GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,381
0 members and 1,381 guests
No Members online
Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2015, 10:12 PM

Illinois has so many chapters, and they are large, so I think that makes it harder to predict using return rates. There are so many good, solid chapters "in the middle" that who knows how many PNMs will choose one over another.
Old 09-08-2015, 10:55 PM
GreekChat Member

As RFM gets whittled down to a science, some are just going to miss, I don't think you can consider missing by 10% a failure. They just got the release figures too tight.
Old 09-09-2015, 09:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishpipes View Post
Illinois has so many chapters, and they are large, so I think that makes it harder to predict using return rates. There are so many good, solid chapters "in the middle" that who knows how many PNMs will choose one over another.
Illinois also still has three prefs, which makes the calculation a little harder.
Old 10-29-2015, 04:02 PM

I just heard that KD bought the Chi Psi house (110 E Armory) and is moving to Champaign. While I have always thought the Urbana KD house was a big ugly box, I am still surprised. They've been there a long time. I wonder if Phi Mu will be purchasing the KD house.
Old 10-29-2015, 04:47 PM
GreekChat Member

what happened to Chi Psi?
Old 10-29-2015, 05:29 PM

They're still active on campus. Must be moving somewhere else. I don't know if they owned that house or were leasing it.
Old 10-29-2015, 09:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
That was Delta Sigma Phi when I was a freshman, and then they got kicked off and it was empty for a year or two.
Old 10-30-2015, 01:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I just heard that KD bought the Chi Psi house (110 E Armory) and is moving to Champaign. While I have always thought the Urbana KD house was a big ugly box, I am still surprised. They've been there a long time. I wonder if Phi Mu will be purchasing the KD house.
Yay! The current house is the ugliest thing.
Old 10-31-2015, 02:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Wow. This is surprising! KD built that house in the 1920s, and it's not like they are exactly struggling. This is a very successful chapter. The addition may not be the best looking, but the Chi Psi house is definitely boxier/uglier in my opinion.

Do you think your source might have been thinking of Alpha Xi Delta? That would be the only sorority chapter currently looking for a house, and the Chi Psi house wouldn't be a terrible location if it was demolished or heavily remodeled.

Just seems like KD would be taking a big risk, a large workload, and making a lot of alumnae very unhappy for a pretty small potential reward...

If they moved they would be one of a very few sororities on campus that hasn't lived in their house for 90+ years!
Closed Thread