GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Gamma Delta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,130
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zmaisongoogleto
» Online Users: 1,429
0 members and 1,429 guests
No Members online

Old 06-16-2008, 11:18 AM
GreekChat Member

I have the start of a packed bag...some shoes and outfits that I'm saving out to ensure no accidental food spilages occur during my short work week....

Maybe I will have some time during my day on Wednesday for a pedi...I'm getting my eyebrows waxed today...

So much to do and so little time it seems...I hope I have it all together!! Old Navy has a sale on some fun summer clothes...I just might have to stop by and check it out...I guess I will need to completely finish packing tonight to make sure I don't need anything else last minute...

I also have to give my poochie a bath tonight...my boyfriend said he didn't want to take care of a stinky yorkie while I was gone

Last edited by SassyPantsAGD; 06-16-2008 at 11:20 AM.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Glad I have 1 more night because UGA better win tonight while I'm watching!
Old 06-16-2008, 08:55 PM
GreekChat Member

24 hours from right about now, DoctorD and I will be having dinner in San Antonio!!! I can't believe it's finally here I still have things to do, but they are last minute things...
Old 06-16-2008, 09:47 PM
GreekChat Member

I just got home from last minute shopping and manicure/pedicure. STILL have laundry to do, and am ready to do packing.

Bought 2 possible dresses [with the help of my children] for Feast of Roses and some shoes that don't fit, but that will work for the walk to dinner ... After that, I may be carrying them. Am making the decision on which dress to take in a little while and the other will be saved until next convention!

Wonder what time I'll make it to bed tonight???
Old 06-16-2008, 10:00 PM
GreekChat Member

In the morning, I have to clean the bathroom (maybe tonight), finish packing my carry on and hygiene stuff, see if I can get a new battery for one of my watches, get a pedi, buy contact solution and bug spray (per the people in the Conventions 2008 thread who have been to Knibbe Ranch who said DON'T forget bug spray there), pack up the dog's stuff, drop her off at my ex'es. I can get all that done by 11 am, right?

ETA: almost forgot "Take out the garbage".. that would be a tragic thing to forget since I'll turn the A/C off when I leave!
Old 06-16-2008, 10:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post

ETA: almost forgot "Take out the garbage".. that would be a tragic thing to forget since I'll turn the A/C off when I leave!
Oh crud... Garbage! I have to do that, too, in the morning. Ugh!

Laundry... awaits... bedtime will be sometime tomorrow, I'm afraid!
Old 06-17-2008, 12:23 AM
GreekChat Member

One bag is packed! Waiting on laundry, and paying bills.... Might make it to bed by 1! And then again...
Old 06-17-2008, 06:38 AM
GreekChat Member

bone pumps

I'd offer you the pair in my closet from a wedding that Dr D and I were in many years ago (see, Lee, I don't wear them often!), but they're size 5 1/2. If they'd fit, let me know. I'm sure they'll cram in my suitcase.

Stressed? Y'all are funny. I still have to alter the couple of dresses today and get suitcase down from the attic. Ugh. Must leave home at 5a tomorrow. Fortunately I will leave children with DH.

bunk beds: no bunkie boards, just decent-enough-but-flexible-mattress over screwed-in slats is the key. One corner at a time, bend back corner, put fitted mattress pad on and have child underneath to pull through what you shove down. Repeat for fitted sheet. They never leave the top sheet tucked in, so why bother. Fold it under or cut it off! They're old enough to 'grab this & pull' to make their beds AND retain your sanity & religion!!! Another hint-cheap comforters that you can throw over the whole mess and make it look like you tried.

Off to fix breakfast & pack lunch for my middleschooler who has Pre-IB Prep summer academy this week then to see what else I can do to procrastinate sewing.

See y'all tomorrow!
Old 06-17-2008, 08:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionInMI View Post
Y'all are stressin' me out! I CANNOT find a pair of bone pumps. I'm heading out again tomorrow night, shopping for this thing is killing me!

Off to dream about finding the perfect pair of bone-colored-shoes, somewhere, somehow...
I'm so proud of you for using the word "y'all!"

The shoes I bought last night for Feast of Roses don't fit - I wear a 10N, and they are a 10M - Just don't look too close at my feet!

Good luck finding shoes! I even googled Nordstrom last night to see if there was one in San Antonio [there is, but not near where we are staying], since that is the only place I ever have luck buying shoes.

[And Nancy, I didn't remember the shoes being bone, but that would only make sense given what the bridesmaid dress looked like - those shoes are long gone, although I did pop in on Hannah at work last week in Athens. ]
Old 06-17-2008, 09:18 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm off to get batteries replaced in my watches, drop off the dog, and head to the airport! See you all in San Antonio! (or from San Antonio)
Old 06-17-2008, 09:44 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm off, too - car is packed, plus the garbage I get to take to the dump... cat has clean litter, food, water... dishwasher is running... and so am I! So much for leaving at 9. Good thing that was an earlier than necessary departure goal... Now I'm right on time!

See everyone soon!

PS - the manicure is already toast.
Old 06-17-2008, 04:27 PM
GreekChat Member

All I have left to pack are...

white shoes...straightening iron....and jean skirt...

whew...

def no time pedi...just had to paint the nails...

guess the brows will have to wait until tomorrow...

Too much to fit into so small of a space....played in a golf tournament today...and I have to fit in a lot of sales calls tomorrow before I depart...

Can't wait though!
Old 06-17-2008, 06:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Pulled out a bunch of stuff last night so I could decide what I wanted/needed to bring tonight, lol.

Can't decide what to do about shoes. I don't want to bring a lot of different pairs but I never know which ones will hurt the most, lol.

Here's something sweet. My hubby gave me $100 out of the blue. He was going to use it to buy a gun from my bro in law but the bil changed his mind!
Old 06-17-2008, 08:58 PM
GreekChat Member

packed new shoes, but not sure they'll be as comfy as the old stand-by pairs, so they're all in the stash. I refuse to count. I have nothing fancy, as everything is SANDals here in Florida!
Just ironed the last of the shorts, one more top that I found needs some tlc...then it's off to the showers! 5am comes early, and my children are already missing me.
M-I-C...
See ya real soon!
Old 06-17-2008, 09:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionInMI View Post
Hi again, again, NEVER MIND, another CA dug up and confirmed the info. for us. Thanks!
Just in case the other CA didn't have the correct info.. you don't need anything this time. There have been no changes since the last Constitution was printed and there are no resolutions, so no need to bring it.

Oh yeah, we're already having fun Have run into agd4rie already and had dinner with DoctorD. The Riverwalk is very cool. The walking (within the hotel) doesn't seem that bad this time. The elevators aren't too far from the thick of things. The pool looks great. DoctorD and I walked to a restaurant for dinner (which seemed kind of far) with the plan to take a boat back to the Rivercenter. However, the boat tickets were sold out for the night so we had to walk back. It's quite hot ladies!

Last edited by AGDee; 06-17-2008 at 09:47 PM.