GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Kappa Alpha
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,427
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, FlorCundif
» Online Users: 2,535
1 members and 2,534 guests
PrettyBoy

Old 07-24-2000, 06:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up E. Lynn Harris

Greetings Ladies:

I am an avid reader of E. Lynn Harris' books and I just wanted to know if there was anyone else that has read his latest, Not a Day Goes By? For those who haven't read it, it is a good book. In true E. Lynn Harris fashion, at some points I was so sad for the characters, then the next minute I couldn't believe what they were doing! I don't want to spoil the book for anyone, but I just wanted to throw out my opinion.

Take Care,
Cookee
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-24-2000, 07:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to kiml122
I love E. Lynn Harris books and I can't wait to read the new one. Thanks for the good review!!

------------------
Peace
KL
Old 07-24-2000, 08:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

I love E. Lynn also. When you read his books you are saying to yourself...oh my goodness I know Basil didn't just do that lol. I've read every book except his new one. I need to make my way to the bookstore because I have a few books I would like to read. Eric Jerome Dickey is also another favorite of mine.
Old 07-25-2000, 09:06 AM
GreekChat Member

I've also read all of his books. I must admit that after reading some things I always feel as if I've lived such a sheltered life. I have asked myself if I know people such as the characters. I'm amazed at the life and life-style that some have. Anyway, I look forward to reading this new book. I had no idea of his latest work.

As always, best regards to my beautiful and graceful sisters, the Ladies of Alpha Kappa Alpha !!!!!

"06"
Old 07-25-2000, 10:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

Greetings to the ladies of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Inc, I was browsing through your board and saw this posting on E Lynn Harris's new book...I have to say that in true E Lynn Harris fashion the book was great he brought us back two two characters we just love to hate and made us feel sorry for them and just wanna pray for them...I read the book in three hours couldn't put it down ( matter of fact I read it last night and went to bed late...his characters make you think about what people go through rich and poor) I encourage everyone to go out there and support the man cause he is a wonderful writer.

P.S for those of you who love Eric Jerome Dickey he has a new one out called LIAR'S GAME and Omar Tyree has the sequel to FLY GIRL coming out (im not sure if it's out yet).

HAPPY READING
Old 07-25-2000, 03:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to MaMaBuddha Send a message via AIM to MaMaBuddha Send a message via Yahoo to MaMaBuddha
hi sisterfriends...

i am here in NYC and i went to a reading and book signing of E. Lynn Harris for his current book "Not a Day goes By"

Mr. Harris is a wonderful writer. I feel as if i am a background character in his books because they are so vivid and when you read them the imagination starts working.

i won't spoil the book, but all i have to say is and i hope the others will agree with me....i wanted MORE. The book was awesome and i read it in a few hours. i was mad at myself so i read it again...in another couple of hours. I was even madder because i was starving for more.

i will say this Mr. Harris is in the works of a movie deal, for the movie Invisible Life. (i heard it from the horse's mouth, E. Lynn himself) and he has three more books to produce with Double Day.

He is indeed a great, down to earth author.

ps...Mr. Harris is a member of the Divine 9...when i asked him which one...he told me the best one and smiled. i still don't know. does anyone have a clue?

pps....he gave the biggest shout out to the members of Delta Sigma Theta and Alpha Kappa Alpha in his dedication. Then he whispered in my ear...he his favorite ladies are the Delta's!!!

Old 07-25-2000, 03:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Arrow

Is anyone a member of Black Expressions book club? I remember someone mentioned it a while back, but didn't think too much of it until I received a membership offer in the mail recently. Sometimes the books I'm interested in aren't always available, and the black literary sections in some book stores leaves a lot to be desired.
Old 07-25-2000, 07:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Mr. Harris is a member of Alpha Phi Alpha.

I, too, enjoyed his books thoroughly! I almost peed in my clothes when the Sisterfriend said that he is in the deals for a movie for Invisible Life....I would have the 1st ticket, and 2nd and 3rd...I loved all of his books so far! Why am I the only one of my friends who keeps wishing that Raymond will "turn" straight?...LOL!!
Old 07-25-2000, 08:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Cookee:

Greetings Ladies:

I am an avid reader of E. Lynn Harris' books and I just wanted to know if there was anyone else that has read his latest, Not a Day Goes By? For those who haven't read it, it is a good book. In true E. Lynn Harris fashion, at some points I was so sad for the characters, then the next minute I couldn't believe what they were doing! I don't want to spoil the book for anyone, but I just wanted to throw out my opinion.

Take Care,
Cookee
Old 07-25-2000, 08:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by determined one:
I to have enjoyed E. Lynn Harris new book I picked it up on thursday at his book signing at borders. He seems to be so nice. I had never read any of his books before. My friend talked me into going to the signing.I picked up his first novel invisible life Im finished already so im on to just as I am. I cant belive that I just got in to his books.
Old 07-25-2000, 09:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Greetings:

When I bought the book, I was shocked at how small it was. I, too, was left thirsting for more. I'm so excited to hear that there's a movie being made about Invisible Life! Speaking of movies, Disappearing Acts by Terry McMillan has been made into a HBO movie. I have no idea when it's coming out, but the lead actress from Love & Basketball and Wesley Snipes are the 2 lead characters. Wesley is a phenomenal actor, but I just can't quite see him as Franklin. I would love to discuss Harris' new book with anyone. There were some parts in the book that I was just too through with!

AKATude, I've heard that Black Expressions is a good book club to join. Like you, sometimes I can't find the books I'm looking for in the "mainstream" bookstores. I'd love it if I could get all of them sent to me in the mail. I'm planning on joining BE.

Take Care,
Cookee
Old 07-25-2000, 11:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh GODDY!

Is this book a continuation? Meaning the same characters? Thank you Sorors and SF's you have just made my summer......I love Mr. Harris!
Thank you!!!!!

SKeeeeee WWWWEeeeeee!

Deja
Old 07-26-2000, 12:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

[QUOTE]Originally posted by deja:

Is this book a continuation? Meaning the same characters?

Deja,

Yes, it is a continuation of sorts. This is the story of Basil and Yancey. (remember her? the one who tried to poison Nicole?)
Old 07-26-2000, 08:32 AM
GreekChat Member

onesavvydiva:

I am CTFU!!!!! He is in the FRAT. I had no idea but promise to do my home work. I have got to post on the Alpha site.
"06"

Sisters - - check my posting and let me know what you think

[This message has been edited by Professor (edited July 26, 2000).]
Old 07-26-2000, 03:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to MaMaBuddha Send a message via AIM to MaMaBuddha Send a message via Yahoo to MaMaBuddha
one for thing sista friends...

guess who he wants to play Basil?????

Rick Fox!

this is gonna be interesting!