GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,466
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, Angelow
» Online Users: 2,374
0 members and 2,374 guests
No Members online

Old 04-04-2002, 02:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Cousin Rushing

I just heard that my cousin got into Illinois and is going to be going through rush this fall. She and I are pretty close, and I am so psyched for her. I know she's not considered a legacy because we are only cousins.

I know being Greek is great no matter the letter, and I want her to be in the best place for her, buuuuut....you know, I have that twinge that thinks, 'oh that would be so cool if she and I were in the same house!' It is all exciting; still I would love for her to be one of my sisters!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-04-2002, 03:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LeslieAGD
SigKap, I can understand how you feel. Two of my sorority sisters' sisters will be coming to our university and rushing in the fall. They feel very much the same as you.
Old 04-04-2002, 03:47 PM
GreekChat Member

i totally know how you feel!!! my biological sister is deciding between Iowa (with a DZ chapter, obviously, lol) and Maryland (no DZ chapter and no AGD/mom's an alum) Obviously I want her to come to Iowa and maybe pledge my chapter b/c how cool would that be
Old 04-04-2002, 04:55 PM
GreekChat Member

SigKap-
That's awesome that your cousin is going to rush! We had some in house legacies go through a couple of times. It was so cool to see the XOs' faces on bid day when their real little sister came running towards us on bid day!! I am sure everything will work out!!
Old 04-05-2002, 10:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Arrow an idea

You can probably still write a rec for her even though it wouldn't be a "legacy rec." (I'm not sure how much general recs for non legacies are used in Illinois).
Old 04-20-2002, 02:31 PM
GreekChat Member

So my mom and little sister are in Maryland right now visiting the U of Maryland at College Park - and my sister is in love with the school and she has officially made her decision to go there... I'm kind of sad right now... i really wanted her to come to Iowa with me and I did have visions of her rushing, pledging, being initiated into my chapter of DZ... heck I would have settled for DZ at Maryland except for the fact that they don't have DZ at MD So it's a little bittersweet... i know she'll be happy there and an asset to any chapter at maryland, but i want here here with me, lol!
Old 09-20-2002, 04:42 PM
GreekChat Member

In case anyone was curious...I talked with my cousin who just finished rush last week. She is offically a sister of Gamma Phi Beta! Granted it's not my house, but I couldn't be happier for her. Her rush (recruitment) experience was wonderful and she found a good home for her.