GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Events Is your organization hosting an Event or do you know about an upcoming Event and would like to get the word out? Post all Event related information here.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,453
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zamesyandext578
» Online Users: 2,221
0 members and 2,221 guests
No Members online

Old 07-12-2000, 05:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool Philly Greek Picnic

Hey Everyone,
I was just wondering if any NPHC members, or otherwise, had attended the Philly Greek Picnic Last Weekend. Unfortunately, I wasnt able to go. But I am on the Official Greek Picnic Mailing list, as many of you probably are also, and the event got positive feedback. I just want to know what, if anything, I missed. What did you think?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-12-2000, 07:51 PM
GreekChat Member

I was watching Inside Edition last night, and they had some very disturbing news about the picnic. The story was covering how females dress seductively at large events like Philly Greek Picnic, Freaknic etc. They were showing footage of the gathering in 1998 and they showed guys ripping women's clothes off and fondling them in public. There was one particular girl who got trampled by a group of wild guys who were behaving like they had never seen a female dressed seductively. Of course they weren't members of GReek Organizations.

They also showed footage from this year, which seemed to go rather smoothly. I just thought it was interesting on how they were portraying the event. They never said the "Philly Greek Picnic." They only stated "The large gathering of the 9 African-American Fraternities and Sororities in Philadelphia.
Old 07-12-2000, 08:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to ZetaAce Send a message via AIM to ZetaAce
Well one of the reasons it went a lot smoother this year is because the hosts went out of their way to try to get only greeks to come, and wanted to pervay to the outsiders that it was a 'greek only' event. The Philly inquirer did a story about it and how it went smoother than prior years. (There is a link to it in the Zeta forum.)

I didn't go this year but I went last year and it was very very disturbing to see some of the things that went on.

ZetaAce

------------------
Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc.
1-UL-97