GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,433
4 members and 1,429 guests
aantonygooglet9, John, Sen's Revenge

Old 09-15-2010, 11:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up Real Sorority Women, Join Me Phiredup Recruitment Blog

http://www.phiredup.com/index.php?op...p=889&Itemid=2
Old 09-15-2010, 12:58 PM
GreekChat Member

love this!
Old 09-15-2010, 01:07 PM
GreekChat Member

My favorite part from that blog post:

I, as a proud sorority woman, understand that being a member of a fraternal organization comes with extra responsibilities and expectations. That when I took my oath to be a life long member, I promised to hold myself to a higher standard every day. That being a sorority woman does not make me better than you - it makes me better than who I was. I take my responsibility of being a sorority woman seriously and I get upset when others do not.

Now to the part that might offend some of you - especially those select women I’ve worked with recently that realize I am talking directly to you: If you want to be an organization that is a bunch of pretty girls who party - great, more power to ya. Be a group of pretty girls who party - but don’t call yourself a sorority - be a club. Don’t be a sorority if you don’t want to live by the values your founders intended when your organization was created - be a club. Don’t be a sorority if you want get wasted, party hard, break rules, and act foolish - be a club. Don’t be a sorority if you don’t care about your academics, making an impact on the world, or being a leader - be a club. Being a sorority comes with extra responsibility and higher standards - if you can't get with that - then don’t - no one is forcing you to - just be a club. Seriously, if you are not being a sorority woman (what they are supposed to be), but find yourself in something called a sorority… please quit.

If you want to be a true sorority woman, then I welcome you to join me on the front lines of recruitment to find more women like us - women who want to be in a sorority, not a club.

*If you don’t really know what it supposed mean to be a member of your sorority - we recommend you look in your ritual book - your founders left the answer there for you.

Last edited by DoctorD; 09-15-2010 at 02:17 PM.
Old 09-15-2010, 01:54 PM
GreekChat Member

I misread this at first, and wondered who you were being snarky at!
Old 09-15-2010, 04:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Moi?

The writer is not Alpha Gamma Delta.

Last edited by AGDLynn; 09-15-2010 at 05:17 PM. Reason: I misread the FB post, lol. She said "proud to be her friend" and I read "sister".
Old 09-15-2010, 04:56 PM
GreekChat Member

This is a great post! I thought that she was an Alpha Sigma Tau (?) but I'd be more than happy to have her as another great alum
Old 09-15-2010, 04:57 PM
GreekChat Member

As much as we'd all like to claim Jessica Gendron Williams as our sister, only Alpha Sigma Tau has that honor.
Old 09-15-2010, 05:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by violetpretty View Post
As much as we'd all like to claim Jessica Gendron Williams as our sister, only Alpha Sigma Tau has that honor.
Yep, lol. I went back and reread where an Alpha Gam had posted the link.

Oops!
Old 09-15-2010, 07:13 PM

I had the pleasure of hearing Jessica speak at our first annual Volunteer Summit this summer. She was discussing the Dynamic Recruitment Coaching Model. I'm familiar with DR (as someone who works with recruitment) but I thought it would be boring for the other volunteers who don't work with it. Wrong! She has a very fun personality and is SO entertaining/engaging!

Lakers Nation.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post
I had the pleasure of hearing Jessica speak at our first annual Volunteer Summit this summer. She was discussing the Dynamic Recruitment Coaching Model. I'm familiar with DR (as someone who works with recruitment) but I thought it would be boring for the other volunteers who don't work with it. Wrong! She has a very fun personality and is SO entertaining/engaging!
She and Colleen Coffey are AWESOME! Colleen is one of my all-time favorite people ever.