GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Phi Omega

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,344
3 members and 1,341 guests
LaneSig, PGD-GRAD, Sarak24034

Old 10-07-2014, 09:50 AM
GreekChat Member

chapter of initiation

Hello, brothers. I am now living about 2 minutes from my chapter of initiation. When I was an active member, we had zero contact with alumni. I haven't heard that anything has changed. Would it be totally weird if I contacted the chapter to just say "hello"? I'm not able to be an full-time volunteer right now, but I would love to be in contact in some way. Thoughts?
Order of the Rose recipient
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-07-2014, 10:13 AM
GreekChat Member

It would not be weird to reach out and say hello, so long as you set the boundaries early.
Old 10-07-2014, 08:51 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm assuming there are no active brothers who were there while you were a student...

Boundaries are important... For example, while it would be useful to be introduced at the first meeting by the President (or theoretically Alumni Secretary, which probably doesn't exist given the description you gave) and talk *then*, but otherwise don't talk.

And if your section works the way that the one I was on for a Decade, if you do join staff, you'll almost certainly be assigned to a different chapter. (If this is reasonable, *lot* of difference between the Bos-Wash sections and the Plain States sections)
Old 10-09-2014, 11:21 AM
GreekChat Member

I graduated in 2001. Things could have changed considerably. I haven't been in contact in a long time. I think 2004 was my last email communication.
Order of the Rose recipient
Old 10-09-2014, 04:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by erica812 View Post
I graduated in 2001. Things could have changed considerably. I haven't been in contact in a long time. I think 2004 was my last email communication.
That's cool. Have you contacted a chapter officer yet?

Randy