GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Phi Omega
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,453
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zamesyandext578
» Online Users: 2,075
0 members and 2,075 guests
No Members online

Old 06-08-2004, 09:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Name: Rachel
Chapter/School: Alpha Gamma Alpha, Dickinson College
Pledged: Fall 2003 (Alpha Delta Pledge Class)
Offices I've Held: Well I've been on pretty much every committee thanks to my, "If you need help, just let me know" statement. But no formal office as of yet.
Why I Joined APO: I really wanted to continue doing service in college and I looked at my school's service organizations and APO had the best fit. Plus I really loved the idea of having a formal and brotherhood retreat.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-08-2004, 11:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Wink

Name: Angela
Chapter/School: Zeta Phi, Howard University ("Black Beta")
Pledged: PG, IG, PG, Initiated April 26, 2003
Offices I've Held: VP of Membership
Why I Joined APO: It was a great opportunity to be a part of a wonderful organization rechartering at Howard that is dedicated to uplifting the community. The three principles, LFS, appealed to me.
Anything Else:I miss my bruhs already and I just left, but I'll be back...(you know I couldn't stay away). And also, oh to be an 11!
Old 06-12-2004, 03:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to MsCongeniality3 Send a message via Yahoo to MsCongeniality3
Name: Erika
Chapter/School: Tau Mu, University of South Florida
Pledged: Didn't Pledge, 2nd Petitioning Ceremony Oct 17, 2003
Offices I've Held: Recording & Corresponding Secretary, Treasurer, and now, current President
Why I Joined APO: I was in an interest group of another
organization in Fall 2002 and things didn't workout. I was the president of the interest group you had to go through before being picked to pledge. After leaving that org, I saw a banner for Alpha Phi Omega and wrote the Nat'l office cause I knew there wasn't a chapter. However, after all the drama with the previous org, I was weary of joining a new organization, considering I had my dues paid in full (265) (it covered the crossing jacket and everything) and what I had experienced. Well, in August 2004, I found out that Alpha Phi Omega was still active on campus (known stories of groups trying to form dying out before it gets active). Been active since and I feel like I am home. Chapters stay true to their principles and show true love towards their members, unlike what I had experienced.

Interesting Fact about Chapter: Tau Mu is the current Big Brother Chapter of the Mu Omega Petitioning Group. Tau Mu was the Big Brother chapter of the chartering and rechartering of Psi Omega. Just thought that was cool.

Anything Else: I want to be an active alum, I may have a year left of the collegiate arena and would like to be on Section staff. I am unsure if I am going to stay in Florida. Also, if anyone is up for a road trip to Tampa, lemme know.
Old 07-07-2004, 08:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Name: Keisha Pollard

Chapter/School: Psi Phi, Tennessee State University

Pledged/Probate: November 2001/Spring 2002 16 Conspiracy Theories

Offices: Pledge Trainer, unofficial Fellowship Chair, President. I have held every office in this chapter unoffically. I'm a dedicated member.

Why I joined: This was my opportunity to be apart of an organization that did not have a stereotype on the campus and stood for something positive. I also give my time and energy to those who need it and why not do it with your peers.

Anything else: I have enjoyed being an active member of APO since my inception. The friends, well we are family at Psi Phi, that I have met is unbelievable. These are people that I wil truly miss while I'm away exploring my life and I hope the legacy continues.

One Love "The 16" and especially "The Elite 8" the truest line to come through Psi Phi.
Old 07-11-2004, 11:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Dyphykult Send a message via Yahoo to Dyphykult
Name: Mya
Chapter/School: Theta Mu, Vanderbilt Universty
Pledged: Spring 2002
Offices I've Held: Fellowship Chair, Pledge Trainer and Semi-Sectionals Chair
Why I Joined APO: SERVICE, SERIVICE AND MORE SERVICE
Anything Else: I was associate last semester, but I'm coming back in full force this fall. Shout out to Psi Phi, especially the 15, Dragonfly, and Black & Mild and Petioning Group Omega Lambda!
Old 07-12-2004, 03:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Name: Casanova
Chapter/School:Alpha Delta Eta Univeristy at albany
Alumni Chapter: President of Orlando Men Of Rising Sun Alumni Association
Pledged: Spring 2001
Offices I've Held: Pledge class President, Service Vice President, Media Director, Culture Advisor,
Why I Joined APO: Sevice, Network.
Old 07-16-2004, 10:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Name: Gregory Bradley
Chapter: Kappa Delta--Florida A&M University
Positions Held: Special Events Chair, VP Membership, Consultant
Pledge Class:spr2k1 17 M.S.O.B.G.
Interesting Facts:KD is one of the few all male chapter's left, hosts the largest social event at FAMU the Champagne Sip
Old 07-17-2004, 08:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to X-orcist Send a message via Yahoo to X-orcist
Talking

Name: Kimberlee Stevenson

Chapter/School: Delta Phi/Johnson C. Smith University

Pledged: Spring 2003

Offices Held: Service VP, Historian, and now Sargeant at Arms.

Why I joined APO: I enjoy doing community service. I was a recipient of the Presidential Scholarship award that APO helps sponsor for high school students who excell in community service. I am always willing to help others, it's fun!!!!! Ok, this will be my lastt reason because I could write onn this topic all day, but I enjoy meeting new people-networking is always a plus.
Old 07-20-2004, 06:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to preciousjeni
Name: Jennis
Chapter/School: Mu Mu, Oglethorpe University
Pledged: Fall 1997
Why I Joined APO: I was a VERY uncomfortable college freshman. My roommate and suitemate were gearing up for NPC rush and that freaked me out at the time. At some point, I was approached by an APO brother who told me a little about the organization, so I went to an interest meeting and decided to pledge. I needed the support of friends as well as the opportunity to do something good for others that made me feel good about myself.
Anything Else: I am so pleased to reconnect with this organization through Greek Chat and I've decided to become a more active alum. YAY!

Talented, tested, tenacious, and true...
A woman of diversity through and through.
Old 08-16-2004, 01:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SexySuperstar Send a message via Yahoo to SexySuperstar
Hey Brothers,

I've been looking for a way to try to get in contact w/other brothers so I said I'll try this and see what happens!

Name: Toyia
Chapter/School: Epsilon Mu, University of Maryland, College Park
Pledged: Spring 04
Offices I've Held: None this year
Why I Joined APO: My sister who attends another school told me about APO so I did some research and then by chance the day after they had a rush table up. The rest is history.
Anything Else: Ummm, I'm just looking forward to this next semester!!! Oh yeah, I can't wait until Nationals this year!!!

Sexy Superstar
8-EM-Sp04
University of Maryland, College Park
Old 09-05-2004, 10:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to wickedaubie09
Name: Aubria
Chapter/School: Sigma Rho, Elon University
Pledged: Spring 2001
Offices I've Held: MVP (twice), Pledge educator, historian, webmaster
Why I Joined APO: It seemed like the cool thing to do... just kidding- I always liked doing service and i was living on the service learning floor, but knew if i didnt get more involved outside that group i wouldnt stay involved. So i joined.
Anything else: Im looking to remain active after graduate- im moving to Louisville, KY
Old 09-13-2004, 10:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Name: Jen

Chapter/School: Kappa Upsilon, East Carolina University Gerald was my "extra credit"!!!

Pledged: Spring 2003, Kappa Beta Alpha class!!! whoot whoot!!

Offices I've Held: coming soon...VP of Membership, if your in region 3 section 80 you might be getting emails from me!!!!

Why I Joined APO: One of my really good friends pledged the semester before me. She introduced me to some brothers and that's why I got involved at ECU. I also didn't like sitting around the room not doing anything while people are out there struggling and needing help..so it was "purrrr-fect"!

Anything else: I'm just really excited to be involved with an organization that is about serving others before yourself...it gives me the warm fuzzies...I am also glad that there is a forum like this so we can meet brothers from everywhere and not get to thinking that our chapter is what makes the organization, because it means alot when you know others can appreciate what hard work you're doing!!!

Last edited by APhiOKUGrl; 11-23-2004 at 10:18 PM.
Old 09-19-2004, 06:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Shima-Mizu
Name: Cat
Chapter/School: Zeta Gamma / Valparaiso University
Pledged: Fall 2004
Offices I've Held: Let's worry about getting me initiated first, lol.
Why I Joined APO: My room mate is an APO brother and she convinced me that since I love volunteer work so much that APO would be a good thing... so I rushed.
Anything else: My friend from back home is an APO from a SUNY school.
Old 09-19-2004, 09:31 PM
That1LoudChick

Name: Nikki (there are 2 of us in my pledge class)
Chapter/School: Epsilon Psi/ Kent State University
Pledged: Fall 2004 (Right now!)
Offices I've Held: None, yet.
Why I Joined APO: I knew a handful of the brothers in my chapter (about a third, actually) and it looked like a way to get involved more without killing myself trying to be in a sorority, in a service club, working, and trying to get a 4.0 The more I rushed, the more I loved the brothers.
Anything else: One of the actives of the Epsilon Psi chapter here at Kent is also pledging Kappa Phi! I joke that by the end of the semester she and I will be brother and sister! Also, I just went through the pledge ceremony tonight and almost cried! It was great!
Old 09-19-2004, 11:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by That1LoudChick
Also, I just went through the pledge ceremony tonight and almost cried! It was great! [/B]
I like you already. Good luck!