GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Zeta > Zeta Phi Beta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy

Old 04-06-2004, 05:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Question I got the hook up?

Say you applied for an internship and you find out that the person in charge is a Soror/Frat. Would you assume that you got the internship because they are fam? And if you didn't get it would you be particularly upset?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-06-2004, 06:35 PM
GreekChat Member

That's a good question Soror. Of course, It's wonderful to find out that people you come in contact with are fam, but hopefully your work and merits are what got you through the door for an interview. Not everyone puts their org on their resumes, so more than likely, you getting an interview is based solely on your merits. Finding out that they are fam is just the icing on the cake.

Of course that would be great to know that your org is what got you the position you want.

However, sometimes you have to look at it a different way. What if you find out that they are Soror or Frat, and they are no longer active, they have a really bad taste in their mouth about their org or they denounced their membership? That could prove to be a negative for you as well. Just something to think about.
Old 04-12-2004, 11:15 AM
GreekChat Member

I agree with Destiny and say that no matter what I present myself as the bomb at all times because.........................I am the bomb!

I would act as if they are any other employer and then conversate on the Pham level once I got the position. This is one thing I always get compliments on from Pham in my area. They say I am never looking for a hook up. I tell them it's nice if it happens but if it doesn't that's cool too cause I'mma get where I'm going regardless!