GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,129
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zavictoiajnr131
» Online Users: 980
1 members and 979 guests
zavictoiajnr131

Old 09-12-2004, 06:48 PM

Send a message via ICQ to sigtau305 Send a message via Yahoo to sigtau305 Send a message via Skype™ to sigtau305
congrats to everyone at Akron.

LetEmKnow!!RollTau!!
Old 09-22-2004, 11:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Well its been a while since either of us posted anything. As of last week DG had a pledge class of 14 (11 through formal, and 3 through COB). I haven't spoke to anyone since Thursday and I know they've had two events this week so hopefully there are some more new sisters in the house.

Andrea, any updates on ADPi's CORs?
Old 09-24-2004, 11:13 AM
GreekChat Member

No news yet-- waiting to hear!
Old 09-24-2004, 09:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Congrats on a great Recruitment!!!!! I feel awful for Kappa.....they used to be a pretty strong chapter. I know how hard it is to watch a group struggle like that. We used to try and help out the Chi Os at Akron with recruitment and such and they really kind of resented it. I remember them refusing our help with recruitment because they (rahter cynically) said that it wouldn't be fair to potential members to see all these big numbers and beautiful girls around and then find out that they wouldn't really be their immediate sisters!!!!!! I was offended at the time but I guess in a way they were right. We tried so hard to be good sisters to them and arrange mixers and such, and they weren't very responsive. I guess it would be difficult to be at a campus and be struggling so much and have such a strong chapter just a few miles up the road. They finally closed a few years back and it was heartbreaking. I wish Kappa the best, and offer a hearty congrats to ADPi and DG (and AGD, of which my daughter and I are both legacies!!!!)
Old 09-24-2004, 11:18 PM
GreekChat Member

congrats akron
Old 09-24-2004, 11:22 PM
GreekChat Member

To shed a little light on Kappa's situation. I just happened to run into the chapter president on Thursday night and she was so excited to tell me that they had 14 women show up at their COB party that night! She also said that 7 of them will be signing. She seemed very optimistic and also noted that "this is the best I've seen Kappa be!".

So I just wanted to add a little hope and encouragement to the women of Kappa because I was so happy to hear Abby say that!! Go Kappa!!!
Old 09-25-2004, 03:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ADPiShannan
I wonder how long a chapter has to struggle before they have to shut down? Does anyone know if national pulls their charter because of member problems or does the campus decide?
Fraternity Headquarters is the one who decides whether a chapter should close and Kappa does everything in its power to make sure that doesn't happen. Being that Akron is one of our older chatpers, I'm sure the effort to keep it going is twice as strong.

I'm very glad to hear that they're doing well in COB! Hopefully things will continue to get better from here on out.
Perhaps it'll be a hootshinpaloozaree. I don't know.
Old 09-25-2004, 12:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Yay for Kappa! I'm glad to hear that they're having a successful COB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-27-2004, 09:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Just an update on ADPi-- we gave out 6 bids through COR! So we have 18 new Alpha's!! YAY!! We have 5 more until total and I know the girls can do it!!!
Old 09-28-2004, 10:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to KappaKittyCat
Struggling Kappa Chapters

My chapter, Zeta Epsilon at Lawrence University, was down to four people when I was a junior. I was the recruitment chair. We had SO much help and support from our Headquarters, and we aren't even an older or "more well-established" chapter. We're now doing very well-- eighteen actives and a promising COR this fall. We're living proof that it can be done.

So ADPiAkron and/or Hannahgirl, if you have contact with any of the active Kappas at Akron and they want some moral support from a sister who's been there and done that, feel free to PM me and I'll give you my info.