GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,445
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Avalanchejqr
» Online Users: 2,035
1 members and 2,034 guests
zagelpitto2616

Old 08-11-2000, 01:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DirectorDST99 Send a message via Yahoo to DirectorDST99
Ok I should have read ALL of the posts because I see that Frater Dixon explained it already. Silly me.

Sisterly,

Soror Syes

------------------
Director #2
LMAC
Spr 99
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-14-2000, 01:08 AM
GreekChat Member

"hi" works on my campus.
Old 08-14-2000, 09:17 AM
hypothermia

On my yard there is not a lot of greek unity, sadly to say. But I look forward to the upcoming year because there are people who want to change the state of our greek affairs. Besides I cross call my devastating girlfriend without a second thought.
Old 08-14-2000, 11:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to MaMaBuddha Send a message via AIM to MaMaBuddha Send a message via Yahoo to MaMaBuddha
on my campus and other campus that i has visited...i have been greeted with Skee-ooop or Zee-Oooop! not on the level were they were 5 miles away from me and need to be heard. it was always in passing.

i think it is great because it does show unity. the younger sorors in my sorority and other sororities do it.

although DST doesn't have an offical call....

OOOOO-OOOOOOOP! it still the most recognized call being associate with Delta. when ever i hear that sound, i get up and look around.

Old 08-15-2000, 12:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Peace & Blessings

1. Much like everyone else, My best friend is a member of Delta Sigma Theta-BKLYNDELTA!!
and we only say Zee-OOOP over e-mail.
I always greet my Sorors,Zeta Phi Beta, Sorority, Inc and my Frat, Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc as Hey Soror, Hey Frat.
I only use the call, our official call, when I'm trying to get either one of theirs attention.
And of course, at step-shows, events where appropriate, etc.

2. I have also been greeted by older Sister-Sorors and Brother-Frat as Soror.
We definately have lessons to learn from our seasoned Sisters and Brothers, from all of the Divine Nine.

3. Sister-Soror Diva_56: could you please clarify this statement for me please?

2. (and this may not be the case) it is only used as a greeting between members of
BLACK BGLO'S. My mother considers the use of "frat" of "soror" disrespectful to the black
orgs that originated those sayings in this context. (Zeta and Sigma) I of course don't
feel the same way.

---------------------------------------------
SapphireSensation
RoyalBlueDivaDivine
The Epitome of Finerwomanhood
Old 08-17-2000, 02:19 PM
hypothermia

One of my older brothers despises being referred to as frat. As he explained to me not long after I became greek..."I worked to hard to become a member of this brotherhood, and I want to always be referred to as a brother; not frat."

Old 08-20-2000, 07:18 PM
GreekChat Member

You said it MaMa Buddah. We know it's not official, but I can be in a crowd or across campus and ooo-ooop is the only way I know one of my sorors is there. It gets my attention right away when calling my name would not have. There is a time and place for everything. I would not be at an alumnae scholarship luncheon doing the call.

although DST doesn't have an offical call....

OOOOO-OOOOOOOP! it still the most recognized call being associate with Delta. when ever i hear that sound, i get up and look around.

[/B][/QUOTE]