GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,066
2 members and 1,064 guests
indygphib, Sarak24034

Old 08-08-2003, 12:23 PM
Super Moderator

PNMs at the Same School

Actually, this is WhiteDaisy's idea, but...

For those of us who love rush threads but are quickly developing a combination of Alzheimer's & dyslexia, would the PNMs who are going to the same school try to pm each other & come up with the same pseudoname for each of the sororities involved?

In other words, at MTSU, all the threads would refer to Alpha Chi Omega as emeralds, Alpha Delta Pi as rubies, Alpha Gamma Delta as opals, etc. (this is just a quick example - you may wish to choose something other than jewels)

Does this make sense to everyone else?
Old 08-08-2003, 12:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to breathesgelatin Send a message via AIM to breathesgelatin Send a message via MSN to breathesgelatin Send a message via Yahoo to breathesgelatin
soooooooooo much freakin' sense!

seriously, it's a great idea.
Old 08-08-2003, 12:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to WhiteDaisy128
Yippy! I had a great idea! haha
Old 08-08-2003, 01:51 PM
GreekChat Member

It's an awesome idea - I hope those ladies will want to do it!
Old 08-08-2003, 02:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Well, smart thinking definitely, but...

What if one PNM wants to reveal houses all the way through and the other wants to keep them secret? Like, what if MTSUgirl wants us to know her experience at XYZ and ABC, but Sparqlii wants to keep the identities hidden?

(I only ask because I'm one of the "addicts" who likes to know upfront which house is which! Sorry! )
Old 08-08-2003, 05:52 PM
GreekChat Member

what if one of the pnms had a terrible time at the diamond sorority, and the other thought the girls were wonderful? i know we have a few girls going to the same schools, but we really should let them do what they want in their rush thread!
Old 08-08-2003, 06:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to WhiteDaisy128
Well the point of it would be to see the different points of views. It's exactly right that one PNM might like one house and another may not...that's what makes it neat! We get different opinions of each of the houses...
Old 08-08-2003, 06:14 PM
GreekChat Member

What if that influences someone one way or another though? Just a thought...
Old 08-08-2003, 06:17 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by xo_kathy
Well, smart thinking definitely, but...

What if one PNM wants to reveal houses all the way through and the other wants to keep them secret? Like, what if MTSUgirl wants us to know her experience at XYZ and ABC, but Sparqlii wants to keep the identities hidden?

(I only ask because I'm one of the "addicts" who likes to know upfront which house is which! Sorry! )
The only problem I can foresee with that is if MTSUgirl and Sparqlii are at the same party, same time and one comments on the Topaz chapter and the other on the Delta Gammas.

If someone wants to name names, that's their perogative. But they should also keep in mind that not everyone does. You know, just like in your Rho Chi group!!
Old 08-10-2003, 02:03 PM
GreekChat Member

I think I would feel safer no one (not even the other PNMs) knowing the specific group I'm talking about. What if I hate a chapter that they absolutely love and vice versa? I would hate to hurt their feelings. And if we were to both join our dream houses, we would always know the other girl disliked our chapter. Think I'll keep mine a secret. Sorry gals!
Old 08-11-2003, 10:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AZpinkkittie
Well, UASoph02 PM'ed me about this, and I think we're going to go ahead and name our houses together. I think it would be less confusing, and I agree that getting 2 points of view would be easier to follow if they were named the same. I don't see my self blatantly hating on any house, but I told Sam, as long as she promises not tell some sister that I didn't like their skit, I'd be cool with it
Old 08-15-2003, 08:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Groups at my school:

AOPi
ADPi
AXO
ZTA
KD
XO
DZ

If you want to know which houses I've named what when I get around to it in my thread, and you're not a member of one of these, I'll be glad to tell you in a PM if you're interested. I live to feed the addiction!