GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Phi
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,255
1 members and 2,254 guests
Sciencewoman

Old 09-02-2002, 08:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool Hooray!

I am sooo sorry it has taken me long to get back to your question tracy.....I will be initiatating with tthe ladies over at Cal State univ at San Bernadino(Eta Beta Chpt) in November. I received my badge in the mail last week and i keep taking it out of the envelope it came in and can't stop looking at it. I am sooooo HAPPPPPPPPPPPY!

Laura

That's awesome, Laura! Bet you can't wait to put it on, huh?
I so want to be there for your initiation, so hopefully I'll be able to make it. It's almost here; 2 more months!

bearal

[B][COLOR=orangered]
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-08-2002, 12:03 PM
cutiepatootie

latest update

Ok Bearel( allyl) i have lost yoru email and iw as thinking i owe you one! so please email me again. Another thing you better show up to my initiation hehehehe

Second of all i received my members certificate and little gray card yesterday inthe mail....can we all say YIPPPPPPPPEEEEEE! hehehe

Now i have my badge, my certificate, and my card now the only thing i need is my WHITE DRESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! URRRGGGGHHHH i cannot find on anywhere. i tried valkyrie's idea of Boston proper, i even tried the GAP for the white sheath dress. I am either going to find it somewhere or going to make a sheath dress( with help from my mom of course...because i cannot sew to save my life). if all else fails i can always wear this thick stretchy cotton white sleeveless sundress i have from lane bryant. Urg! heheheh

I have two more questions for you all...... Since i have a members number now.... can i sign onto the private side or do i have to wait til after initiation? and 2. can i buy letters and wear them or do i again have to wait til after initiation?????

So many questions and only 2 more months to go! WOOO HOOO

Laura
Old 09-08-2002, 01:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Laura, you can email headquarters to ask about logging onto the private part of the website. They'll let you know if you can do it (I would think you can but I'm not certain) and how.

As far as wearing letters -- if I'm remembering correctly, I think I read in "The Ivy Leaf" that Alpha Phi considers it hazing to not allow new members to wear letters. So I would assume that you can wear letters, because really I think you are basically a "new member" just not in the "traditional" sense of the word. Anyone please correct me if I'm wrong!
Old 09-08-2002, 01:32 PM
GreekChat Member

OK Cutiepatootie...

You can wear letters NOW... Just do it girl!

Look for a skirt and top in white...Try Penny's or the equivalent of Macy's - Eddie Bauer also. Catalogs such as Land's End and Chadwick's may have someting too...You can always make something like you said! I tried to look on the web and when I entered white dresses I got so many sites for Mormon special white underwear!!! LOL!

Congrats...

And having the badge is one of the highlights...I too didn't stop looking at it or wearing it when it came. It was similar to when I got my engagement ring...

Best wishes!

Maharet

Last edited by Maharet; 09-08-2002 at 01:36 PM.
Old 09-08-2002, 07:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Here is a cute white dress, but it's on clearance so I'm not sure if they have many in stock and what sizes they have:

http://jcrew.com/catalog/product.jht...catId=cat43830

I was thinking about ordering one myself.
Old 09-08-2002, 10:30 PM
GreekChat Member

valkyrie...

Hi - This is a very pretty dress, but it runs very small through the chest and length through the waist. I have tried it on at a JCrew store (most of their clothes are smaller - junior cut and while I am quite fit, I am not a junior!!!...)...Granted I am tall, but the chest is very fitted...

Good luck anyways!

Maharet
Old 09-09-2002, 06:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Maharet, thanks for the info!! I certainly don't need anything that runs small through the chest. I always have that problem with dresses -- they're too small on top and too big on the bottom. Oh well, I'll just have to keep shopping -- never a problem!
Old 10-19-2002, 07:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Hi Ladies,

I have been a GC silent lurker for a very long but wanted to let you know that in December,I too will become an alumna initiate.
I am so tremdously excited about this.The KC area alum chapter is a fabulous group of women.An hour after meeting them I felt like I had known them for years.How crazy is that?Hopefully if all goes well,I will get a whole bunch of sisters for Christmas.
Old 10-19-2002, 08:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations! I hope you choose to stick around and chat with us throughout the process and afterward as well.
Old 10-19-2002, 09:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to tcsparky
Congratulations!! I'm so thrilled for you.
Old 10-19-2002, 11:27 PM
cutiepatootie

Congrats Midwesterngirl!!!!!! :):):):)

There can never be enough of us Alumnae Initates on here or Within Alpha Phi! I am getting very excited as my Initiation is set for Nov 9th at Cal State San Bernardino.

So you and I are defiantely getting sisters for Christmas!!!!!!

Tell us all about how you became aware of the process and Alpha Phi..... this is the best part i think

An added note.... To one and all i FINALLY found a white dress! i was getting pretty worried here, and still am since it was end of summer clearence.... i found it at Ross and it is a stretchy white sleeveless dress and i fear the cold weather approaching. Yes, So cal can get cold too.

If it gets to cold to wear it can someone answer this....does a light cream color dress pass for acceptable initation dress???????

Either way... Midwesterngirl I cannot wait to call you and all the others my sisters!!!!

bye for now

Laura
Old 10-21-2002, 01:30 AM

Thumbs up

Congratulations to all the Alpha Phi alumnae initiates and soon to be initates!
Old 10-31-2002, 02:42 AM
GreekChat Member

It's almost time for Laura's initiation! (cutiepatootie) I am so excited for her, as I know she has been waiting for this day for a long time now! Woo hoo!!
Old 10-31-2002, 05:20 AM
cutiepatootie

Yes ma'am ...next weekend!!!:D

Quote:
Originally posted by SATX*APhi
It's almost time for Laura's initiation! (cutiepatootie) I am so excited for her, as I know she has been waiting for this day for a long time now! Woo hoo!!
Yes ma'am the time has finally arrived! Next Saturday ( Nov 9th) will be the day i have been waiting for for such a loooooooong time!
I am sooo excited i cannot even explain it! I was talking with my "Big Sis" last night on the phone and were both soooo excited( i think i am more excited then she is , but that is debateable! haha ) She will tell you she is more excited then me , but i don't think so!
I want to thank everyone on here from Sax to Valkyrie to Bearal ( we email more then anything) to the other laura ( Lauradav) for all your love and support! i know i get a little crazed from time to time ,but i have been waiting and wanting this moment for such a long time and all your support has helped me get through the waiting! so THANK YOU VERY MUCH! .
I better get this off to you all since it is 2 am in the morning and all my energy went into writing a brief due tomorrow for Tort class( which by the way i sense an "A"...... woo hoo).
Again thank you all for your love and support and i'll be on here as usual( i'm not going anywhere) and i will definately have an update come next Saturday after initation!

Love,
Laura
( PS..... i did finally get a pair of letters on a sweatshirt... and it is in Disney Material) true So. Calif. disney diehard!