GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,379
0 members and 1,379 guests
No Members online

Old 10-14-2004, 03:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by valkyrie
I think it's possible that there could be other survivors. The back end of the plane broke off before the crash, so they could be somewhere.

I saw a screencap of the Spanish comic book the kid was looking at, and it showed a picture of a large, angry looking polar bear. This makes me wonder what's up with the kid -- whether he has "powers" or something, or if things are connected to him somehow. Also, his dad said he'd find the dog as soon as it stopped raining, and it stopped immediately. I wonder if there's something to that.

Oooh-excellent angle! I love it! Now I'll be watching every scene sooo close for more of weirdness related to the kid.

So how about Locke not being paralyzed anymore? DH and I looked at eachother after he got up and said "oh sure, he's been in a wheelchair for how long, and his muscles haven't atrophied?" Nevertheless, I wanted to kick the little office worker guys butt for antagonizing him. I mean, really. That guy should be canned and sued for talking that way to him.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-14-2004, 04:27 PM
GreekChat Member

That guy was a prick. I'd have stuffed a sharpened pencil up his nose years ago for being like that. What a turd.
That whole guy in the black suit w/white tennis shoes was creepy. I wonder what that was all about.
I can't stand that whiny Shannon chick. She's so annoying.
What is the bassist from DRIVESHAFT going to do once he uses all his drugs?

I love this show.
Old 10-14-2004, 04:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to polarpi
I was completely stunned when they showed Locke as the one in the wheelchair....when I saw the other passengers using the wheelchair to bring wood over to the fuselage, I thought it had been one of the passenger's who died in the crash. Yeah, and Locke's boss....not cool.

The guy in the suit with the white tennis shoes (how odd is that???) reminds me a little of the Sprint PCS guy (okay, from a WAY far off distance, but that's who I immediately thought of) and I cannot figure out how he's going to fit in to the storyline.

The drugs are going to run out really soon....did anyone else think he had been about to take some right before Shannon came up to him to ask him to help fish?? (Maybe it's just me )

I can't decide if the monster or Locke killed the boar....Locke seemed pretty bloody all over for him to have killed it, but I've never killed a boar, so what do I know?
Old 10-14-2004, 08:14 PM
GreekChat Member

LMAO! It did strangely resemble the Sprint guy.

Can You Hear Me Now?
Old 10-15-2004, 07:25 PM
GreekChat Member

So we decided to give Lost a chance this week since our other favorite shows weren't on because of the debates. IT was great!! Unfortunately we missed the first couple but really liked this one and plan to record the others or record our other shows. The creepy guy in the suit....very weird.
Old 10-15-2004, 08:04 PM
GreekChat Member

co-worker's theory.. spoiler?

My co-worker has a theory that seems to fit... I'll leave some space in case you don't want to read it:

She thinks that they are all dead (explaining why the guy in the wheelchair can walk now) and are in a type of "purgatory" until it is determined which way they will go and that the man in the suit is the devil's representative.

I haven't seen it yet myself, but will make sure I see it next week because I've heard so much about it.

Dee
Old 10-15-2004, 08:20 PM
cutiepatootie

and then the ones who really survived are the ones who were in the back fo the plane that broke off......

I still find eery the looped SOS msg
Old 10-20-2004, 10:13 PM
GreekChat Member

45 minutes before it starts...
Old 10-21-2004, 07:38 AM
GreekChat Member

i don't get it....
i suspect i am just going to have to watch harder...
Old 10-21-2004, 10:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Purgatory? Hmmm...interesting theory. We don't want it to get too weird b/c then it will be like the final seasons of X-Files.
This show is just too good. That was weird how the guy was his dad & then the coffin was empty.
Old 10-21-2004, 05:53 PM
Banned

Great news all-Zap 2 it reported yesterday that both Lost and Desperate Housewives has been picked up for a full season!

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,271|91328|1|,00.html

'Housewives,' 'Lost' Earn Full Seasons
(Wednesday, October 20 01:25 PM)
LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) In one of its easiest calls in several years, ABC has given full-season orders to its two first-year hits, "Desperate Housewives" and "Lost."
Given the out-of-the-box success of both shows, it's almost a little surprising the network waited this long to make the announcement. "Desperate Housewives" is the most-watched new series of the season -- and third overall -- while "Lost" is No. 3 among first-year shows (CBS' "CSI: NY" is second).

"'Desperate Housewives' and 'Lost' each bring something unique to the table, and we're thrilled that audiences responded from day one," says Stephen McPherson, president of ABC Entertainment. "Creatively, these two shows only continue to get better."

The two shows have also provided a boost for McPherson, who helped develop them as head of Touchstone TV and put them on the air when he moved to the network in the spring. They've helped reverse the slide the network has been in for the past few seasons, during which several top executives have been shown the door.
The darkly comic soap "Desperate Housewives," which stars Teri Hatcher, Marcia Cross, Felicity Huffman and Eva Longoria, has drawn more than 20.8 million viewers per week through its first three episodes. It's the most-watched show on Sunday night, and just as important, draws a stellar 9.0 rating in the ad-friendly demographic of adults 18-49.

"Lost," meanwhile, has emerged as the dominant program in its 8 p.m. Wednesday spot. The drama about plane-crash survivors from J.J. Abrams ("Alias") and Damon Lindelof ("Crossing Jordan") averages about 17.6 million viewers a week and has improved the network's 18-49 ratings for the hour by 40 percent over the comparable period last season.

Fueled by the two new shows, along with "Monday Night Football" and "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition," ABC is one of only two broadcast networks, along with CBS, to improve its ratings over last year in the early part of the season. ABC's total-viewer numbers and adults 18-49 ratings are both up about 5 percent.

The two ABC shows join NBC's "Joey" and The WB's "Jack & Bobby" in earning full-season orders.

The "Desperate Housewives" pickup also creates a dilemma -- albeit one ABC executives are probably happy to have: what to do with "Alias" when it returns in January.

The network said at its May upfront presentation that "Alias" would return to its old 9 p.m. Sunday spot at midseason. But while the show has an intensely loyal fan base, its ratings have never approached those that "Housewives" is now drawing in the time period. The network may have to do some schedule juggling to find it a home.
Old 10-21-2004, 06:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to polarpi
Quote:
Originally posted by dzfan
The "Desperate Housewives" pickup also creates a dilemma -- albeit one ABC executives are probably happy to have: what to do with "Alias" when it returns in January.

The network said at its May upfront presentation that "Alias" would return to its old 9 p.m. Sunday spot at midseason. But while the show has an intensely loyal fan base, its ratings have never approached those that "Housewives" is now drawing in the time period. The network may have to do some schedule juggling to find it a home.
Great news about picking up Lost for the full season (I haven't gotten into DH at all, so kinda upset they're thinking of juggling Alias!)

I have my own dilemma, though....need to tape a show that I've started watching that's going to be competing with Lost now on Wednesdays (I'll be taping the other show, since it's easier to follow the storylines on that show and not feel like I'm sitting on the edge of my seat)
Old 10-23-2004, 11:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to _Opi_
Quote:
The network said at its May upfront presentation that "Alias" would return to its old 9 p.m. Sunday spot at midseason. But while the show has an intensely loyal fan base, its ratings have never approached those that "Housewives" is now drawing in the time period. The network may have to do some schedule juggling to find it a home .
NOOO!!!!
Old 10-23-2004, 01:33 PM
GreekChat Member

They should just put Alias on Wednesdays after Lost and move The Bachelor to Monday nights.
Old 10-23-2004, 04:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to IheartAphi
I have a friend who thinks that the island is magical and that they get what they want. Like they need water, they find it.

I think the animals were part of a wild life reserve that got out of hand and killed the people.