GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Locals

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,159
1 members and 1,158 guests
LaneSig

Old 06-14-2001, 02:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool Belmont Abbey College

Hey y'all! My sister graduated from BAC in 1998. She was a member of Zeta Delta Phi. I was just wondering if anyone knew how the chapter was doing. I am now a Zeta Tau Alpha at the College of Charleston, and my sister taught me some of y'all's cheers!

------------------
"Seek the noblest."
Zeta Love! <3
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-14-2001, 10:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to tcsparky
Hey Dianne!! I worked in the Belmont Abbey theatre as a community theatre volunteer from '95-'99. It's possible I know your sister. I remember seeing several girls in the theatre with ZDPhi shirts. The last I heard they were doing fine.
Old 06-15-2001, 10:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Smile

Thanks TC! My sister was Stephanie Turgeon, but everyone called her "Turg." It's good to hear the Zetas are doing well.

------------------
"Seek the noblest."
Zeta Love! <3
Old 07-24-2001, 09:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to tcsparky
Cool

Sorry Dianne, I don't think I know your sister. The name isn't familiar to me. It took me a while to get used to the Abbey's Greek system. I had never heard of local orgs until I got there, so I had to have it "explained" to me. The kids there are really great. My years there are full of wonderful memories. ZTA had a chapter there until the mid-late seventies. Any idea why national orgs left, and there are only locals now? And do you know if the ZTA chapter became one of the locals?
Old 07-25-2001, 01:04 PM
GreekChat Member

TC, I did know that there had been a chapter of ZTA there, but I didn't know when they had lost their charter. I also have no idea as to why. That's waaaay before my time. I don't know if the un-chartered chapter became a local there, but my older sister and I always said how funny it would be if the old ZTA's became the ZDPhi's. I also know a girl who is currently an Alpha Sigma Pi there, but I don't know if they were ever a national. They had Pi Kappa Phi until a few years ago. Something about burning down a building during a party (a la Revenge of the Nerds). Now the local fraternity Gamma Delta Chi is a colony of Delta Tau Delta. I am anxious to see if that will start a trend to bring more nationals on campus.