GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,897
2 members and 1,895 guests
naraht, PGD-GRAD

Old 04-22-2017, 11:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Rushing a fraternity as a junior, what are the chances of success?

Hi everyone!
I'm a 19 year old male sophomore who tried to rush this quarter. The brothers liked me, but refused me a bid due to my low GPA. They told me to come back once my GPA improves. I will use this time to get my GPA up and get involved in clubs and sports.

However, is junior year too old to rush? I go to a medium sized university in California, and juniors do rush here occasionally. (I heard that CSUs and UCs are laid back on age). Although I'm not sure if older rushees have started college late, come from a military background, or are transfers. Has anyone here rushed as a junior? I will be 20 when I rush.

I posted this before, but wanted more answers.

TL;DR : Is it too late to rush as a junior? If not, what rush advice do you have?
Old 04-23-2017, 07:58 AM
GreekChat Member

If they told you to come when you've raised your GPA, I would take that as a sign your age doesn't matter. Otherwise they would have just not given you a bid and not said anything. You don't say how much you need to raise it and what it needs to be, so it may be difficult to do.
Old 04-24-2017, 12:05 PM
GreekChat Member

As an advisor at a California university (UCLA), age is not a big factor. Many juniors go thru recruitment (both sides) as most universities accept a large amount of transfers. (1/3 of the sorority new members are upperclass at UCLA.) Get your GPA up and you should have a successful recruitment next time. Good luck!
Old 04-30-2017, 10:30 PM
GreekChat Member

My GPA now is 2.4. 2.5 is the minimum. After this quarter, I should be good to go.