GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Phi Omega
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,427
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, FlorCundif
» Online Users: 2,528
2 members and 2,526 guests
babradanry3265, TLLK

Old 07-03-2011, 01:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to cjburris93 Send a message via Yahoo to cjburris93 Send a message via Skype™ to cjburris93
Thanks naraht- I'll keep that in mind!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 11-10-2011, 06:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Newly petitioned, new charter

Name: Ashley
Chapter/School: University of Illinois Springfield
Pledged: This semester, actually last Sunday
Offices I've Held: Welll I have been appointed the head of the newly formed advertising committee
Why I Joined APO: by chance I became friends with one of our co-presidents (we have two due to the chartering paperwork). She was looking over my shoulder at my email (looking for something for class) and saw APO. She got super excited and if I had told her no in that moment I think she would have died from rejection. But, needless to say, I came and now I am in a postition to get things done to enhance our numbers.
Anything Else: I am pretty ambitious, which is why I became the head of the advertising committee. I have made it a goal to ensure that everyone on my campus can answer what APO is when asked, or know someone who does know. I hate sitting at a table at a bake sale (which for anyone doing a bake sale, make sure people donate items otherwise you have no money for the cause you are trying to raise money for at the end of the bake sale) and people come up asking "what are you selling this for?" "We are Alpha Phi Omega, a co-ed service fraternity.... etc" "whats Alpha phi Omega?".... While i realize this is a common question, on my campus it is sad because we are the only Greek organization on campus, and its just a reminder of how much work there is to be done for people to know who we are and what we do. I am hoping once we charter, its been about four years of trying to charter, we will gain support and members.

Last edited by amccl2; 11-16-2011 at 04:52 PM.
Old 11-11-2011, 07:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amccl2 View Post
Name: Ashley
Chapter/School: University of Springfield
Pledged: This semester, actually last Sunday
Offices I've Held: Welll I have been appointed the head of the newly formed advertising committee
Why I Joined APO: by chance I became friends with one of our co-presidents (we have two due to the chartering paperwork). She was looking over my shoulder at my email (looking for something for class) and saw APO. She got super excited and if I had told her no in that moment I think she would have died from rejection. But, needless to say, I came and now I am in a postition to get things done to enhance our numbers.
Anything Else: I am pretty ambitious, which is why I became the head of the advertising committee. I have made it a goal to ensure that everyone on my campus can answer what APO is when asked, or know someone who does know. I hate sitting at a table at a bake sale (which for anyone doing a bake sale, make sure people donate items otherwise you have no money for the cause you are trying to raise money for at the end of the bake sale) and people come up asking "what are you selling this for?" "We are Alpha Phi Omega, a co-ed service fraternity.... etc" "whats Alpha phi Omega?".... While i realize this is a common question, on my campus it is sad because we are the only Greek organization on campus, and its just a reminder of how much work there is to be done for people to know who we are and what we do. I am hoping once we charter, its been about four years of trying to charter, we will gain support and members.
Welcome!!!
Old 11-29-2011, 04:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Name: Joe
Chapter/School: Epsilon Psi - Kent State University
Pledged: Spring 2010
Offices I've Held: Sergeant-at-Arms
Why I Joined APO: I always was interested in service, and was in Interact in high school. I went to an info meeting for APO after seeing some chalkings my first semester in college, and then promptly forgot about it. The next semester, I decided that I needed to get involved on campus, and made the best decision of my life by joining.
Anything Else: I probably put more time into APO than I do my academics, which suffer. But it's a hard habit to break. I went to the National Conference in Atlanta, and Region V's conference in Lexington, and have made it my mission in the chapter to get people to conferences regularly because I love them so much.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:09 AM

Send a message via AIM to pirate00 Send a message via Yahoo to pirate00
Keep the roll call going bros!
Old 11-29-2011, 12:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Old Roll Call

Looking back, I realized that I made my entry in this Roll Call thread more than six years ago. I've now added National History and Archives Committee and National International Relations Committee to the list.
Old 12-03-2011, 06:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Name: Elizabeth
Chapter/School: Phi Theta, Arkansas Tech University
Pledged: Spring 10'
Offices I've Held: Historian, Secretary, and I'm currently Vice-President of Service
Why I Joined APO: They sent fliers to everyone's mailbox. I went to some of the recruitment activities, and I really enjoyed being around the members. They made service sound like fun
Anything Else: Nope! That's about it
Old 12-03-2011, 07:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by miladyrose08 View Post
Name: Elizabeth
Chapter/School: Phi Theta, Arkansas Tech University
Pledged: Spring 10'
Offices I've Held: Historian, Secretary, and I'm currently Vice-President of Service
Why I Joined APO: They sent fliers to everyone's mailbox. I went to some of the recruitment activities, and I really enjoyed being around the members. They made service sound like fun
Anything Else: Nope! That's about it

Welcome Elizabeth!
Old 12-03-2011, 07:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks!
Old 12-05-2011, 12:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Roll Call

Name: Cortez
Chapter/School: Iota Alpha, The University of Tennessee
Pledged: Fall 10
Offices I've Held: Fall 11 Pledge Committee Chair and recently elected Executive Vice President for 2012
Why I Joined APO: I was looking for an organization to join that did a lot of community service and one of my friends who had just pledged told me about APO and I joined the next semester.
Anything Else: Will be attending Region IV regionals this month! Oh and my chapter will be celebrating being rechartered for 12 years on the 6th!
Old 12-12-2011, 08:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PADFSUGirl2K2 Send a message via Yahoo to PADFSUGirl2K2 Send a message via Skype™ to PADFSUGirl2K2
*waving at Cortez* Welcome to GC. In case you don't know who this is: check Twitter. I'm @1ZetaBlu_
Old 12-13-2011, 05:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Welcome Cortez!
Old 04-23-2012, 07:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Name: Michael
Chapter/School: Nu Theta - Rowan University
Pledged: Spring 2010
Offices I've Held: VP of Fellowship, currently Bureau Rep for IFC/IGC.
Why I Joined APO: Any other organization is just a frat, WE are a FRATERNITY!
Anything Else: Nothing really.
Old 04-24-2012, 05:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Welcome!

Welcome to GC!
Old 05-04-2012, 11:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Name: maybe later...
Chapter/School: Delta Kappa (Emory)
Pledged: Spring 2003
Offices I've Held: Parliamentarian, Pledge Training Assistant (best semester ever!!), Service VP
Why I Joined APO: I did community service throughout high school and wanted to continue in college.
Anything Else: I work in medicine which doesn't leave a lot of time for anything else, but I'm hoping to become more involved with APO again.