GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Kappa Alpha

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,376
2 members and 1,374 guests
3DGator, LaneSig

Old 02-20-2001, 01:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Post Tricky D moves to Harlem

Ok, I just wanted to get a consensus from folks, was anyone else slightly offended by Bill Clinton moving to Harlem?

Now most of you will probably say no, and it is good for the empowerment zone, and he is at home with black folks and all. I agree to a certain extent with all of that (Even though I cringe each time someone says he is the first Black President, News Flash: Bill Clinton is White) but I started thinking about why he moved there.

Now the black community is one of the most forgiving, and we will stick by you when everyone else has left, but it seems to me that BC seeks us out when he is in trouble. Now everyone and they moma was on his behind about renting that $800,000 office space in Manhattan, and many promenent Democrats where bailing on him with regard to his pardoning of Rich. So when his white friends leave him, where does he go?

It's kinda like hollering at the big girl at the club at 3 am after you have had about 7 drinks, and all the good looking sistas have left You get what I am saying.

Yet when Maynard was trying to become head of the DNC, Bill Clinton appointed his boy. This over the objection of many people within the Democratic party. Even whites who thought that Maynard would be a better choice.

I have prospered under Bill Clinton. Make no mistake about it. He was a very good president, and I wish him and his family well. But sometimes I think that we are on his D*&^ more than Monica ever was. It's like we defend him regardless of whether he is right or wrong, and like it or not he has been wrong. Republicans hate him(for what I will never know), but Bill has an excuse for everything, and we all know what excuses build.

I believe that his move to Harlem was patronizing and I am offended by it. Now I might be alone on this, but isn't it about time that we start holding people whom we support to some standards? Now Bill is no more shady than Republicans. All of them do the same thing as far as I am concerned, but your claim to fame should not be, "well they do it too." At some point we must hold our leaders to a higher standard.

I am done venting, I will shut up and let the hate mail kome rolling in.

Peace and Luv

MN
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-20-2001, 01:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Discogoddess
MN, I can't comment on your thread just yet...I just can't get past:

Quote:
It's kinda like hollering at the big girl at the club at 3 am after you have had about 7 drinks, and all the good looking sistas have left
Dang, why all the big girls gotta be, by definition, not pretty????? Mmmm, mmmm, MMMMPH!!!!!!

With that out of my system, I will say that black folks get treated like doormats (excuse me, the PC term is we're "forgiving") because we ALLOW it, just like sistas/brothas who ALLOW mistreatment in their personal relationships, then run to their girls/boys, cryin' yet again about "how he/she done me wrong."
Old 02-20-2001, 01:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Discogoddess,

Let me clarrify, I ment to say "not necessarily as cute as other women". Not necessarily big girls. Cuase I know some lovely/big girls. Hey Big girls need love too!!!!

But I digress

MN
Old 02-20-2001, 01:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb

You know, MN, when I first heard he found an office in Harlem I thought to myself "well, why didn't he choose Harlem to begin with?" if he really wanted to be there. IMO, he only chose that area because he figured hiding behind black people would shield him from criticism. I guess he was thinking that no one would dare oppose him moving to Harlem. I thought I was the only one...
Old 02-20-2001, 02:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to The Original Ape
Cool

Quote:
Originally posted by ManndingoNUPE:
Ok, I just wanted to get a consensus from folks, was anyone else slightly offended by Bill Clinton moving to Harlem?

Now most of you will probably say no, and it is good for the empowerment zone, and he is at home with black folks and all. I agree to a certain extent with all of that (Even though I cringe each time someone says he is the first Black President, News Flash: Bill Clinton is White) but I started thinking about why he moved there.

Now the black community is one of the most forgiving, and we will stick by you when everyone else has left, but it seems to me that BC seeks us out when he is in trouble. Now everyone and they moma was on his behind about renting that $800,000 office space in Manhattan, and many promenent Democrats where bailing on him with regard to his pardoning of Rich. So when his white friends leave him, where does he go?

It's kinda like hollering at the big girl at the club at 3 am after you have had about 7 drinks, and all the good looking sistas have left You get what I am saying.

Yet when Maynard was trying to become head of the DNC, Bill Clinton appointed his boy. This over the objection of many people within the Democratic party. Even whites who thought that Maynard would be a better choice.

I have prospered under Bill Clinton. Make no mistake about it. He was a very good president, and I wish him and his family well. But sometimes I think that we are on his D*&^ more than Monica ever was. It's like we defend him regardless of whether he is right or wrong, and like it or not he has been wrong. Republicans hate him(for what I will never know), but Bill has an excuse for everything, and we all know what excuses build.

I believe that his move to Harlem was patronizing and I am offended by it. Now I might be alone on this, but isn't it about time that we start holding people whom we support to some standards? Now Bill is no more shady than Republicans. All of them do the same thing as far as I am concerned, but your claim to fame should not be, "well they do it too." At some point we must hold our leaders to a higher standard.

I am done venting, I will shut up and let the hate mail kome rolling in.

Peace and Luv

MN
I agree with you on the part about us being the most forgiving; and that he runs to us when he's in trouble; and the part that we jock that mutha**** too much. As far as him being like the Republicans, I don't know. I think he did more for EVERYBODY. As for moving to the hood, it helps the hood. When they that live there have a problem, they can test him more readily now; and we can see just how far he's willing to go to help us.

I don't trust none of 'em. But I know I have to accept them; so I look for the lesser of all evils.

Old 02-20-2001, 05:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Serenity
Red face

Okay....So why was I thinking Tricky D was a rapper!?! I tell you....
Old 02-20-2001, 06:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

I agree with MN. He wants to hide behind us when he is in trouble. Plus, living in Harlem gives him easy access to the lovely, chocolate sisters that I hear he has a certain admiration for.

------------------
Sweet dreams are made of this...