does Gamma Phi Beta have any say in a new group coming?
Old 10-01-2001, 10:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to AZ-AlphaXi
Re: A Question

Quote:
Originally posted by DeltaBetaBaby
I know on a campus with an established Panhellenic, the Panhellenic would have to vote to allow a new group to colonize. What happens when there is only one group? Does Gamma Phi Beta have any say in a new group coming?
I think this falls under the "proper authority" provision. The "green book" says

"On campuses where the college or university administration recognizes women's fraternities and where no College Panhellenic exists, the administration shall, until such time as the College Panhellenic is created, constitute the proper authority."
Old 10-01-2001, 10:30 PM

Corina, you're amazing - not many women would have the willpower and determination to undertake something like this. That was a very well-put letter, and will surely attract the attention of several NPC sororities. Best of luck to you, and be sure to keep us posted!
Old 10-02-2001, 06:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Wow!

Wow! Excellent letter!

I'm not even a member of a GLO and I'm excited for you! I agree with the others, if you don't get the attention of at least one sorority, then something's amiss! The best of success to you in your efforts! As a fellow Californian, I want to know how it works out. Please keep us posted!!

.....Kelly
Old 10-02-2001, 01:50 PM

Send a message via AIM to shadokat Send a message via Yahoo to shadokat
Corina! You're doing a great job thus far! Pnguin made good suggestions...but other than that, you're rocking girl! Keep your chin up and reach for the stars. You have so much courage to go ahead with this, and I know I don't only speak for myself when we offer assistance if you ever need it. Gamma Phi Beta really missed out on a class act when they turned you down