GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,446
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, ageldarkz5086
» Online Users: 1,786
3 members and 1,783 guests
AlwaysSAI, Low D Flat, Xidelt

Old 09-14-2018, 03:01 PM
GreekChat Member

thetalady, my bad, thanks for the correction. I did think "Nick Saban" was chosen since she had been a member several years ago and they are considered a top house. As I wrote, I could be wrong about which house this is. It's been great fun trying to figure out each house, including my own since I learned that there are at least two houses with their crest embedded in the floor!

And thanks ladybug12 with the info about Terry Saban being a Phi Mu! Had no idea, only knew about his daughter.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-14-2018, 04:04 PM
GreekChat Member

I am also confused as to the houses identity because of the remark that the "Nick Saban" house was painted a tacky color.

The Phi Mu house is painted white (over brick). There is only one other structure on Bama's campus allowed to be painted white. The President's House is the other one.
Old 09-14-2018, 04:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug12 View Post
I am also confused as to the houses identity because of the remark that the "Nick Saban" house was painted a tacky color.

The Phi Mu house is painted white (over brick). There is only one other structure on Bama's campus allowed to be painted white. The President's House is the other one.
I guess from DD4's perspective, it is "tacky" because it is painted white. But she is not discriminating against just white. She apparently thinks red and yellow are also "tacky" colors. She is a hoot!
Old 09-14-2018, 04:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Okay, I’m a forever lurker but this post has moved me to emerge from the shadows! Thanks for the entertainment!

I thought Tuscaloosa was Phi Mu because she didn’t like the colors (some people just don’t like pink) and also said the hand sign was too difficult.

I had Nick Saban as Kappa, Homecoming is pretty obviously Chi O, and Houndstooth as Theta.
Old 09-14-2018, 05:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Crimson Tide:
DD4 put on her cross, walked into Crimson Tide, and had those conversations. Did she like them? No. Did she give them a chance? Yes and that’s what matters. DD4 said that she still felt intense southern vibes of Christianity but she turned the other cheek and kept her head up throughout the entire party.

Houndstooth:
DD4 didn’t like them at all but she treated them like she loved them. She pretended to have a great time at the party, she pretended to enjoy her conversations, and after a while, she stopped pretending because she was having a genuinely good time. DD4 admitted that life wouldn’t be too bad as a sister of Houndstooth, their house still had a weird shape and one of their symbols was still gross, but she had a nice time with all the girls.

Pref:

Grandma and I were on a roll. The morning of pref we went to McDonalds, the gym, and then Mcdonalds once again. DD4 got ready in record time.

In the words of DD4, “why am I here? It’s like I made a huge mistake and I’m not meant to be here but I am.” and then she refused to tell me the houses that she’d been invited back to. She wouldn’t even tell me which house she’d meant her words about.

DD4 did exactly what we’d all warned her not to do. She only ranked one house and signed her MRABA. Grandma and I shook, Grandma and I shivered. No one slept all night. We’d bought Greek presents for her. We’d assumed which sorority she’d run home to. We didn’t know, we were completely in the dark. We’d assumed that she’d get back the 2 houses

Bid day:
I got up, I tried to put on a dress. It wouldn’t zip. I took out a nice sundress that I’ve had since 2000 when I was pregnant with the girls. It zipped. We went to the stadium. Bid Day began. We walked house to house. Wandered through yards filled with screaming girls and crying mothers.

We found DD4. Happy. Content. Smiling. With a group of friends. “Is that DD4?” I asked Grandma as we passed the house “I think so! We could be wrong, she looks too happy to be DD4.” Grandma responded. DD4 looked at us and waved. We dashed over. DD4 had made it to...
Old 09-14-2018, 06:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh my goodness I'm on pins and needles, I have to know where she went!!
Old 09-14-2018, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriDDDeltgirl View Post

We found DD4. Happy. Content. Smiling. With a group of friends. “Is that DD4?” I asked Grandma as we passed the house “I think so! We could be wrong, she looks too happy to be DD4.” Grandma responded. DD4 looked at us and waved. We dashed over. DD4 had made it to...
I'm dying here, TriDDDeltgirl! WHERE???

PS: Seriously, write the book AND the screenplay at the same time already! I'll be there at your book release party and opening night.
Old 09-14-2018, 06:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

Where???!!!!! C'mon Mom tell us where she accepted a bid!!!
Old 09-14-2018, 06:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Big Al

“In the end, they reminded me of that happy elephant that’s always smiling. Not because they’re big, but because they’re welcoming and always happy to see you. I like them, I like them a lot. I guess I’m a Delta Gamma now. I’m happy, Mom, and I don’t act like it sometimes, but I love you and I appreciate you, I do a lot.”

Grandma and I stayed until she shooed us away, grandma had been on her Tuscaloosa Tasties kick and she almost didn’t see the huge anchor in their yard until she almost went face first over it.

I left Tuscaloosa happy, but not as happy as my daughter, I don’t think anyone could ever be that happy.
Old 09-14-2018, 06:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Welcome to my new sister!
Old 09-14-2018, 06:36 PM
Super Moderator

Not Houndstooth or Crimson Tide?
Old 09-14-2018, 06:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnation View Post
Not Houndstooth or Crimson Tide?
No, neither invited her back. They are above pref because they’re a continuation of the previous post.
Old 09-14-2018, 06:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Did she not match and accepted a snap bid to Big Al? I am so confused...

But I am very happy that DDD4 found her home, no matter how crazy her journey was (and how it almost killed her mother and grandma).
Old 09-14-2018, 06:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug12 View Post
Did she not match and accepted a snap bid to Big Al? I am so confused...

But I am very happy that DDD4 found her home, no matter how crazy her journey was (and how it almost killed her mother and grandma).
No, houndstooth and crimson tide are a continuation of the post detailing the round before. The houses that she went to were DG and ??? (She refused to tell).
Old 09-14-2018, 06:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh, sorry my last post was an assumption. I thought that Houndsto0th and Crimson Tide were her pref invites.