GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,502
2 members and 2,500 guests
No Members online

Old 07-22-2003, 11:08 AM
GreekChat Member

"Hey girl come with me and let yourself go"

Ok, so I'm talking to this awesome girl right now. We've gone out in groups( like I'll call her to hang out with my friends and vice versa) but never like a one on one date. She's such an awesome chick we have so much in common it's unbelievable. So my question is, the last time we saw each other was on sunday night, so when should I call her and ask her out? We've hung out together in groups a few times last week and I dont want to be in constant contact with her for fear of her thinking i'm a psycho. I've also made plans to go to the bar a lot recently so I could invite her and her friends along( pretty much just so we could talk and get to know each other a little better) Well the bar scene is getting tiring, not to mention the fact that this girl probably thinks i'm a borderline alcoholic, so where else do you think is a fun neutral place to hang out?

So when should I ask this girl out again?
Where should I take her?( somewhere original I hate the dinner and a movie crap)
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-22-2003, 11:36 AM
GreekChat Member

That's my favorite OAR song.

I have no opinion on when to call her...

Since it is summer, a nice but somewhat original date would be a summer concert, if you have any in your area. You can take a picnic, and talk and listen to the music. Fun, right?
Old 07-22-2003, 11:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Do NOT take her to a movie on a first date. Or a second or third for that matter!

Take her to a cute little place where you can sit at a small round table outside and eat appetizers and talk and get to know her. Those are my favorite dates.
Old 07-22-2003, 12:17 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm a big fan of going to coffee shops to talk. The atmosphere generally tends to be a chill one too.
Old 07-22-2003, 12:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PM_Mama00 Send a message via Yahoo to PM_Mama00
Re: "Hey girl come with me and let yourself go"

Quote:
Originally posted by PiKA2001
We've hung out together in groups a few times last week and I dont want to be in constant contact with her for fear of her thinking i'm a psycho. I've also made plans to go to the bar a lot recently so I could invite her and her friends along( pretty much just so we could talk and get to know each other a little better) Well the bar scene is getting tiring, not to mention the fact that this girl probably thinks i'm a borderline alcoholic, so where else do you think is a fun neutral place to hang out?

So when should I ask this girl out again?
Where should I take her?( somewhere original I hate the dinner and a movie crap)
If you call her now, she might think you have psychotic tendencies. And yeah making plans to go to the bar just so you can hang out with her? That's crazy.

Ok seriously, dude just get the balls and stop bein a pussy and ask her out. Take her like miniature golfing (if that's not just a Downriver thing) and to get ice cream. Or if there is a nice park that you can walk around, take her there, or drive through there. Is she from around the 'Shores? If not, take a drive around there and through Grosse Point. (to some that may sound cheesy, but by the lake it is soooooo nice and awesome to look at the houses). Do someting that you're gona feel comfortable doin and that won't jeopordize any conversation or make awkwardness. Don't take her somewhere where you might run into friends, cuz that'll just ruin everything.

Lol... u might know why I'm laughing, but I hope all this helps.

KLTC
Old 07-22-2003, 12:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via AIM to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via Yahoo to AchtungBaby80
You're right about not wanting to call her constantly if she's anything like me...the fastest way to piss me off is to call all the time, so better safe than sorry. I think an outdoor date is a good idea if it isn't boiling hot outside. Whatever you do is up to you--just pick something you think she'd like to do. I like to go fishing and drive around out in the country, but other girls might like to go on picnics or canoeing or whatever...also, to whomever said to take her to a restaurant where you can sit outside, that's a good idea too.
Old 07-22-2003, 12:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by CarolinaCutie
That's my favorite OAR song.

Yay! Mine too!!!!

Anyway, I'd say call her like Weds. and ask if she wants to go get ice cream or something like Thursday or Friday afternoon. The last guy I dated took me out for ice cream the first time we hung out like just the two of us and not at his fraternity house. It was fun. Plus I am an ice cream monster and I will eat it anytime anywhere. But hey that's just me.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes!!!
Old 07-22-2003, 12:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Re: "Hey girl come with me and let yourself go"

Quote:
Originally posted by PM_Mama00

Take her like miniature golfing (if that's not just a Downriver thing) and to get ice cream. Is she from around the 'Shores? Do someting that you're gona feel comfortable doin and that won't jeopordize any conversation or make awkwardness. Don't take her somewhere where you might run into friends, cuz that'll just ruin everything.

Miniature golfing? Yes I think that might be just a downriver thing because I honestly have no idea where a miniature golfing course is. ( there are none on the eastside). Yes she is from the 'Shores. She has met some of my friends already so I dont really understand how running into friends will ruin everything. Also, it's not that I'm scared to ask her out on a date it's just that I dont know where to take her. Do you guys think waiting a week to call is too long? From what I heard she is pretty into me so I'm not worried about her saying no at all.
Old 07-22-2003, 12:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Re: Re: "Hey girl come with me and let yourself go"

Quote:
Miniature golfing? Yes I think that might be just a downriver thing because I honestly have no idea where a miniature golfing course is. ( there are none on the eastside). Yes she is from the 'Shores. She has met some of my friends already so I dont really understand how running into friends will ruin everything. Also, it's not that I'm scared to ask her out on a date it's just that I dont know where to take her. Do you guys think waiting a week to call is too long? From what I heard she is pretty into me so I'm not worried about her saying no at all.
Call her tomorrow!!! (You said the last time you saw her was Sunday right?) And running into friends won't ruin stuff I would think that'd be a good thing. Just as long as they don't sit down and join in on the date, which I'm sure they won't.
Old 07-22-2003, 01:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: "Hey girl come with me and let yourself go"

Quote:
Originally posted by FAB*SpiceySpice
Call her tomorrow!!! (You said the last time you saw her was Sunday right?) And running into friends won't ruin stuff I would think that'd be a good thing. Just as long as they don't sit down and join in on the date, which I'm sure they won't.
I have some friends that probably would try to join us But I have to work tomorrow but I have thursday off so I might give her a call then. BTW, did I mention she works in the same building as me? I know, not a good idea but she is in a completely diff department than me and she is just working there for the summer( most days we dont even run into each other) When I do see her though it's just hello and how are you, I really am not the guy to hit on girls I work with and am just too busy!
Old 07-22-2003, 01:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PM_Mama00 Send a message via Yahoo to PM_Mama00
By ruining things I meant like running into your friends and them wanting to join in, like Rick said. It wouldn't necessarily ruin it, but if you want to hang out with her like one on one, it'd be a good thing.

Ice cream must be a Phi Mu thing cuz my girls all love ice cream!

Rick-- you're a good guy so I'm sure anything you choose to do will be fun for her. Shit, I had fun just driving around Downriver with you.

KLTC
Old 07-22-2003, 02:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to GMUBunny Send a message via Yahoo to GMUBunny
Putt-Putt and ice cream or a picnic in a park is always a winner!

Proud mommy of Tiernan Vincent 8-8-05 and Gwendolyn Iona 12-13-07!
Old 07-22-2003, 02:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to absolutuscchick
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: "Hey girl come with me and let yourself go"

Quote:
...but I have thursday off so I might give her a call then.
Call her now if you want to do something on thursday I know I HATE it when guys ask me out for THAT night, but when they make an effort to make plans earlier, it totally lets me know they've been thinking about me and value that I am busy as well. Good Luck with the girl!!

edited because I realized I had like 6 smileys!
Old 07-24-2003, 03:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Yeah, we're going out tonight when she gets off work. Still not sure what we're going to do but I have five hours to figure something out.
Old 07-24-2003, 03:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to absolutuscchick
yay!!!