GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Gamma Delta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,427
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, FlorCundif
» Online Users: 2,580
0 members and 2,580 guests
No Members online

Old 08-27-2001, 05:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Name- Whitney

Chapter- Theta Delta Chapter, North Georgia College & State University

Collegian

I joined AGD because I felt at comfortable with the girls (which was a surprise because I didn't even plan on pledging any organization). We are a very diverse chapter, but at the same time very similar. We each have something different to bring to the circle, but we all have something that interlinks all of us as well. I'm proud of each of my sisters because we all have something to offer.
My favorite AGD memory would probably have to be last year's bid day when we saw the girls running down the hill into our arms. We had put so much time and effort into Recruitment and I personally spent many many hours in the freshman dorms meeting girls and forming bonds with them during Fall semester (we have a January Recruitment). Ahhh...memories. I have to add that candlelightings, sisterhood retreats and staying up late in our pjs talking all night long is among my favorites as well.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-15-2001, 09:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Lisa Fishman
Name: Lisa
Initiating Chapter and year: Mu- Brenau (Women's College) Univ., Gainesville, Ga. Winter 1990(Ouch!) I had to take Alumna status early.
University of North Alabama Graduate
Alumnae, Birmingham, Al Junior Circle

Memories: I've forgotten many of them. This is due to the fact that a couple of them I would rather block out and never want to look back on them. I will always remember a day trip I took with my sister-mother though. We took a tour of a winery in north Ga. Too funny!!!!!
My memories are still being made through Junior Circle.
Old 09-15-2001, 10:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Winery? Sounds like Chateau Elan! I love that place. I want to get married there some day!
Old 09-15-2001, 10:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Right you are, Nina!!!! This was before the hotel, resort etc.... It was brand new then.
Old 09-16-2001, 11:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to eliseagd Send a message via Yahoo to eliseagd
Name: Elise
Chapter: Alpha Mu, Penn State
Alumnae member. Currently hold the office of Panhellenic Rep in the Chesapeake Alumnae Chapter (Baltimore, Maryland).

Message for Erica/ees125: Hey stranger! In response to your question about where to find the name of the alumnae chapter in Milwaukee... AlphaGam.Net! (www.alphagam.net)

I can answer the question for you though. The local collegiate chapter near Milwaukee is the Beta Epsilon chapter at Carroll College, in Waukesha, WI. The alumnae chapter is called Beta Epsilon Alumnae Chapter. Neither group has a website (yet), that I'm aware of.

Believe it or not, when I left Penn State in 1997, Milwaukee is where I ended up for a year before moving to Baltimore. I visited the Beta Epsilon chapter once and was in contact with someone from the alumnae chapter, but never got involved with either group, mostly because I was lazy!
Old 09-17-2001, 04:29 AM
Unregistered-

Talking Hi Elise!!!

Elise I'm so glad to see you here!

How are things in MD? Have you met up with Adyn yet?

Hey AGDs, I'm pretty sure y'all know Elise from www.alphagam.net !

We're all looking forward to seeing more posts from you!!!

Aloha,
Sandy
Old 09-17-2001, 05:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ees125
Hey Elise! Long time no talk. Email me some time. I seemed to have misplaced your email address (ees125@hotmail.com I know real orginal).

Anyway, work plans were changed and now after all my research and finally making contact I am not headed to Milwaukee. I have no idea where work will be sending me off to next, but as soon as I do, believe me I will be letting everyone know and trying to find a close chapter.
Old 09-17-2001, 10:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to eliseagd Send a message via Yahoo to eliseagd
Erica - Well when you figure out where you are going, you can definitely check AlphaGam.Net for local chapters. Actually, Alpha Gamma Delta Online (official site - www.alphagammadelta.org) has all chapters listed now too, though they don't have any contact information listed yet. AlphaGam.Net has links to websites and some email addresses where available.

Sandy - I've been in contact with Adyn briefly via email, but we haven't hooked up in person yet. I sent her info on the several alumnae groups in the DC/Baltimore areas, so hopefully we'll see her soon!

Elise
Old 09-17-2001, 08:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Name: Nann
Chapter: Epsilon Alpha, University of Missouri
Pledged: 11/5/70
Initiated: 3/13/71
(I think I am the oldest Alpha Gam on this board.)

I went through formal rush in a very competitive Greek system, but did not make the final round of parties. (I was later told there was a computer glitch; that may have been tactful....but MU was among the first universities to use computerized bid matching so it may have been true.) [Anecdote: my roommate during rush suffered the same fate as I; on the final day of parties we went to a movie--Cheyenne Social Club--and had pizza for lunch. She transferred to U of Oklahoma the next year and pledged Kappa, where she was a double legacy.]

I then signed up for informal rush. Alpha Gam extended a bid and I accepted! (The next week I was invited to an informal rush party at XYZ, which I'd thought I was "supposed" to be, and had to tell them I was "taken.") Anecdote: I remember getting the bid and making the bid-extenders wait in my dorm room while I called my parents! Anecdote 2: One of the seniors was celebrating her 21st birthday and had a smuggled-in bottle of cold duck--a cheap red wine popular at the time--alcohol is, of course, verboten on fraternity property. The upperclasswomen who were pouring the tiny cups of wine were aghast that a new pledge had been part of this. I, of course, was so excited to be part of the chapter that I would have gone along with anything they did.

My interest from the start was Panhellenic and I served as our chapter's delegate to the council. I was the campus Panhellenic v.p. and then president. [Anecdote: we had a cutoff date for rush registration. One rushee did not get her form in in time, even after the last-last-minute. Her mother called to plead her case. I said no. The mother said, "I hope you'll be more mellow when you're older!" The rush advisor from that house apologized profusely to me.]

I was a Chapter Consultant during the 74-75 school year. I was the first extension consultant--I went where we did not have chapters. I'm pleased to say that some of my scouting had results--Lehigh, Miami (Ohio), Clemson among them. I was assigned to Texas A & M to help start Epsilon Rho, and while I was there I then found a "real" job in a small town near there (where I met "Carnation," the PiPhi who's a GreekChat regular).

I've been a somewhat active alum ever since.
Old 09-18-2001, 10:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to Katey Alpha Gam Send a message via AIM to Katey Alpha Gam Send a message via Yahoo to Katey Alpha Gam
Name: Katey

Chapter-Zeta Alpha at Eastern Michigan University

Pledged WI 98 (talk about OLD) and then initated with my girl Leslie in Fall 98

I am currently a collegian

Why I joined AGD. Well I went through forrmal and all the chapters I was looking at kept dropping me ( I know now it was b/c of grades from HS) So I was sooo bummed out. I went to one AGD party and a now Alumnae, Lexi Dorothy was dancing to Love Shack all by herself and really didn't care what anyone thought. I started talking to her and I really liked her and she made me give AGD another look that week. All the members just seemed so cool and so fun and that they were girls that I could joke with, goof around with and have fun with!! I was really confused the day of prefrence so I didn't sign my bid card, I went home and cried. A semester went by and I was in swing class with an alumnae who was wearing her Lavalier, I went up to her and I was like "I remember you guys, I really want to check you out again" So she put me in touch with our VP recruitment and that night I called in sick to work to go to recruitment and when I got there I was the only PNM there but Everyone made me feel so welcome and that I was totally where I belonged and with people who were a lot like me. They were watching Boogie Nights on TV and that pretty much did it. If a group of girls can watch Boogie Nights and have fun and JOke, that's me. SO I joined!!!
My best memory just happened a few days ago. I am having a lot of problems with my chapter right now and I called some alumnae friends of mine. They both talked to me, told me what to do and how to take it and how to go about fixing it. One even apologized for the chapter and made sure I remembered the good imes we had when I joined!! They showed me that they still care and that we are always sisters. That's sisterhood!!! Also, being on greekchat has been a really cool thing. I have learned so much from all of you and I have been shown what real sisterhood is, it's something that we don't see all the time at ZA
Old 09-18-2001, 07:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Katey: I'm sooo glad everything worked out for you!!!! Yea!!!! Lisa
Old 09-19-2001, 12:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Lisa, you're too cute! Happy New Year, girl! (And I hope your Yom Kippur goes by quick and painless...I know I would have trouble fasting all day! )
Old 10-01-2001, 03:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Name: Tracey

University/Chapter: Eastern Michigan Univ - Zeta Alpha

Collegian/Alumnae: I pledged in Fall 1992 and became an alumnae in 1996. I wasn't gone long from my chapter... In the Fall of 1997 I joined the Zeta Alpha Advisor team as the Recruitment Advisor and in Fall 2000 I became the Chapter Advisor.

Why I joined AGD: That is simple... It's home...

Favorite Memory: Too sad of a story to actually get into, but simply put... At the ABSOLUTE worst point in my life, my sisters were there for me.
Old 10-02-2001, 05:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to alphagambabe
Hey gals-
this is my first post on here so i figured this was a good thread to start with.

Andrea
Arizona State University-Delta Xi Chapter
Spring 2001 Pledge Class
I joined Alpha Gam after moving to arizona from Wi and not knowing a sole. It made me feel at home, and the memories I've made in the short time i've been here are amazing.
Old 10-02-2001, 08:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Andrea,
I just wanted to welcome you! It's great to have you here!