GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,446
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, ageldarkz5086
» Online Users: 2,421
0 members and 2,421 guests
No Members online

Old 09-10-2004, 10:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Ok-- to everyone reading this thread-- tomorrow is Pref and Bid Day-- tonight is Philanthropy Party-- so you will have to wait until tonight for an update!! Sit tight!!

Just for those of you from a big school-- 92 girls signing up is awwwwwesome at Akron (although we do have 19,000 undergrads )! If only all 92 were going through-- but HG is right, it will leave the rest for COB-- at least 92 took the initiative to sign up and pay the fee!!

Sooooo excited for tonight!!!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-10-2004, 12:45 PM

Send a message via ICQ to sigtau305 Send a message via Yahoo to sigtau305 Send a message via Skype™ to sigtau305
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by ADPiAkron
Ok-- to everyone reading this thread-- tomorrow is Pref and Bid Day-- tonight is Philanthropy Party-- so you will have to wait until tonight for an update!! Sit tight!!

Just for those of you from a big school-- 92 girls signing up is awwwwwesome at Akron (although we do have 19,000 undergrads )! If only all 92 were going through-- but HG is right, it will leave the rest for COB-- at least 92 took the initiative to sign up and pay the fee!!

Sooooo excited for tonight!!!
cool. Good Luck.

LetEmKnow!!RollTau!!
Old 09-10-2004, 04:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Off to the parties....be back later to update!
Old 09-11-2004, 01:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Alright.....

Heres my update....I'm sure Andrea(ADPi) will have one later. The parties were fabulous! DG had an 85% return rate!!!! I think 44 women came back for our Philanthropy round. We had many things going on at once during this party. We gave tours of the house, painted dog bowls as our philanthropy project, and had anchor and star cookies for refreshments. We are very pleased with the women that returned and are looking forward to seeing a lot of them come back tomorrow.

As for tomorrow. Quota has been set at 11. Of the 92 that were signed up, 38 or so dropped and I want to say that 54 or 55 are left over. So if anyone drops between now and bid signing, not everyone will have a chance at making quota.

Well its been a long night, I'm going to sleep for a couple hours and then I'll be back at the house at 8am tomorrow. I stayed for a little bit and helped set up for Pref and the house just looks absolutely amazing! I'm hoping for another great return rate and looking forward to welcoming some new sisters into DG and into Greek Life at The University of Akron!!!!

*Hope all went well with ADPi, Andrea!!!!*
Old 09-11-2004, 08:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Everything went great! I am not sure of our exact return rate because I got there late, but I do know 48 girls attended our parties last night. We also gave house tours, and we worked on a project for the Ronald McDonald House. Alumnae and Chapter members donated a large amount of small toiletries to make care bags for the visitors to RMcD House and the bags (donated by McDonalds) were stuffed the bags with red, yellow, and white tissue paper! It was such a cute idea and turned out so well!

Last night was a late night-- so I am still really tired! But my best friend and I helped the chapter out by buying pizza and chips for them and also getting the beautiful nametags ready for tomorrow-- and also were there to give moral support! Also, when I came home I burnt 13 copies of the best song in the whole world to include in the new Alpha gift bag for tonight-- DJ $crilla's Alpha Delta Pi!!!!!!

I am unable to go to Pref Party today because I am starting a new PT job at an art studio today at 10am. I will be working until 5pm and will swing by the house on the way home-- my new job is only 1 block away from the sorority house!!

My sisters are ready today-- and through all of the usual ups and downs of recruitment- I know I will have some of the most wonderful new sisters by the end of today! Good Luck to Andrea and all the rest of the chapters at Akron!!
Old 09-11-2004, 09:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Thanks for the update girls.

Glad to know we will all be getting some great new women. Today seems like it will be a long day, but good.

Congrats in advance to ADPi, DG, and all other chapters on U Akrons campus.
Old 09-11-2004, 01:54 PM

Send a message via ICQ to sigtau305 Send a message via Yahoo to sigtau305 Send a message via Skype™ to sigtau305
Quote:
Originally posted by ADPiShannan

Congrats in advance to ADPi, DG, and all other chapters on U Akrons campus.
Ditto. Great Job, Ladies

LetEmKnow!!RollTau!!
Old 09-11-2004, 06:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Well everyone I am home from my first day of work at my new PT job and I stopped at the ADPi house on my way home!!

We took 11 new wonderful, and gorgeous might I add, Alpha's!! I am so excited!! I do not know any of the invite/acceptance information so I can't share that-- but who cares when you have 11 new sisters!

And in case you were wondering about my Rush Crush-- she is now an ADPi!! Last night she was unable to attend the Philanthropy Parties because she was in the hospital with a horrible kidney infection-- but was able to come today and I was able to be there when she came home to ADPi!! On are more random note, I was saying by to "rush crush" and this girl sitting next to her (another new sister!!) asked me if she looked familiar to me. I said kinda and she then proceeded to tell me I coached her in cheerleading when she was 12!!! Oh boy am I getting old! Damn-- I was doing good recruiting back then!! Gotta start young!

Thanks everyone for tuning in! Congrats to Andrea and Delta Gamma also!! I am sure she will have an update tonight!
Old 09-11-2004, 08:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Ok heres my update!!!!

Congrats to ADPi on their 11 new Alphas!!! We also achieved quota and have 11 new, beautiful Pi Alphas!!! I have been on cloud 9 since I picked up our list today!! I got the be the person to tell our Pres and VP Membership which was sooo cool!

Pref parties were fabulous! We had 27 women attend and our return rate was 80%. I'm soooo proud of my girls!!!

We also got 11 girls out of our top 20 on our bid list which I thought was fabulous also!

To update on the rest.

Alpha Gamma Delta - 11
Alpha Phi - 9
Kappa Kappa Gamma - 2

APhi and Kappa might have snap bidded but only 2 women that filled out cards did not get a bid!

Congrats again to all the chapters!!!
Old 09-11-2004, 08:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Congrats Andrea! I do know we got 11 girls out of our top 16-- the president did tell me that-- but I forgot to ask how many attended our preference party!

Ohhhh poor Kappa! That absolutely breaks my heart-- my understanding was that they even had a consultant and people from other Kappa chapters helping!! Oh please do not let them close!!!
Old 09-11-2004, 09:06 PM
GreekChat Member

go akron...congrats to both of you ladies and your chapters.
a good job was done by all.
Old 09-11-2004, 09:21 PM
Super Moderator

Congratulations on fine reporting, ladies!!

And a big Panhellenic Welcome to all the New Members at your college!!
Old 09-11-2004, 10:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ADPiAkron

Ohhhh poor Kappa! That absolutely breaks my heart-- my understanding was that they even had a consultant and people from other Kappa chapters helping!! Oh please do not let them close!!!
It breaks my heart too. I felt so bad for them!! They've taken hit after hit since I've joined and just can't get out of this funk. I just wish that there was more that we can do for them!! I would hate to lose a chapter and then have another come on campus a year later b/c I'm sure the rest of us could be at house total or over in no time!
Old 09-12-2004, 01:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Good Job everyone. Congrats on all your new members

I also feel terrible for Kappa. I really wish we could keep updated on whats going on with them so we can help any way possible. I know when I was in they had a tough time too. I lived with their president back in 2001-2202 and I know they were having their nationals come in to help then too and still no luck. I thought they might get better, but it seems like the numbers are going down more and more. I feel terrible.

I wonder how long a chapter has to struggle before they have to shut down? Does anyone know if national pulls their charter because of member problems or does the campus decide?

I wish they could do some major revamping or something to make things get better. They are all such great girls and I know Id help anyway I could.

I think if something were to happen and they left, we probably would see if we could get all the other 4 chapters numbers up, then a new chapter would come to Akron. I know one chapter who expressed interst in coming back so how knows. I just wish Kappa all the best in getting some great women into their awesome organization.
Old 09-12-2004, 02:28 PM
GreekChat Member

As it was with ChiO on our campus back in 1997-- the National Organization shuts them down (same with all NPC orgs I believe). ChiO was down to 18 members, with total being 75 at the time, when they were shut down.

I hope it would help the other 4 chapters-- but who knows-- it obviously didn't help when ChiO shut down.

I know Theta Phi Alpha would jump at the chance to get back on campus-- they have the most awwwwwwwesome Alumnae group!! Really great women!