GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,335
1 members and 1,334 guests
FSUZeta

Old 03-09-2018, 08:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by naraht View Post
Last letter could have been Sigma or could have been Alpha. Alpha Sigma Sigma isn't something that I'd expect except as a bad joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheerio View Post
Ach, my bad! So sorry! I DID mean Alpha, not Sigma. Perhaps a moderator could somehow correct/change the wording of my original 2/28/18 post? Thank you if you are able to do so.
Haha, this is so fantastic. Especially because I read this a few times and never caught the error. Just read it as AST vs ASA.

@~/~~~~
Old 03-10-2018, 09:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Spotted as I was passing through several airports for spring break:
Old Dominion Alpha Xi Delta and her boyfriend wearing an ODU FSL pullover
Several Virginia Tech Chi Omegas
A woman wearing a Delta Gamma vest
Guy in a Phi Kappa Psi hoodie (yelling SPRING BREAK WOO for a snapchat video as they left the airport)
Theta Chi-Sigma Kappa function shirt
Penn State Phi Sigma Rho shirt
Highways adopted by FGCU Phi Delta Theta and Zeta Phi Beta when I was in Fort Myers
Old 03-11-2018, 12:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Sister Havana
Saw a car with a Kappa Kappa Psi sticker parked in front of the building next to mine.
Old 03-14-2018, 10:56 AM
GreekChat Member

I saw a homeless dude rocking an NPC org's spirit jersey this morning near the train station. I had to do a double take as to what I saw! Not gonna name the org because I don't want to offend anyone.
Old 03-14-2018, 04:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOIILisa View Post
I saw a homeless dude rocking an NPC org's spirit jersey this morning near the train station. I had to do a double take as to what I saw! Not gonna name the org because I don't want to offend anyone.
I seem to remember a thread about this from a long time ago...

Not about this person in particular, of course, but about a homeless man wearing an NPC's letters.

@~/~~~~
Old 03-14-2018, 04:36 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTalumna06 View Post
I seem to remember a thread about this from a long time ago...

Not about this person in particular, of course, but about a homeless man wearing an NPC's letters.
I remember seeing a picture of three men in the middle east, two American contractors and a local man. The local man was wearing an Alpha Delta Pi sweatshirt. I wish I could find the picture!
Old 03-15-2018, 11:22 AM
GreekChat Member

I'd love to know how he got an ADPi shirt. LOL
Old 03-15-2018, 01:20 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeychile View Post
Sometimes a picture says a thousand words - this is genuine, not photoshopped!

Seriously, this came with the following email:

I have attached a little humor for you from Iraq. It's actually what
spawned my inquiry into the old chapter. One of my responsibilities out here with the Iraqi battalion is overseeing construction projects in support of the unit. I am having a fort built for one of my Iraqi companies and have a local construction contractor working for me. I was out at the construction site a couple weeks ago and saw one of the workers wearing an odd article of clothing that looked familiar. I called him over (which is a task when no translator is handy) and saw that he was wearing a sorority sweatshirt!! I about lost it. I yelled for my translator, then made him explain the sweatshirt and its meaning to the worker. Needless to say, he was not pleased to be wearing a "girl shirt". I explained that it meant he was part of a club (easier to explain club than "sorority") of a LOT of beautiful women, knowing first hand since I dated a few in my day, but he was still not pleased. So please, pass this on to the appropriate sorority sisters you know, and tell them that their rush efforts in Iraq are seriously slipping. This isn't the caliber I remember of their sorority at ASU. It might even be worth posting in the IFC office for all to enjoy.

I hope to talk to you again and see you at one of the events this fall.

ITB,
Joe Moye

Capt Joe Moye
Logistics Officer
Border Transition Team Three
5th Battalion, 3rd Iraqi Border Brigade
Sadly, you can't see the photo (darn Photo Bucket!), but here's the post.
Old 05-13-2018, 04:45 PM
GreekChat Member

As is custom during finals weeks many greek-lettered clothes, cars, and library study sheets populate nearby campuses: Delta Sigma Phi; Pi Beta Phi; Alpha Omicron Pi; and Sigma Kappa to name a few.

Also noting a comeback of sorts for names/initials of a university across the backside of athletic shorts and sweatpants. Recalls the day decades ago when it was common for greek letters to be similarly located.

It's only words, and words are all I have to take your heart away.
Old 05-13-2018, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheerio View Post
Also noting a comeback of sorts for names/initials of a university across the backside of athletic shorts and sweatpants. Recalls the day decades ago when it was common for greek letters to be similarly located.
I never did understand that trend. You'd be sitting on your letters, and, if you're unlucky, "tooting" through them. Also, I went to MIT, so the I would be sitting right on top of my butt crack.

I see a lot of Greek letters while out and about here in New Orleans. I've seen plenty of men wearing fraternity letters on Bourbon St. and elsewhere in the French Quarter. (Not so much sorority letters, probably because NPC sororities like to distance themselves from any association with alcohol.) There's a Kappa Delta who parks in the garage adjacent to my office (I've never met her, but she has a KD license plate frame). I've seen plenty of Greek letters on "front license plates" as Louisiana requires only a rear license plate. (Which is damned annoying when you're trying to figure out if an approaching car is your Uber ride. But I digress.) It's not surprising - Tulane is here in New Orleans (and is home to AEPhi's first chapter outside New York), and it seems plenty of LSU students graduate and move to New Orleans.
Old 05-14-2018, 06:05 AM
Super Moderator

Say a car with Tri Delta letters Saturday. Most week days I see a Lambda Chi car headed in the same general direction as me.
Old 05-14-2018, 07:03 AM
GreekChat Member

At a Thai restaurant Friday: a darling young woman wearing a Pi Beta Phi t-shirt with "Beaux and Arrows" (from a date function? It was so cleverly done). Driving home from said restaurant, at a stoplight:a Delta Sigma Theta license plate holder on the car in front of me.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 05-14-2018, 09:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTheta View Post
At a Thai restaurant Friday: a darling young woman wearing a Pi Beta Phi t-shirt with "Beaux and Arrows" (from a date function? It was so cleverly done). Driving home from said restaurant, at a stoplight:a Delta Sigma Theta license plate holder on the car in front of me.
One of my daughter's chapter formals was always called this...I don't remember if it was fall or winter, but we have a couple souvenir plastic cups in the kitchen cabinet. Obviously, I'm not motivated enough to check the cabinet to see which semester it was...I just know they have the date and a cute ballroom dancing graphic.
Old 05-31-2018, 10:22 AM
GreekChat Member

There's a Clarion Phi Sigma Sigma at my gym.
Old 06-01-2018, 05:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Roaming around Pittsburgh the last couple days, I saw a Phi Beta Sigma "license plate" (there is no need for a government-issued plate in the front of your car in PA, so decorative ones are an option) and a Kappa Alpha Theta license plate frame.

@~/~~~~