GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Community Service / Philanthropy

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,094
2 members and 1,092 guests
LaneSig

Old 01-02-2004, 04:38 PM
GreekChat Member

DC Area Book Swap

Hi everybody!

This is a note to let you all know that some friends and I are planning a book swap in Washington, DC in late February. If you are in the DC area and have books to donate or trade, please post a response or send me a PM.

The way this book swap will work:

*** We will secure a venue and a date at a centralized location in Washington, DC. (This will be finalized in about a week -- keep the last Saturday in February free!)

*** At this venue, you will bring your used books and the volunteers will give you a voucher/receipt/coupon for each book you donate. (We will have a cut-off for how many vouchers you can get, but no cut-off as to how many books you can donate....it is for charity, after all.)

*** After all the books have been swapped, the extras will be donated to Lamond-Riggs Library, a branch of the District of Columbia Library. It is adjacent to Bertie Backus Middle School in Northeast Washington. They will either sell those books for branch fundraisers, or they might even include some of the books on their shelves. (If the content is needed and the condition is good.)

*** You will have fun socializing with folks and be fulfilled because not only did you donate books to a good cause, but you picked up some books for yourself!

So, if you're interested in donating or volunteering, just send me a PM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-02-2004, 04:40 PM
GreekChat Member

If you decide to copy the above message and email it to your local friends, please include my email address: rashid01@hotmail.com.
Old 01-02-2004, 04:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: DC Area Book Swap

Quote:
Originally posted by Senusret I
Hi everybody!

This is a note to let you all know that some friends and I are planning a book swap in Washington, DC in late February. If you are in the DC area and have books to donate or trade, please post a response or send me a PM.

The way this book swap will work:

*** We will secure a venue and a date at a centralized location in Washington, DC. (This will be finalized in about a week -- keep the last Saturday in February free!)

*** At this venue, you will bring your used books and the volunteers will give you a voucher/receipt/coupon for each book you donate. (We will have a cut-off for how many vouchers you can get, but no cut-off as to how many books you can donate....it is for charity, after all.)

*** After all the books have been swapped, the extras will be donated to Lamond-Riggs Library, a branch of the District of Columbia Library. It is adjacent to Bertie Backus Middle School in Northeast Washington. They will either sell those books for branch fundraisers, or they might even include some of the books on their shelves. (If the content is needed and the condition is good.)

*** You will have fun socializing with folks and be fulfilled because not only did you donate books to a good cause, but you picked up some books for yourself!

So, if you're interested in donating or volunteering, just send me a PM.
Great idea for a "fun"draiser! Good luck!
Old 02-03-2004, 04:02 PM
GreekChat Member

what a fantastic idea! And the DC public library system will certainly benefit from your help. Even the Georgetown branch is hurting.
Old 02-03-2004, 05:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks! I am actually *STILL* trying to secure the venue. Hopefully I will know something by the end of the week.
Old 02-08-2004, 08:54 PM
Banned

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/

Advertise it on craigslist. I hope you get a good response.

-Rudey