GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Beta > Beta Sigma Phi
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,453
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zamesyandext578
» Online Users: 2,345
1 members and 2,344 guests
zolivilittlez29

Old 04-08-2002, 01:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Need help

Hi!
I'm not quite sure where to begin

I just recently moved across the country and was looking for a way to get involved in the community and my mother suggested I look into Beta Sigma Phi (she was active in a chapter about 30 years ago).

Anyways, I sent an email through the Beta Sigma Phi website last year (I think it was around October or November) to get more general information about the organization because I really don't know that much about it besides what my mother has told me and she hasn't been active in about 30 years since her chapter dissolved. I really wasn't given any information, but was told that I'd have to fill out a questionnaire and that women would call me from the local area and give me more information. I was also told that they didn't know and couldn't tell me if there were any chapters in my area but that I'd just have to wait for someone to call.

So I filled out the questionnaire sent it back and about 3-4 months later a woman called from a chapter, but the message got deleted! I have no idea who called, and I only remember the city where the chapter is. Unfortunately, it sounded like the chapter was about an hour or more away (a little too far for me). I thought maybe she'd call back or someone from another chapter would call but haven't gotten any other calls.

Do you think I should send another email through the website? I don't want the woman that called to think that I was being rude and didn't call her back (even though it's too far). Should I just be waiting for someone to contact me from another chapter? Is there a way to find out if there are other chapters in the area? Does it usually take this long to hear from someone?

Thanks!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-08-2002, 09:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to prospectiverushee
I'd say send another email. Go to the Beta Sigma Phi website and have a look around. The ladies are really awesome. They really work with you in finding a chapter that you will feel comfortable with. Once Membership Director has your information and forwards it to the City Council VP(s), it shouldn't take long for people to get in contact with you

Good luck to you and let us know what happes.
Old 04-12-2002, 12:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Thanks!

Sent another email earlier today and will let you know if anything happens.