GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,130
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zmaisongoogleto
» Online Users: 1,253
1 members and 1,252 guests
No Members online

Old 06-23-2010, 06:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaemonSeid View Post
Yes...I was wondering when you would get here!!!

"Everything geek goes here!"
Yay!
o.k. yesterday I went to Cedar Point, and I'm probably one of, if not the only person there who not only loves rollercoasters and the other rides, but I love the physics about them that make people scream. I know, it's weird that I think about these things everytime I go to Cedar Point. Well, I think that the Raptor is like the fun physics king rollercoaster when it comes to coasters. I love that ride because it's a really good example that shows when objects move in circles of any size and at any speed, they create a new force that pushes outward, away from the center of rotation. It's fun and makes people scream because their bodies feel the centrifugal force when it makes a sharp turn. The Raptor kinda reminds me of what happens to an asteroid when it gets too close to Jupiter.

This is the best thread, ever.
Trump For Prison 2024-2084 MAGA!
Old 06-23-2010, 07:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_gwyn View Post
whyfor?
Something about Star Wars, idk. Oh well, faux-geek.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Where did the sunspots go?
Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”
Old 06-24-2010, 12:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Interesting article, Daemon. I dunno, what's happening with the sunspots. I mean, no one really knows that much about them. There could be a lot of reasons why they're missing. When I read the article it mentioned that the Sun could be shrinking. If they're trying to link the missing sunspots to that, I don't know if I can totally agree. I mean, the Sun is shrinking with or without sunspots. Every star is eventually going to shrink and eventually collapse in on itself. I just don't see much concern about the sunspots, right now. I mean, it's just that the Sun is at an estimated age of about 5 billion years old, and to be quite honest, it has about another 5 billion years of relatively stable energy output. In order for the Sun to start shrinking, that would mean a major change in the hydrogen/helium connection going on inside. We have to look at the fact that the Sun owes its stability to the controlled fusion of hydrogen into helium, just like any other star. The gravity that wants to collapse the Sun is held in balance by the outward gas pressure that the fusion sustains. Also, most of the Sun's atoms are hydrogen, but the ones that really matter are inside the Sun's core. When the core uses all of its hydrogen, all that will be left there is a ball of helium atoms that need an even higher temperature than does hydrogen to fuse into heavier elements. Once this shuts off, the Sun will go out of balance, gravity will win and the inner regions of the Sun will shrink and collapse. I don't believe this really has anything to do with the sunspots. Though, it could, I just don't see how. I do think it's important to keep an eye on the Sun which is both our best friend and our possible worst enemy. If the Sun is shrinking and it just might be, more likely than not, I think we need to be concerned about how that will change our orbit. I say this because orbits in our solar system are influenced by the Sun's loss of about 4 million tons of matter every second from the thermonuclear fusion in its core. It also loses mass from the continuously ejected stream of charged particles. If you ever hear/read astronomers talking about "solar wind", it's these charged particles that they're talking about. I'm just trying to give examples of what's causing the Sun's constant change. It's just that there could be all sorts of reasons for the loss of the sunspots. I mean, I've always thought our Sun looked so much more attractive without the solar acne, anyway.

Last edited by cheerfulgreek; 06-24-2010 at 12:59 AM.
Old 06-24-2010, 01:36 AM
GreekChat Member

I've heard that the sunspots are predicted to come back in full force in, yep, 2012.

Electro magnetic pulses. Fear them.
Old 06-24-2010, 01:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiKA2001 View Post
I've heard that the sunspots are predicted to come back in full force in, yep, 2012.

Electro magnetic pulses. Fear them.
I remember reading about the Sun's rotation, and that the solar flares (the wild side) that seems to be always facing away from us are going to be facing us in...well....2012.
Old 06-24-2010, 08:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
There could be a lot of reasons why they're missing.
Terrorist immigrants from Arizona that terk our jerbs

and from everything that you are saying by the time the sun is ready to go nova...we will long since be gone anyways.
Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”
Old 06-24-2010, 02:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by agzg View Post
Something about Star Wars, idk. Oh well, faux-geek.
I was going to buy these tomorrow but the Spokane Williams Sonoma is out. I know my fella would love them.

Old 06-24-2010, 02:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VandalSquirrel View Post
I was going to buy these tomorrow but the Spokane Williams Sonoma is out. I know my fella would love them.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHH!! I WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-24-2010, 05:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Terrorist immigrants from Arizona that terk our jerbs

and from everything that you are saying by the time the sun is ready to go nova...we will long since be gone anyways.
lol lol

Yep. Our galaxy will collide with the Andromeda galaxy before our Sun begins to die.

Oh, and I thought about you and this thread, today. I was at Best Buy with one of my friends (classmate) and she wanted to get some kind of attachment so her iPod would play in her car. She was talking to the Geek Squad guy, and she was like "wow, your prices are really high." I walked away because I started laughing. I was laughing because I kept thinking about when you said that the Geek Squad overcharged you for something with your computer. I can't remember exactly what it was, but it was hilarious reading some of the things you were saying about the Geek Squad.. And then when you said you had Circuit City fix your computer, but when you went to pick it up, there was something broken, and they said it was like that when you brought it to them. lol lol I forget the whole story, but when you told me that, I couldn't stop laughing because you told the guy off or something like that. lol
Old 06-24-2010, 05:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi U MC Vito View Post
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHH!! I WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sunday morning friend, we can have brunch. I was thinking we could tint them with food, like chocolate pancake for Darth and maybe gooseberries for Yoda, and whip cream with blackberries for the storm trooper.

My fella also wants to get a Tauntaun sleeping bag for my nephew.

Eff that Snuggie in the Ayy!

Here are customers photos, HI-LAR-I-OUS

http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/plush/bb2e/action/
Old 06-24-2010, 06:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Sunday morning friend, we can have brunch. I was thinking we could tint them with food, like chocolate pancake for Darth and maybe gooseberries for Yoda, and whip cream with blackberries for the storm trooper.

Here are customers photos, HI-LAR-I-OUS

http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/plush/bb2e/action/
And I thought smelled bad on the outside!
Old 06-24-2010, 06:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi U MC Vito View Post
Some other really good ones are

Rurouni Kenshin
everything Gundum, though Wing was my favorite followed by 8th MS Team
Yu Yu Hakusho
Noir
Big O

Sure I can think of more later.

So imjust saying wow i havent heard or thought about R. Kenshin or YuYu H. in forever but i loved both of those and Bleach and Inyuyasha are also favs but i hated Big O idk why i just couldn't get into it or barely tolerate it.

This geek thread is pretty tight. So anyone watch Attack of the Show?
I love the show (and Kevin ) but the other night when the iOS4 reveiw came out they also had a rundown on E3 and were majorly hating on Microsoft's new 360mini and they were bashing horribly on the new Kinnect progam (used to be Natal...sounded better as "Natal" tho).

Idk bout ya'll, but i'm syked for Kinnect. What about yall?
Old 06-24-2010, 06:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

THIS IS THE PERFECT THING!!!!

I have a gift certificate for Think Geek...I may finally use it....

The edit button has become my new best friend
Old 06-24-2010, 07:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I bet you aren't reading Chew.
I hadn't heard of Chew, but looked it up since you mentioned it - that looks freakin' awesome! I am going to have to buy the first volume now. Thank you for contributing to my comics addiction ...