GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Sigma Phi

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,747
2 members and 1,745 guests
Cookiez17, Sen's Revenge

Old 11-09-2001, 09:26 AM

Question How do you feel . . .

about the acts that your frat committed at Auburn University?

For those that may not know take a peek at this . . .
http://www.tolerance.org/news/article_hate.jsp?id=319
Old 11-11-2001, 10:28 PM

Angry

I feel very upset about the whole incident because it really does not reflect what our fraternity stands for and what founded upon. We were founded on the basis of diversity. During a time when it was unacceptable for jewish and christian men to be a part of an integrated fraternity. While I condemn the acts that happend at Kappa Chapter I would be quick to point out that many of our chapters have people of different ethnic/races etc. The whole incident really angers me and I really just want to apologize about what has happend.
Old 11-20-2001, 01:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to deltasig193
it could have happened....

It could have happened to anybody. Abolutely any party any where in the nation could have had a costume that was "racially offensive" or "sexist", but it just so happens that the Auburn chapter was "caught." In this day and age, every greek has to watch what they do, for fear of getting shut down, no matter how powerful the alumni are on that campus. Delta Sigma Phi is a fraternity accepting all races, Christian or Jewish, and meeting black members who are not appalled at the incident, but rather upset that it had to happen within their organization says something to me. In this nation there are 10% of people who care about politically incorrect madness and there are 90% of people who don't. At any institution, whether it be a college, university, or even a business, the minority will always have the right away.

I do not agree with the actions of our Auburn chapter, but I do not condemn them, they are brothers who got caught in an action that could have happened to absolutely any organization, anywhere in this country.

YITBOS
Evanc.