GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,042
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, prettyandpearls
» Online Users: 1,605
1 members and 1,604 guests
haleyjuniroz689

Old 08-03-2004, 01:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
It's funny...at my school, it is a HUGE no-no to wear nude pantyhose. ..
No nude hose in Pennsylvania! In fact, pantyhose weren't necessarily a requirement at all (but that membory could be influenced by my horror of pantyhose).

--->What I learned from rush (that I use everyday in my job as a focus group moderator and interviewer):

- Conversations go so much more smoothly if you can start out with something in common

- You can find something in common with anyone. Banal, perhaps, but everyone can talk about the weather, and people LOVE to talk about their home towns.

- Avoiding the topics of sex, politics and religion is not a bad idea in a work environment either (until you've sussed out that the other person is a fellow Jehovah's Witness, Republican, wife-swapper, or whatever)

Last edited by LionTamer; 08-03-2004 at 01:28 PM.
Old 08-03-2004, 02:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by bekibug
That's what I meant. Nude hose with a black dress and shoes only make your legs look bigger. Since almost everyone (at least at Auburn) wears something black on Pref Day, they wear black hose. Even just going sans hose in a black dress with black shoes makes your legs look bigger. So wear them black hose, honey child, or you won't look as good.
Not everyone wears hose on pref day
Old 08-03-2004, 02:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to astroAPhi
I've always thought black hose with a black skirt made your legs look old or like you were wearing pants underneath a skirt.

TKE Omicron Nu Chapter Sweetheart 2003
Old 08-03-2004, 04:07 PM
GreekChat Member

---a good introduction can go along way.

this is what i learned as a sister bumping in and out of pnm conversations. the intro can spark new conversation, make a great first impression, or leave a convo flat

---everyone likes to feel special

whether it's your name on a plate of cheesecake, a formal introduction at pref, or the pat on the back for the hard working party head.

---team work is worth the sacrifice

you may have to give up some of your own ideas, ways of doing things for the good of the group, but the sisterhood and accomplishment that comes from it is well worht it.

---you can't always get what you want...but that's ok.

you may lose your rush crush, your chapter may not make quota, or a girl you weren't particularly fond of may end up in your chapter, but after the recruitment dust settles you will probably realize that the outcome you got was a good one, maybe even better than your ideal.

---respect your elders!!!

we would be so sunk without alum help during recruitment week! they deserve thanks!

---never serve red beverages when wearing nice clothes in a c rowded room.

nuff said.