GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,408
3 members and 1,405 guests
aangelasuasd942, janesstexxda745

Old 01-20-2002, 11:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Arrow Spring Rush

Spring Rush at MTSU (Middle Tennessee State University) starts Feb. 4th for us (Zeta Tau Alpha). I'm not sure when DZ is doing theirs (my new roommate's a DZ---she's awesome), but none of the other NPC sororities here (there are seven total) participate in Spring Rush besides DZ and us. There's also a local sorority, Phi Chi, having Spring Rush. Fraternity rush here starts next week, but I'm not sure who all is participating in that.

Anyhow, I just wanted to say that if anyone out there is rushing this Spring (or even next Fall) at MTSU, whether sorority or fraternity, let me know if you have any questions and I will try to answer them for you or I will ask someone else who will know!!! I'm really excited about rush as this will be my first time on <b>"the other side"</b> (enter Twighlight Zone theme song j/k). Wish me luck! Good luck to everyone, whether you are a rushee or a rusher, and may we all fill our quotas!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-20-2002, 11:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Good luck with rush!!
Old 01-21-2002, 09:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Good Luck!! I am sure you guys will do just great. One of the women I advise with is an AOTT from MTSU and she is just wonderful--as I am sure all greek women at MTSU are. Have fun!
Old 01-21-2002, 06:47 PM

Best of luck with rush! ZLAM
Old 01-21-2002, 07:27 PM
GreekChat Member

How funny is that song...here is how ours goes

Hey look us over lend us an ear
we are the theta's and we're glad your here
hi hold the kite girls don't let it fall
we figured you've the rest and we're sure you will agree
that its a strong sisterhood yes our sorority
that offers you the most girls love and loyalty
theres a little bit more of theta girl in each of you tonite
so look out girls theta's right. (clap..clap)
Old 01-21-2002, 07:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Good Luck

Good Luck with rush!
I know rush here at the univ of Hartford starts the 31st so we still have a week. As alumni I am helping out the GReek coordinator on campus and Im excited to get to see rush from a different angle!
Old 01-23-2002, 11:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SparkliiQTMTSU Send a message via Yahoo to SparkliiQTMTSU
Jessica!! Hey!! Wow I hope you guys have a great Spring Rush! I know that most of the fraternities on Greek Row are participating in Spring Rush this week I have been out a Sigma Chi a bit. I can't wait until Fall b/c thats when I will be rushing!! yaay Go Me!! lol

Nichole
Old 01-24-2002, 12:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Nichole-that's awesome! I was at Sigma Chi on Tuesday night! I didn't get there until after 9pm, though because I had Psych class until then. It seems most of the rushee guys had left by then. I will definitely go to the parties on Friday & Saturday at several of the houses. I'm going to send you a PM! Check your messages!
Old 01-30-2002, 09:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Only six more days!!! I'm so excited! We have our Rush Workshop on Saturday morning. Yay! Tuesday Feb 5th is the first night. Hopefully we will have a lot of girls show up!!! Rumor has it that several are absolutely sure they want to pledge ZTA, and a few are going to meet us just to see, b/c they might still want to go through Fall Rush. Anyway...does anyone have anything to share about the whole informal Spring recruitment that might help me in any way? I'm almost as excited about this as I was when I went through! I just talked to a friend of a friend tonight & I think I've convinced her to go through Rush! Yay! I also invited SparkliiQMTSU to come out & meet us even though she wants to go through in the fall.
Old 01-30-2002, 10:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SparkliiQTMTSU Send a message via Yahoo to SparkliiQTMTSU
YAAY I cant wait to go out and meet all the ZTA's!!! I know its gonna be a blast!! thanks so much for inviting me out Jessica!!

Nichole
Old 01-31-2002, 10:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Wow, everything is SO different here! We started Sunday night (Jan. 27) and every NPC sorority except one is participating. The first 3 nights were Philanthropy nights where we were only supposed to talk about philanthropy for 45 minutes. (Not that I don't care about my philanthropy, but there is only so much you can say about it!). So the first 2 nights of this were 3 parties each and the 3rd night was just 2 parties. Then starting last night is 2nd rounds, which are social and scholarship night. Yeah, only 30 out of 107 girls came back to us, and we only cut 20 Tonight is the last night of that. Then on Friday we have our serious night which we call Inspirationals. Basically, whoever we invite back that night is going to get a bid. Doesn't mean they'll take it though And then Saturday we have this thing called Walk, which I don't think many schools do, where all the sororities line up and the new members run to them... Now, we have no idea before this who we're getting. Anyway... as you can tell, I'm rather depressed about the whole thing. I am so glad that I am outta here after this semester and never have to deal with this again!!!

Good luck to everyone else out there
Old 01-31-2002, 12:32 PM
GreekChat Member

SSS1365---yeah see sorority Spring Recruitment here usually only ZTA & DZ participate in because we're the two smallest NPC groups on campus and we tend to get smaller pledge classes. Also there's a local sorority & lots of service & honors sororities that recruit in both spring & fall too. Someone told me yesterday that AXO didn't get as many new members either, and so they're also eligible for informal recruitment, but I think they decided against it for some reason. The fraternities here ALWAYS recruit in Spring AND Fall. Of course, Fall is bigger for them though, just like for sororities. In the fall we have all 7 national sororities participate.
Old 02-01-2002, 10:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Well tonight was the last night! The moment of truth comes tomorrow. We invited back 22 girls, and 18 of them came back I'm excited, I really think we'll get some awesome girls. And, I REALLY glad I never have to do this again!
Old 02-01-2002, 10:49 PM

Send a message via AIM to shadokat Send a message via Yahoo to shadokat
SSS1365--

I know that times are tough, and things may seem dire, but keep your chin up Your chapter will always need your support and love as an alumnae too!! I hope you get all the girls you had back!
Old 02-02-2002, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SSS1365
Well tonight was the last night! The moment of truth comes tomorrow. We invited back 22 girls, and 18 of them came back I'm excited, I really think we'll get some awesome girls. And, I REALLY glad I never have to do this again!
That sounds like me and 2 of my sisters...the celebrating after our last final was NOTHING compared to the celebrating after our last rush party, LOL! I mean, I love my sorority with all my heart but as far as rush was concerned, we were all burned out.