GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,446
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, ageldarkz5086
» Online Users: 1,926
0 members and 1,926 guests
No Members online
Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 06:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by flgirl05 View Post
Actually, I don't think you all are "getting it".
When did I ever say once the reason I want to do fall is to have a chance at a top tier house-the reason I wanted to do fall is to have the experience of being introduced to every house, regardless of outcome...I stated in my last post "... I am just odd in the fact that when I make a decision I like to see all the choices available, and even though I might not have a shot in h*ll during the fall with the majority of the houses..." I am fully aware of and acknowledging the fact that I have severely lowered chances of getting a bid during fall... I also stated I am leaning towards spring recruitment so I don't understand what the point of this attitude is..
See, here's the thing you aren't getting. A person in your situation DOES NOT HAVE CHOICES. Every year, girls just like you come here and are sure they are the exception. Sure they are THE ONE. Say confidently that it won't matter to them if they don't get a bid or only get invited to the bottom tier houses. Then once they have an unsuccessful recruitment, they come back to GC with all kinds of butt hurt to tell us what meanies sorority girls are. You're not unique, honey. Your situation isn't "different" at all.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-09-2010, 06:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Why not talk with the Greek Affairs office? They can give you information on upperclass partitipation in recruitment - # who signed up, # who pledged, etc. Ask for hard numbers because they'll just tell you at first that you should go thru. But they do have that information on hand.
Old 10-09-2010, 06:25 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbie's_Rush View Post
See, here's the thing you aren't getting. A person in your situation DOES NOT HAVE CHOICES. Every year, girls just like you come here and are sure they are the exception. Sure they are THE ONE. Say confidently that it won't matter to them if they don't get a bid or only get invited to the bottom tier houses. Then once they have an unsuccessful recruitment, they come back to GC with all kinds of butt hurt to tell us what meanies sorority girls are. You're not unique, honey. Your situation isn't "different" at all.
She may indeed have choices. We don't know, we aren't there. Some juniors do get bids (without benefit of upperclass quotas) at SEC/ACC schools. We've done our thing in advising her that her choices may be limited. Titchou is right--all the OP can do is talk to Greek Life and see what happens. Maybe she'll get a bid, maybe not. We'll see. The End.
Closed Thread