GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,457
Threads: 115,512
Welcome to our newest member, ER_Pike
» Online Users: 2,744
2 members and 2,742 guests
Xidelt

Old 10-11-2002, 06:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Have you ever felt like this?

Have you even felt like no matter how hard you try it's just not doing any good? Like you could study your butt off for a test be you still don't get the grade you want. Or you are so nice to everyone be you still get treat like crap? Doesn't that just p%@# you off? I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem before or is it just me?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-11-2002, 06:42 PM
GreekChat Member

i know what you're feeling....occasionaly i feel the same way. its usually whenever i start to get depressed. just take a day to yourself, dont worry about shit and just have fun, that always helps me.
Old 10-11-2002, 09:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Unhappy Re: Have you ever felt like this?

Quote:
Originally posted by UDZETA
Have you even felt like no matter how hard you try it's just not doing any good? Like you could study your butt off for a test be you still don't get the grade you want. Or you are so nice to everyone be you still get treat like crap? Doesn't that just p%@# you off? I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem before or is it just me?
Yeah, I think everyone has days like this. What I do is either lay down in a bubble bath of scented oils with some soft music and a good book, or go see a movie by myself - preferably a comedy. Both of those usually cheer me up.

Hope you feel better!
Old 10-11-2002, 09:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to James Send a message via AIM to James
I usually only feel that way when I am seriously over tired, burned out (read my quote) or catching a bug.

Otherwise I reorient my thinking and start considering how to change the nature of the problem or my apporach to it.

Never focus on the problem always focus on the solution . . . And get advice till you find the right answer lol.

Usuaully people study ineffectively and deal with people in useless ways.
Old 10-12-2002, 02:25 AM
GreekChat Member

I hate it when I try so hard but still can't pass a TEST (for example). I did the essay part of a test (which was optional) but still missed 19 out of 50 on the multiple choice. I did awesome on the essay, but because of the mc questions got a C+ on my exam. Then I took my notes into the professor and he said I had everything down and they were well organized. JEEZ! I just want to get a B or better to boost my damn GPA! WORK WITH ME HERE!

I hate that!

Hootie
Old 10-12-2002, 08:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Look over your shoulder, I could be right behind ya!
I can relate. I used to be a major bitch. But I've changed, in a BIIIG way, and in a lot of ways. But, once you have a reputation, you cannot get anyone to think of you in a different way, which sucks. I know that people don't think I'm sincere when I'm nice now. I guess it's the price I'm paying for who I used to be, but when is that debt ever going to be paid?? This is why I am so hyped to be moving soon, to a new town, city, state! I crave a fresh start!
Old 10-12-2002, 04:37 PM
GreekChat Member

I get that feeling with chemistry...it seems that for the first test of each year in chem I don't study for it very hard and go in thinking I know the stuff. I usually get above the class average, but keep thinking that "hey if I study harder the next time I'll do better since I didnt' study very hard for the first one" but then I seem to do just the same...it's very annoying

I also have like 2 week periods about once every 3-4 months where it seems like I can do nothing right. I'll rock for those three months and then go through the bonehead period and ruin stuff even though it seems I'm doing everything the same...those are even more annoying.