GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,089
1 members and 1,088 guests
Sarak24034

Old 11-26-2009, 08:04 PM
GreekChat Member

answer these questions if you have been hazed

Hi, I need these questions for a research paper for school. I really really need some ppl to help me out. i wud really appreciate it. completely confidential

questions

1. Have you ever experienced hazing?
2. If you can say, please describe your hazing experience?
3. What were your feelings during the hazing experience?
4. Do you think that you have ever gotten over the hazing experience? If yes, how so?
5. Did your experience cause you to become ill or physically injured? How? Did you ever recover or suffer from permanent injuries?
6. Did you encounter any feelings of constant fear or anxiety anytime after being hazed? If yes, how did these feelings affect other aspects of your social life (friends, family, school life and activities)?
7. During your hazing period, were you frequently absent from school because of the hazing activities? How did this affect you’re your grades and academic life?
8. Did you ever have second thoughts about joining the group because of speculations and stories of hazing? If yes, what made you go through with joining the group?
9. Do you think that the experience has made you stronger and closer to your colleagues?
10. Did you ever report hazing to your school administration? Why or why not?
11. Are you still a member of or affiliated with the group? If no, was the hazing incident a reason for leaving the group?
12. What opinions did your family and friends outside the group express about your hazing experiences?
13. Do you think that stories seen on television or in books truly depict the nature and effects of hazing, from your experiences? If no, how are they misleading?

Last edited by asdf123; 11-26-2009 at 08:13 PM.
Old 11-26-2009, 08:38 PM
Super Moderator

What is your professor going to think about your methodology? There's no way to verify the veracity of any of the information you receive here.

If you have time, and I doubt you do because the semester is damn near over, I would suggest a new topic, or at the very least, a different approach.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 11-26-2009, 08:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
What is your professor going to think about your methodology?

Forget the methodology, the OP said "wud". "Methodology" is way too big of a word for him or her.
Old 11-26-2009, 09:39 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kddani View Post
Forget the methodology, the OP said "wud". "Methodology" is way too big of a word for him or her.
Word.

(or wud?)
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 11-27-2009, 02:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to dreamseeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
Word.

(or wud?)
LMAO! *DEAD*
Old 11-27-2009, 04:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Honestly I would also doubt the authenticity of the data you might receive by posting on a message board - how to know if these stories are accurate and fact based? Also I doubt too many posters would be willing to come forward with stories if they had been hazed. Also everyone's definition of "hazing" may vary widely as well.
Old 11-27-2009, 05:40 PM
GreekChat Member

These are the most loaded, ridiculous questions ever. You're going to fail whatever class this is for.
Old 11-27-2009, 07:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trideltrockstar View Post
Honestly I would also doubt the authenticity of the data you might receive by posting on a message board - how to know if these stories are accurate and fact based? Also I doubt too many posters would be willing to come forward with stories if they had been hazed. Also everyone's definition of "hazing" may vary widely as well.
I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking this.
Old 11-28-2009, 03:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to preciousjeni
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdf123 View Post
Hi, I need these questions for a research paper for school. I really really need some ppl to help me out. i wud really appreciate it. completely confidential

questions

4. Do you think that you have ever gotten over the hazing experience? If yes, how so?
5. Did your experience cause you to become ill or physically injured? How? Did you ever recover or suffer from permanent injuries?
6. Did you encounter any feelings of constant fear or anxiety anytime after being hazed? If yes, how did these feelings affect other aspects of your social life (friends, family, school life and activities)?
7. During your hazing period, were you frequently absent from school because of the hazing activities? How did this affect you’re your grades and academic life?
8. Did you ever have second thoughts about joining the group because of speculations and stories of hazing? If yes, what made you go through with joining the group?
9. Do you think that the experience has made you stronger and closer to your colleagues?
11. Are you still a member of or affiliated with the group? If no, was the hazing incident a reason for leaving the group?
12. What opinions did your family and friends outside the group express about your hazing experiences?
13. Do you think that stories seen on television or in books truly depict the nature and effects of hazing, from your experiences? If no, how are they misleading?
1. Yes
2. I had to stay up all night long several times just to get the work done. I was also forced to completely alter my schedule in order to attend the educational meetings.
3. Most of the time, I felt really stressed out. I even cried sometimes.
4. I got over it when it was done. I think the best thing that came out of my experience is that I was able to beef up my resume.
5. I wasn't ever physically injured, but I did get sick sometimes being around other people who came to the educational meetings with colds and such.
6. I was completely fine after it was over.
7. I was rarely absent from school. I was *required* to attend the classes and to participate.
8. Well the entity that hazed me was pretty well known and had a good reputation. That definitely impacted my decision.
9. I'm much stronger and wiser. I don't know that I am closer to my colleagues per se.
10. The administration didn't care at all. In fact, they encouraged the hazing!
11. I'm an alumna.
12. My family and friends were excited about my experience. My success made them proud.
13. Not really. Entertainment is entertainment. It's rarely completely factual.

ETA: Did you need to know who did the hazing or does it matter?

Talented, tested, tenacious, and true...
A woman of diversity through and through.
Old 11-29-2009, 01:36 AM
GreekChat Member

i am misunderstood.. highly upset and sad and will give this information
because it is my way of venting.

Quote:

questions

yeh, some call it that.
Its mostly mental, but thats part of the physicality of it. Lot of stress, depression, guilt, hate.
I hated what i went through, but it serves a purpose and in the end, it served its purpose
yeh, i jus knew as long as i didnt die, i'll be strait. there are things that i will never forget tho. i mean hell, times where i couldnt walk right or sit right
5. Did your experience cause you to become ill or physically injured?
How? Did you ever recover or suffer from permanent injuries?
ummm... tricky question... I was definitely physcially injured (i'll spare the details..lol lets jus say i had to wear multiple clothing)

ill... While still on line, i went to support a line brother playing football in a different city. I became seriously ill on the trip. bascially a regular common cold, but due to other parts of my body being hurt.. it amplified it. I was MISERABLE!

Yeh, i've recovered tho, i hav some scarring. but it comes with the territory of being "made".
aftter bein hazed as in still on line or after the line? I jus kno wen i was on line, i was afraid of the dark. lol... only cuz we have set or have to go do something.

friends..i lost some...family...dey understand. jus trust that...activities. I hold office in other orgs on campus. needless to say, i wasnt much of a help
i actually wasnt. I had a job on campus which required me to be on campus at 8am and since i live off campus, it wud be stupid to go home and skip class

my grades did drop, naturally. I was sleep deprived and even tho i was in class, it doesnt mean i was attentive.

i never had seconds thoughts. I knew this org "took pride in pledging the hardest". Once i was goin thru it tho, i jus remember thinking, GOT DAMM!!! i had no idea it was like THIS!!!!
I went through it becuz i wanted to join a brotherhood. I wanted brothers. u get closer to em by goin thru somethin. dis is wat i wanted, so thats wat i did
colleagues? u mean my Line Brothers? and HELL YEH!!! u kno wat we went thru!?!?! Im cooler and stronger den we was before we got on line. but its some im not close to compared to others. but its expected to hav lil "cliques" within your line
HELL NO! I wish i cud say the same for some others. My reason was because i mainly wanted to be in the org becuz of the brotherhood. youre closer thru your line brothers if yall went thru somethin, if i reported it, den da line wuda been dropped and we would not have went through shit and that defeats my MAIN purpose of joining in the first place!!
no, i am not. i mean, im affliated but not officially. and yeh, some of my so called line brothers didnt like the hazing and reported it (like i said before, this org takes pride in pledgin the HARDEST). Our line was dropped, but we had alredy been thru a lot. And yes, i hated it with all my heart, but i knew there was a reason behind it, thats why i did it.
my brother and mother are both in greek orgs. both pledged. i also have cousins and friends that are the same. i knew somewhat wat i was getting into before i got into it. i jus wanted to..PLEDGE
never really seen stuff on tv, so idk. but i kno the media hypes it up to what its really not. they make it to seem demonic. if that was the case, hazing would have died out long ago. media has to make it controversial for their ratings. though they do spit da truth

in closing, i dont regret what i did. its very much in heart. i love the org, i wish others understood that. what i choose to do with my body is my choice. i chose to take the wood.
the reason i joined this website is because i jus want to see yall.ppl who went thru something and made it. im jealous really.

november 23, 2009 SHOULD have been my probate. but 6 days later, im still here, and still have no letters. some ppl can sit der and say forget that. but not me.

So to all who went thru something to join your greek org.. Congrats. and to those who didnt that are in a greek org too. i cant really say ish cept congrats too. cuz at the end of the day, you have somthing i want...letters.

but still...i dont regret it.

i'll keep SEARCHING, LOOKING TOWARDS THE _______. Also towards the_________.

In MY HEART, NEVER WILL IT PART. NEVER WILL IT FADE.

-Former Aspirant/Prospect/guy on line

13 Club
Old 11-29-2009, 01:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1sunderstood View Post
, you have somthing i want...letters.
If that's all you want, then why go through the drama? Just get a sharpie and draw some letters on a t-shirt.
Romans 1:16
Old 11-29-2009, 01:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to dreamseeker
O_o

ETA: damn PB, i like that siggy. *blush*
Old 11-29-2009, 08:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Well, duh. Ur doing ur research on teh interwebs.
Old 11-29-2009, 02:06 PM
Banned

Ignore these people. They don't understand science.

Quote:
1. Yes.
2. This has been reserved for my therapist's couch or my hazing journal (see #12).
3. see above
4. No.
5. Of course.
6. Yes.
7. Greek trumps school.
8. No, I looked forward to it. Until it started and I couldn't stop it.
9. Yes because we talk about hazing alllllllll day. There's nothing else to Greekdom but this.
10. see below.
11. Well, duh, BLOOD IN BLOOD OUT! How can you NOT be a member of a group that tortures you to join? WE GOTCHO FREEDOM!
12. They read my hazing memoirs and blamed themselves for my need to belong.
13. They are accurate because it IS all about binge drinking and circle the fat on the chic games. It prepares us for life, which is full of alcohol and fat.
Old 11-29-2009, 02:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to preciousjeni
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
It prepares us for life, which is full of alcohol and fat.
How accurate! LMAO!

Talented, tested, tenacious, and true...
A woman of diversity through and through.