GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 1,550
2 members and 1,548 guests
Xidelt

Old 07-27-2006, 10:22 PM
GreekChat Member

WTF does "roll tide" mean?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-27-2006, 10:24 PM
GreekChat Member

^Smite for not knowing, yankee. However...

^Exalt for deriding the University of Alabama
Old 07-27-2006, 10:42 PM
GreekChat Member

LOL. I mean, I know they yell that all the time and isn't there some shit dressed up like a big elephant or something? But what does "roll tide" actually MEAN? Crimson tide sounds like what some stupid fat woman would call her period after she got tired of saying "Aunt Flo." NOT TONIGHT HONEY, THE CRIMSON TIDE HAS ROLLED IN. WTF. How is that appealing?

If you ask me, it's as stupid as that jacked ass dancing tree from Stanford and Kevin Pittsnogle hanging out together at a Yankees game.
Old 07-27-2006, 10:45 PM

I can't wait for the Montana-Iowa game.
Old 07-27-2006, 11:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by valkyrie
LOL. I mean, I know they yell that all the time and isn't there some shit dressed up like a big elephant or something? But what does "roll tide" actually MEAN? Crimson tide sounds like what some stupid fat woman would call her period after she got tired of saying "Aunt Flo." NOT TONIGHT HONEY, THE CRIMSON TIDE HAS ROLLED IN. WTF. How is that appealing?

If you ask me, it's as stupid as that jacked ass dancing tree from Stanford and Kevin Pittsnogle hanging out together at a Yankees game.
Dumb ass Yankee.

Crimson Tide was coined after the Iron Bowl in like 1910 or something. It was a rainy day and a sportswriter coined the term to describe the offensive line that had dark red clay and dirt all over their uniforms.
Old 07-27-2006, 11:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by macallan25
Dumb ass Yankee.

Crimson Tide was coined after the Iron Bowl in like 1910 or something. It was a rainy day and a sportswriter coined the term to describe the offensive line that had dark red clay and dirt all over their uniforms.
Were they on E?
Old 07-27-2006, 11:28 PM
GreekChat Member

There is no E in the south. We only have cocaine for the rich fraternity guys, meth for the white trash, crack for the inner city types, and pot for the Kavu, lets go kayaking crowd. This is a rave free zone
Old 07-27-2006, 11:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktsnake
Good luck with that.
Good luck with what? OU is going to be slightly better than they were last year barring Peterson stays healthy. One bad turn or tackle on that shredded ankle of his and its going to be major trouble. Noboby knows what Rhett Bomar is going to do either. He was virtually untested last year and pretty much only won the games that OU should have, minus TCU.....which was a joke....and please don't say Oregon was a huge upset because they obviously cared nothing about the Holiday Bowl and pretty much sucked. I couldn't really tell anything good about him in the Texas game because he was flat on his back for most of it.

OU's defense will be good, for sure. Rufus Alexander and Latimer are good for sure at the Linebacker spots and DJ Wolfe is a solid DBack. They are also returning 5 other lettermen. We however, return our full offensive line minus one and 8 other starters on offense. Quan Cosby, Pittman, and Limas Sweed will certainly be one the best wide receivers in college football....which goes along nicely with our 1-2 running back punch of Jamaal Charles and Selvin Young....who have been rated preseason as the best backfield in the country. Our experience line will give Colt McCoy plenty of time to throw. Yes, he lacks experience, but he has a strong arm and got to learn for a year under the most prolific QB in college football history.

Nevermind the fact that our defense returns 7 which includes the full defensive line. Tim Crowder is a lock to be a top 3 draft pick, Henry Melton is replacing Rodrique Wright on the d-line....and allthough he was a consensis all-american....we all saw what Melton did to opposing defenses when he had the ball last year. The guy is a freak of nature. He will go along nicely with Brian Robison and Frank Okam. Michael Griffin is a preseason Nagurski candidate at safety. Two returnig starters at LB, allthough it will be tough to top the level that Cedric Griffin and Michael Huff set last year as the best backfield defenders in the country. Aaron Ross and Terell Brown are both badass CB's. We also have Sergio Kindle, the number 1 LB recruit in the country.

Defensively - Ive got to say we are both about even. Texas has the better line, OU has more experienced LB's.

Offensively - I just don't think OU has the personell besides Peterson....and youre offensive line is absolutely horrible. You lost everyone, face it. One returning wideout who didn't get the ball at all last year. With a good line, things will come easy to Colt McCoy, he has a cannon for an arm and is damn fast, rushed for over 1000 his senior year HS. Yes, Vince Young was a God....is Texas going to run a triple option this year....no.....which is promising becasue many areas of our game have become better even since last season.

I should also point out that we signed 11 Rivals Top 100 recruits. The rest of the Big XII signed 4 combined. To put that into perspective...the SEC signed 20 Top 100 recruits collectively.

Brian Robison meets Rhett Bomar
Old 07-28-2006, 12:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by macallan25
Brian Robison meets Rhett Bomar
Love it!
Old 07-28-2006, 12:35 AM
GreekChat Member

question of the year in the SEC West

will brent schaffer be elligible for ole miss?
Old 07-28-2006, 12:39 AM
GreekChat Member

That is not the question of the year. The question is whether Auburn or LSU will win the west.
Old 07-28-2006, 12:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinerbock
That is not the question of the year. The question is whether Auburn or LSU will win the west.
ok let me rephrase my question - Question of the year for ole miss fans - will brent shaffer be able to play this year?
Old 07-28-2006, 01:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Who you calling "boy"? The name's Hand Banana . . .
Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I like Iowa, but when I think of tough places to play, I can't say Iowa comes to mind.

You've never been to Kinnick, so this makes sense.

It's been consistently listed in the top 10 toughest places to play by multiple sports writers, including Ivan Maisel, the Gameday guys and Mel Kiper.

It's a very old-style stadium - holds 75k, all are right on top of the field, old brick and loud (and drunk) as fuck. It's quite comparable to the Horseshoe, and probably only behind the Big House in the Big 10 - it's a great stadium, you southern cats would dig it.

Last edited by KSig RC; 07-28-2006 at 01:09 AM.
Old 07-28-2006, 01:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSig RC
You've never been to Kinnick, so this makes sense.

It's been consistently listed in the top 10 toughest places to play by multiple sports writers, including Ivan Maisel, the Gameday guys and Mel Kiper.

It's a very old-style stadium - holds 75k, all are right on top of the field, old brick and loud (and drunk) as fuck. It's quite comparable to the Horseshoe, and probably only behind the Big House in the Big 10 - it's a great stadium, you southern cats would dig it.
I agree with Shiner....sorry I just don't see it up there with Austin, LSU, the Swamp, Alabama, etc. etc..........

.......And please don't use "the gameday guys" as someone we should pay attention to. Those morons (besides Lee Corso) were the ones who proclaimed USC to be the best team EVER in college football last year. They also started that mindless crap about USC winning three straight championships. Kirk Herbstreet can suck my balls. Hell, it wouldn't surprise me if they ranked USC #1-8 on the upcoming preseason polls.
Old 07-28-2006, 03:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to amycat412
Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I like Iowa, but when I think of tough places to play, I can't say Iowa comes to mind.
'

I like Iowa too, but they have had a tendency to choke in painful ways (painful for my Iowa alum pal valkyrie!)