GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,422
2 members and 1,420 guests
KDKells, Xidelt

Old 08-24-2008, 09:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Georgia Southern University Sorority Recruitment Results

I was just wondering if anyone has info on the results of GSU's sorority recruitment. Quota? Chapter totals? Number of New members?

GreekChat.com - The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-24-2008, 09:30 PM
GreekChat Member

I was Kappa at GSU (I'm not anymore, I transferred) but I kept up with our information.

I was told that quota was 38 and I believe total is 120 this year. Kappa got 27 new girls through formal, and are hosting a COB event this week.

I don't have any info on the other groups though.
Old 08-24-2008, 10:37 PM
GreekChat Member

thanks

Thanks for the info. I've now heard different things, depending on who I ask. I've heard that several of the groups did not make quota and that the number of pnm's was much less this year. I don't know if that is correct info but I am just curious. I was AOII at GSU and affiliated w/ UGA. I am very glad Kappa came back and really hope they do well. I had some great friends who were Kappa in the early 90's. GSU is a tough environment for sororities to thrive (Chi Omega, Delta Zeta and Alpha Xi Delta and one more sorority that I can't remember all had very difficult times there before they eventually closed.) Best of luck to the GSU's Kappa's on upcoming COB.

GreekChat.com - The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network
Old 08-25-2008, 01:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Kappa is doing wonderful at GSU. You are definitely correct in saying that it's a hard environment for newer sororities, I know that first hand. Kappa won Pi Kappa Phi's PUSH week last spring, and I think we were third in grades, so we are definitely making a name for ourselves on campus. I'm so proud of my home chapter. =]

I did hear there weren't as many PNM's, but I don't know about the other groups making quota. I have a close friend who is ADPi, but I haven't talked to her about recruitment. Hopefully someone else from Southern will come around with more info than I have.

Last edited by kappa_dancer; 08-25-2008 at 01:37 AM.