GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,427
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, FlorCundif
» Online Users: 2,514
0 members and 2,514 guests
No Members online

Old 07-14-2010, 10:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Think about it. You and I both have phones made by HTC. But, D uses a motorola android phone. I would imagine it would take us a while to learn how to use hers and her a while to learn how to use ours. Live-in's mom has the MyTouch 3Gs or whatever and she'd never be able to figure out mine, yours, or Live-in's phone.

You get used to what you're using and you love YOUR PHONE, but there's too much variation with the Android OS for people to "band together" like you're suggesting they did with the iPhone. I also think that MOST iPhone users aren't "apple fanboys" but true "apple fanboys" use the iPhone almost exclusively.

FWIW, Live-in's phone is HTC too and I can't figure that isht out, of course - he's made it so that if he sent it in to HTC it'd be almost unrecognizable to them (in terms of OS).

I think it's going to end up becoming a "well at least I don't use a Windows Mobile Phone." type of thing. Poor Bill.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-14-2010, 10:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by agzg View Post
Think about it. You and I both have phones made by HTC. But, D uses a motorola android phone. I would imagine it would take us a while to learn how to use hers and her a while to learn how to use ours. Live-in's mom has the MyTouch 3Gs or whatever and she'd never be able to figure out mine, yours, or Live-in's phone.

You get used to what you're using and you love YOUR PHONE, but there's too much variation with the Android OS for people to "band together" like you're suggesting they did with the iPhone. I also think that MOST iPhone users aren't "apple fanboys" but true "apple fanboys" use the iPhone almost exclusively.

FWIW, Live-in's phone is HTC too and I can't figure that isht out, of course - he's made it so that if he sent it in to HTC it'd be almost unrecognizable to them (in terms of OS).

I think it's going to end up becoming a "well at least I don't use a Windows Mobile Phone." type of thing. Poor Bill.
I don't know if I can 100% agree with that. s/o has the Droid and much of what she can do with hers, I can do with mine and the variations to me are small. There are a few layout issues that are different but they still feel interchangable to me.

But.... **shudder** that just my opinion....hehehehe
Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”
Old 07-14-2010, 10:51 AM
GreekChat Member

You can buy a PC that does far more than what a Mac can. But the Apple fanboys are still their own special world
Old 07-14-2010, 10:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaemonSeid View Post
I don't know if I can 100% agree with that. s/o has the Droid and much of what she can do with hers, I can do with mine and the variations to me are small. There are a few layout issues that are different but they still feel interchangable to me.

But.... **shudder** that just my opinion....hehehehe
Hmm perhaps it's just in my house because Android is "OMG OPEN SOURCE!!!!!1!!!!!!!!" so it gets played with extensively.

Although I was a fan of his Super Mario Brothers live wallpaper - until it ate his battery.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Hmm perhaps it's just in my house because Android is "OMG OPEN SOURCE!!!!!1!!!!!!!!" so it gets played with extensively.

Although I was a fan of his Super Mario Brothers live wallpaper - until it ate his battery.
Ooohh!!! Super mario Wallpaper!!!???!! Sounds fun!!!
Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”
Old 07-14-2010, 11:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaemonSeid View Post
Ooohh!!! Super mario Wallpaper!!!???!! Sounds fun!!!
Yes, it was fun. However, he had to charge like 3x per day. He ended up switching to something else, but I can't remember what it was he changed to.

I don't use the live wallpaper because the Evo does NOT need something else sucking up its battery life.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:17 PM
GreekChat Member

I'll be able to join the Android OS discussion tomorrow once I get my vibrant.

I'm excited!
Old 07-14-2010, 01:58 PM
GreekChat Member

My co-worker has a different Android phone than mine but they are really quite similar and operate the same way. Hers doesn't have the hardware keyboard but she has all the same apps/software features that I have. She has taught me much about my phone!
Old 07-14-2010, 02:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animate View Post
I'll be able to join the Android OS discussion tomorrow once I get my vibrator.

I'm excited!
....really?

hehehehehehe

Anyways...Too much facebook will make you white.

Last edited by DaemonSeid; 07-14-2010 at 02:47 PM.
Old 07-15-2010, 12:24 PM
GreekChat Member

1st look at the Green Lantern
Old 07-15-2010, 12:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Heeeeeeyyyyyy

I do like my HD2, but it being a Windows Mobile Phone does kinda suck. Apparently this phone is for real big techies since they can customize everything (my friend did that to his phone), but i'm not a techie. I should of stuck to the MyTouch. lol

Would you like a Cleveland Steamer or Alabama Hot Pocket with your Blumpkin?
Old 07-15-2010, 04:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by epchick View Post
Heeeeeeyyyyyy

I do like my HD2, but it being a Windows Mobile Phone does kinda suck. Apparently this phone is for real big techies since they can customize everything (my friend did that to his phone), but i'm not a techie. I should of stuck to the MyTouch. lol
You should talk to one of your friends and have him make it awesome!
Old 07-16-2010, 10:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Posted from my Samsung Vibrant lol
Old 07-16-2010, 11:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Animate, how are you liking it?
Old 07-16-2010, 12:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by epchick View Post
Heeeeeeyyyyyy

I was going to go look at the HD2 and live-in said "you don't want that phone. You don't want a Windows Mobile Phone."

He's had 3 or 4 (the first one was ginormous and he had to wear cargo pants all the time, LOLZ), and he liked them OK, but prefers the android.

Although, android phones are completely customizable too...