GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Alumni Involvement

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,044
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, NikiMussen
» Online Users: 1,515
1 members and 1,514 guests
Sen's Revenge
Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2016, 10:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greekgreek View Post
But if I was lied to from before that's not fair I have to be in it for ever and not be able to join another!
I've read that some have switched sorority after being initiated in the same school? If it's really not possible how did they do it?
Because sometimes life isn't fair, and as an adult, you have to make the best with what you are given.
Old 08-31-2016, 10:29 AM
Banned

All my friends are in other chapters and are even willing to sponsor me. The chapter I joined is not strong enough nationally or in my state to give me the opportunities the other one could.
Old 08-31-2016, 10:42 AM
Super Moderator

Well, life isn't fair.
Old 08-31-2016, 10:59 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
All my friends are in other chapters and are even willing to sponsor me. The chapter I joined is not strong enough nationally or in my state to give me the opportunities the other one could.
Okay, I'll bite: when you say chapter, do you mean your national GLO? Usually, chapter means the individual chapter at each individual school.

Is it the whole GLO isn't strong nationally, or is it that the chapter where you initiated isn't strong in your GLO?
Old 08-31-2016, 11:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
This makes my blood boil. You're not interested in lifelong friendships or a sense of community or even in being philanthropic. Please do yourself a favor and stop pretending to be.

For you, a sorority is a means to an end. You're interested in what membership can do for you, not what you can do for your organization. You want to take the easy way, to reap the benefits of membership without putting in the work. Well guess what? That ship has sailed for you. YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR MEMBERSHIP IN ANY OTHER NPC GROUP SO STOP ASKING. Take the advice others have given you and reach out to the organization you initiated into. Put your big girl panties on and deal with your choices. No one forced you to sign your MRBA, no one forced you to go through the new member period, no one forced you to initiate. Either make the best of your situation or go away but stop with the entitlement. Sorority membership is a privilege, not a right, and you my friend ARE NOT entitled to membership in another group despite how you may personally feel.
Old 08-31-2016, 11:17 AM
Banned

It's nationally not strong. I didn't post this to be attacked. If you have nothing nice to say please don't comment and be rude about it. I'm glad your sorority did not lie to you to join but I feel uncomfortable being part of an organization that has to lie to get members. I can see people here do not want to help me but it's ok I'll even call nationals if I have to or petition but it has been done before I will find a way.
Old 08-31-2016, 11:18 AM
Super Moderator

Right. You're already a liar--you call yourself greekgreek and you're not even Greek.
Old 08-31-2016, 11:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to DGTess
Quote:
I am not sure if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find any information about it. I was initiated to a sorority 3 years ago as a sophomore at my university and soon after I became inactive and dropped. I did that because it was a bad experience and I was lied to about things the sorority had and was going to do. Now that I have graduated I want to be able to join another sorority as alumnae. I know once you have initiated one you can not join another but I have read a lot of posts from previous years where people have seen it happen so it is possible. The president at the time of my chapter even said it was possible but wouldn't give me more information. I really want to join another one because I want the lifelong friendships and I love community and philanthropy. The one I was in does not do much and the fact that I was lied to makes me not want to ever be a part of it. Please, can someone help me and give me some advice.
You want it from the horse's mouth? Read here, Item III1..

Yes, you can join another. NOT, however, an NPC.

Why another would want someone who is in it for what she can get rather than what she can share is not something I understand, but I'm not involved in their membership selections either. I suppose it could happen.
Old 08-31-2016, 11:25 AM
Banned

[QUOTE=carnation;2417716]Right. You're already a liar--you call yourself greekgreek and you're not even Greek.[/QUOTE

I made this when I was Greek and haven't used it since just FYI
Old 08-31-2016, 11:29 AM
Banned

I feel attacked and Clearly none of you you understand my point of view because you guys didn't have any issues in your experience and I'm glad you didn't. I know a lot say it's not allowed but it's happened so I will continue investigating and getting information. Again if you have nothing nice to say please just ignore my thread as I was only asking for information.
Old 08-31-2016, 11:38 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
It's nationally not strong. I didn't post this to be attacked. If you have nothing nice to say please don't comment and be rude about it. I'm glad your sorority did not lie to you to join but I feel uncomfortable being part of an organization that has to lie to get members. I can see people here do not want to help me but it's ok I'll even call nationals if I have to or petition but it has been done before I will find a way.
If the GLO is not strong nationally, you need to decide if you're willing to work to make it stronger. If, and only if, you are willing to do so, then by all means, contact them. Plead your case, and try to be reinstated.

Drop the "they lied to me" bit. It was immature on their part, and you only take yourself down to the same level by constantly mentioning it. The chances are good that the only way that you will be reinstated is by proving that you're adult enough to follow through.

You cannot join any other NPC sorority, so the choice is yours: Contact your national headquarters with proof that you are what they need to grow, or remain a non-greek. That is the only hand which you can play. Life really isn't fair.
Old 08-31-2016, 11:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Don't try to turn this around. No one is attacking you. Your question has been answered. DGTess even did you the favor of pointing you to the exact regulation that bars ANYONE from initiating into more than one organization.

You feel attacked because you're not getting the answer you want. No one on this forum is going to sugar coat the truth for you. No one on this forum will support your attempts to seek membership into another group. Once again, put your big girl panties on and either seek membership in a group not affiliated with the NPC or try to mend bridges with your own group.
Old 09-24-2016, 05:17 PM
Super Moderator

A few women may have been deceitful and joined another sorority after being initiated into a different one, but 99.9% of the time they are eventually found out and drummed out of both orgs.