GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 969
1 members and 968 guests
No Members online

Old 10-03-2006, 12:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to KDAngel Send a message via AIM to KDAngel
Heroes

Anyone else watching? I thought it was going to be like the 4400, but it's still different enough that I'm totally into it.
Alpha Rho Chapter at the University of Maryland, PR Adviser: www.umdkappadelta.org
*COUNTRY FIRST* Conservative. Republican. Proud.
Old 10-03-2006, 12:57 PM
GreekChat Member

I was hooked from day one
My first thought was DC/Marvel meets X-Files.
Old 10-03-2006, 01:11 PM
GreekChat Member

I was forced to watch this last night and I liked it! I'm not usually into sci-fi but this is good. We'll see if it holds my attention!
Old 10-03-2006, 08:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Sistermadly
Love it, love it, LOVE IT! It's the best new show of the season.
Old 10-03-2006, 08:20 PM
Unregistered-

Question, did they introduce the cop in Episode 1? Or was last night the first time we saw him?

And another question -- can someone explain the Vegas chick's powers? I know she has that alter ego in the mirror...but I just don't get it.
Old 10-03-2006, 08:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTW View Post
Question, did they introduce the cop in Episode 1? Or was last night the first time we saw him?

And another question -- can someone explain the Vegas chick's powers? I know she has that alter ego in the mirror...but I just don't get it.
Evidently she has the mirror alter ego that makes things happen for her in the real world. I'm not sure if they're things she imagines and then they happen or if the alter ego has a mind of her own...... the car thing was creeptastic though...eek.

ETA: I can't remember about the cop.
Old 10-03-2006, 09:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to _Opi_
Quote:

Last episode was his debut. I wish they stayed on him for a bit more.

As for the mirror thing, it was really creepy. I didn't want to look at the mirror after that. But apparently, it is her alter ego. Although, I have a sneaky suspicion that it's this character "Silas" using her.
Old 10-03-2006, 09:38 PM
Unregistered-

I also have a sneaking suspicion that Mohinder's female neighbor (the one who called his dad 'Papa') is one of "the bad people" just like Claire's adopted dad.

And fun fact: Greg Grunberg, who plays the LA cop with the sixth sense -- he played the pilot of the ill-fated Oceanic Airways Flight 815 on LOST.

I thought this might be of interest to you LOST addicts as well, courtesy of my friend Ryan (the LOST podcast dude) who's also becoming obsessed with Heroes:

Quote:
I swear, I've got "LOST" on the brain. There are lots of shows that are derivative of "LOST," of course, but whether or not it was intentional, there were several echoes of ABC's sci-fi series in NBC's effort here.

Characters from different backgrounds and regions brought together unexpectedly but demonstrating several crossover points in their history. Distinct character types: analytical Middle Eastarn man (Sayid/Mohinder), tough but sexy lady likely on the run for murder (Kate/Niki), self-doubting cheerleader blonde with parent issues (Shannon/Claire), Asian male with subtitles (Jin/Hiro), conflicted artist with a drug problem (Charlie/Isaac), and it goes on and on... a kid, a reluctant hero, a tough, kick-butt brunette... mysterious powers, conspiracies, and there's even a comic book that'll likely prove central to the story.

Of course, one thing that seems apparent in "Heroes" that we don't have in "LOST" is the willingness to get the basic mysteries out there quickly. If "Heroes" were really following the "LOST" model, it'd be Season 2 before the comic book showed up, Season 3 before the armageddon painting, and Season 4 before the different "heroes" formed a distinct group and worked together. Instead, looks like they're going to skip a lot of wandering around and get to the basic arc quickly.

At least until the show takes off and they need to suddenly fill four seasons.

Understanding we saw the pilot, and not a typical episode, I can't pick on some things... like continuity problems (it seems they filmed two different Mohinder's dad's apartment scenes but used both), extensive exposition, and stilted dialogue. This stuff gets ironed out in any show as it hits its stride.

So, as a "pitch," I liked it. I liked the reveal about Claire's family, about the two brothers, and I liked Hiro's character (although the argument about sameness and being Japanese was pretty contrived). Some I don't care for yet, but it's hard to judge in one episode. The armageddon painting was okay, but it seemed very "Dead Zone" to me... so I hope it's not the arc of the whole series, perhaps just the first season (if even that).
I wonder how Hiro and the rest of the "Heroes" (tee hee) will get together to prevent November 9th from happening?
Old 10-04-2006, 12:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

Cop-As far I recall, this is the first time for him.
Vegas-a major split personality? Something to do with electrical power...stay tuned....maybe something like what ever and who ever the killer is.....related????
Old 10-04-2006, 10:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Sistermadly
Quote:
Ep. 2 was his debut.

Quote:
Ali Larter recently said in an interview that you'll find out more about Nikki's powers in episodes 4, 5, and 6. My thought is that she's kind of like the Incredible Hulk. She gets angry and this other personality takes over.
Old 10-05-2006, 01:56 PM
GreekChat Member

I watched this show the other night with a friend of mine because there was nothing else on and we just didn't get it. Totally weird.
Old 10-05-2006, 02:17 PM
GreekChat Member

I love this show.....

Yea this was the first appearance of the cop....

Sylar.....an interesting character that I would like to me (if we haven't met him already)

The edit button has become my new best friend
Old 10-10-2006, 02:06 AM

The cheerleader really needs to quit getting herself killed! That end was so very freaky.
Old 10-10-2006, 02:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to KDAngel Send a message via AIM to KDAngel
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalGirl View Post
The cheerleader really needs to quit getting herself killed! That end was so very freaky.
That was the best ending. Like they so went there. I was thinking her dad or someone saved her and then we see she's in the middle of an autopsy. I can't wait to see how they handle this story line. LOVE IT! What a creepo guy she liked though.
Alpha Rho Chapter at the University of Maryland, PR Adviser: www.umdkappadelta.org
*COUNTRY FIRST* Conservative. Republican. Proud.
Old 10-10-2006, 03:09 AM

I kept expecting for her to have super human strength (ala Buffy) and shove him off of her. But then I was also expecting him to reveal to her some crazy super power of his own. :shrug: