GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,276
2 members and 2,274 guests
chi-o_cat, Cookiez17

Old 08-04-2007, 01:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Trash That Dress

I searched and didn't find a thread on this so...

http://www.trashthatdress.com

Basic concept is, hey you're getting married!, so why not trash the dress? you'll never wear it again. I kind of like it actually. It fits my personality and some of the photographs are amazing.

I think I want to do this when I get married. I plan to trash my dress and play some Amy Winehouse in the background while I do. I mean, really-save your dress? What for? To take out of your closet or box 20 years later and reminisce when you were thin enough to wear it? Fuck it, I'm having fun on my wedding day. I've never bought into the princess fairytale wedding thing anyway.

And Jesus speaketh, "do unto others as they did unto you because the bitches deserve it".

Last edited by AlexMack; 08-04-2007 at 02:39 AM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-04-2007, 02:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Not that it matters or that you care, but I saved mine because no one in my family ever had enough money to buy their own dress; plus, I'm sentimental, so I'd like to have it in case I have a daughter that would like to wear a dress with "history" for her wedding. More power to you, though.
Old 08-04-2007, 02:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Sorry, it sounds like I'm shunning all who save their dresses. I'm not-if I hadn't found this site, I would do the same thing.

I have no objection if that's what you choose to do, it's your choice. My grandmother didn't because it was right after the war, so she gave hers to someone else to wear. My mother still has hers and while it's beautiful it's not my style. Anyway-I thought this was a cool alternative. And if you saved your dress, good for you. I think that's great. I seriously do. Because in years gone by you'll be able to see it in it's almost original glory.
And I might have cool photos but that's it :-P I meant no offense though.

And Jesus speaketh, "do unto others as they did unto you because the bitches deserve it".

Old 08-04-2007, 08:44 AM
GreekChat Member

i was at a bridal expo last week. one of the photographers / videographers had his portfolio with FABULOUS trashed wedding dress pics. some were really fun and some were beautifully avante garde. if i can find his card i'll post the website!
Old 08-04-2007, 11:00 AM

It does sound fun, but honestly, a wedding gown is expensive, so I plan on keeping mine. Who knows, my future daughter might want to wear it for her own wedding.

Lakers Nation.
Old 08-04-2007, 11:03 AM
GreekChat Member

I've been doing some more reading. Most of the 'trashed' dresses actually aren't, come out better than before the shoot and can be cleaned back to near perfect condition, so you can have both. Amazing photos and a preserved dress.

Old 08-04-2007, 12:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilsunshine214 View Post
It looks like a lot of fun! Besides, I plan on either giving my dress to Brides Against Breast Cancer or selling it on e-bay. I don't expect my future, hypothetical daughter and I to have the same taste or even be the same size so I figure I might as well give my dress to someone who can get some use out of it!
I'm looking at vintage wedding dresses right now. I found a 1920s flapper wedding dress. Damnit he needs to pop the question already. Of course if I had one, I'd go buy a cheap gown to do the trashing in, I would never be that cruel to a vintage dress.

Old 08-08-2007, 01:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlwaysSAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathykd2005 View Post
Not that it matters or that you care, but I saved mine because no one in my family ever had enough money to buy their own dress; plus, I'm sentimental, so I'd like to have it in case I have a daughter that would like to wear a dress with "history" for her wedding. More power to you, though.

Ideally, I would like to wear my mom's dress when she married my father (although they are divorced...still). I've seen it in pictures, but I've never actually seen it in person. It's in the closet in my old bedroom. I actually think I'm the perfect size for it.....but it might have to be altered quite a bit.

either way, just sharing.