GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Phi > Phi Mu
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,429
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Zae_TheCreator
» Online Users: 2,220
2 members and 2,218 guests
Cookiez17, PGD-GRAD

Old 11-14-2010, 10:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Early Alumni Status Question

So, I've tried to look through the national website, but the search doesn't seem to be working for me.

I transferred to another university in fall 2009, and I've tried make the best of it, but I really don't see myself as a Phi Mu here. I was wondering if there was any way I could get my alumni status early? I'd hate to just drop, especially when I've put so much time into it (pledge class '08). Thank you in advance!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 11-15-2010, 12:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhthatgirl View Post
So, I've tried to look through the national website, but the search doesn't seem to be working for me.

I transferred to another university in fall 2009, and I've tried make the best of it, but I really don't see myself as a Phi Mu here. I was wondering if there was any way I could get my alumni status early? I'd hate to just drop, especially when I've put so much time into it (pledge class '08). Thank you in advance!
Obviously not a Phi Mu here, but I'd think that membership information may not be readily available online. You might want to contact your HQ directly to discuss your membership status.

When I was a collegian, we often received requests for early alumna status when the member informed us of a transfer or withdrawal from school. It was usually taken care of before the school year ended.
Old 11-15-2010, 01:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Peeing on you and telling you it's rain apparently...
Did you already "green form" or affiliate with the chapter at the new school? If you have not, then you are an alumna upon release or "blue forming" from your initiating chapter. If you have already affiliated then your best bet is to simply have a frank discussion with your executive committee about it and see what the result of that coversation is.