GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,308
2 members and 1,306 guests
Cookiez17

Old 08-16-2006, 08:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ADPi Conniebama
Yea I heard the Phi Mu thing - and from what I know about Phi Mu's at Bama - I am sure they don't "release" for any crazy reason like that . . . I think your daughter will have a great choice of sororities - looking at the Bama statistics page they all seem to be strong chapters.

thanks for keeping us updated
Old 08-16-2006, 08:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Okay, second day...

Broncos-loved this house. Said the girls were sooo nice, would love to get an invite back to this one.

Vikings-liked this one also, would love to learn more

Cardinals-liked it here, not sure if would fit in well though, of course would like to see more

Colts-unsure about this one, didn't dislike, would also like to see again

Raiders-does not think she would fit in here

Bengals-nice, but not one of her favorites

Panthers-again, not sure if she connected there

She said today was a good day, but thought yesterday she had seen more that she thought she would fit in with. Of course, she is still pretty open minded and will accept every invitation that she can. She is understandably nervous about tomorrow morning invites...they find out before 8am. Is feeling insecure, but knows she has done all she can, and hopefully the ones that are right for her will invite her back!
Old 08-16-2006, 10:27 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartBlondeGPhB
I think this is what you were meaning but Namath was a Jet, not a Giant (Green and White uniform).
I'm so embarrassed!
Old 08-17-2006, 11:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Invites were given this morning...my daughter got invited back to 11 out of the 15! Still in the running are:

Falcons
Panthers
Browns
Broncos
Cowboys
Texans
Colts
Patriots
Giants
Raiders
Steelers

She was disappointed that the Packers cut her, as she was very interested in that one. But is overall thrilled. There are a couple that are not her favorites that she will get to see again today, and maybe will feel different about by tonight.

PS. her roommate got invited back to all 15! So had to cut 4. the two are doing well!
Old 08-17-2006, 11:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Fantastic and Good Luck.
Old 08-17-2006, 12:31 PM
GreekChat Member

YAY! YAY!! YAY!!!

That's great!! I'm glad it's going so well for your daughter at 'Bama. I've been thinking of the both of you a lot. Tell her to hang in there -- we're all rooting that she finds her home!!
Old 08-17-2006, 12:52 PM
GreekChat Member

SY,
Obviously your daughter is doing very well!! Tell her to keep up the good work.
Old 08-17-2006, 02:13 PM
GreekChat Member

AHH! I've been out of the country all summer and I'm so mad I've already missed some of the recruitment threads! Southernyankee, it sounds like your daughter is having a great recruitment, and I can't wait to see where she ends up. So exciting!!!

To let my lyre send forth the chords of love, unselfishness and sincerity
Old 08-17-2006, 03:13 PM
GreekChat Member

My daughter had a great morning at Bama rush. She received invitations back to 13 out of 15 houses. I suppose you can't ask for better than that! However, there is a long way to go so I hope her luck and good fortune lasts.
Old 08-17-2006, 03:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaDad
My daughter had a great morning at Bama rush. She received invitations back to 13 out of 15 houses. I suppose you can't ask for better than that! However, there is a long way to go so I hope her luck and good fortune lasts.
BamaDad, why don't you start a separate thread for your daughter's recruitment? I haven't yet been able to read an in-depth thread from a dad's perspective, I think that would be really cool.

To let my lyre send forth the chords of love, unselfishness and sincerity
Old 08-17-2006, 03:44 PM
GreekChat Member

I LOVE that suggestion! My dad was very wary of greek life, so I'd love to hear yours, BamaDad. Congrats to your daughter, and to southerndaughter!
Kappa Alpha Theta "The Fraternity was always second in my mind to coeducation. It was organized to help the girls win out in their fight to stay in college on a man's campus. We had to make a place for women in a man's world, and the Fraternity was one means to that bigger end." -Bettie Locke Hamilton
Old 08-17-2006, 04:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Congrats Bamadad! That is awesome! You are welcome to share this thread if you don't feel like starting a second one.

Hopefully things will continue to go well for both our daughters as I have a feeling tomorrow's cuts will be the most brutal. Everyone keep good thoughts for our girls please!
Old 08-17-2006, 05:12 PM
GreekChat Member

southernyankee, I am honored to share this thread with you. I am a practicing trial attorney accustomed to peforming before a courtroom full of my peers, jurors, citizens and a member of the judiciary. yet I find the stress of rush wek much more difficult!

Ladies, thank you for making a Dad feel welcome. My daughter has worked so hard to win a sorority bid. As a non-legacy Virginian rushing at the University of Alabama, we were a bit worried, largely due to our lack of familiarity with the recruitment process. Yet everything appears to be going well with 13 sororities still willing to look at her after two days of open houses. Are the next cuts drastic, historically speaking?
Old 08-17-2006, 06:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ADPi Conniebama
From what I understand about releases -

1) the sororities with the highest % of returns for the past 3 years will have to release the larger % on everynight - (like 50% the first night then 50% again the second night and so on)

2) likewise the sororities with less of a % return rate will get to keep more pnm's

3) the high% sororities will only be able to invite quota plus like 20 or so on pref night

4) where the low% sororities might be able to invite quota times 2 or times 3 depending on their past return rates

5) so let your daughter know that if she is invited to a sorority house on pref night she is somewhere on their bid list. (which her gamma chi has more then likely already told her - but gamma chi's tell these girls so much it is hard for them to remember everything)

hope that helps
Old 08-17-2006, 10:01 PM
GreekChat Member

When do they receive their invitations back for Skit? I will hear from the hometown girls tomorrow and update you all on what they are going back to. Bama Dad and southeryankee...good luck to both of your daughters! I know that rush week is very stressful, no matter how prepared you may be. I will continue to think about you and your daughters and hope all goes well for them!