GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,601
4 members and 2,597 guests
FSUZeta

Old 05-18-2009, 12:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Thank you for the advice!

On another note: do you know when registration for recruitment will open? I've been watching the GW Greek website for information but to no avail...
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-18-2009, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocolonials View Post
Thank you for the advice!

On another note: do you know when registration for recruitment will open? I've been watching the GW Greek website for information but to no avail...
You can call the greek life office at your school and they will give you the most updated information of registration and requirements.
Old 05-31-2009, 01:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to shellyzilla
i just wanted to thank all of you ladies for this AMAZING advice. i went through formal recruitment last year and i broke a lot of these "rules". i was so nervous and instead of being myself i lied to be what i thought they wanted me to be. i hope that when i go through recruitment again they can forget whatever they thought i was last year and see the real my shine through. i just wanted to say thank you.
Old 05-31-2009, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellyzilla View Post
i just wanted to thank all of you ladies for this AMAZING advice. i went through formal recruitment last year and i broke a lot of these "rules". i was so nervous and instead of being myself i lied to be what i thought they wanted me to be. i hope that when i go through recruitment again they can forget whatever they thought i was last year and see the real my shine through. i just wanted to say thank you.

A word of advice for PNMs:

Be yourselves. Seriously.

We're not just saying that to be cliche.

Lakers Nation.
Old 06-01-2009, 07:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post

A word of advice for PNMs:

Be yourselves. Seriously.

We're not just saying that to be cliche.
This reminded me of a small cute story. At our Senior Tea with the local alumnae association, we were all talking about why we joined our sorority. A lot of people mentioned how they felt so comfortable and like they were with family, etc. One sister mentioned her first night of recruitment. She walked in and someone was talking about Star Wars, and she thought, "Wow, they're just as weird as me!" Obviously, not every chapter is like that but I think you get my point. Why would you want to be fake during recruitment then not be able to be yourself for the rest of the time you're a member?

Last edited by LucyKKG; 06-01-2009 at 07:27 PM.
Old 06-28-2009, 09:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Going through rush this year..I'm confident about my personality and know 11 chapters can't all possibly hate me, but I'm not miss hottie. I've looked at the pictures online and all the girls are soo pretty and little, I'm not. I've watched Greek on ABC Family and looks seem important =/ do they really look for pretty girls?

nervous rushee!!
Old 06-28-2009, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessabelle View Post
Going through rush this year..I'm confident about my personality and know 11 chapters can't all possibly hate me, but I'm not miss hottie. I've looked at the pictures online and all the girls are soo pretty and little, I'm not. I've watched Greek on ABC Family and looks seem important =/ do they really look for pretty girls?

nervous rushee!!
First of all: Greek is a TV show, not an accurate portrayal of sorority life. Please understand that.

Second: this thread talks about appearance and recruitment:

http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...ght=appearance

Lakers Nation.

Last edited by KSUViolet06; 06-28-2009 at 10:13 PM.
Old 06-29-2009, 11:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post
First of all: Greek is a TV show, not an accurate portrayal of sorority life. Please understand that.

Second: this thread talks about appearance and recruitment:

http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...ght=appearance
thank you for telling me about that thread, i didnt see it before and it is helpful : ] and i know Greek is purely fictional and the ladies ive met at the chapters never seemed overly concerned with appearance like that. im very nervous which makes it much easier to be intimidated by even TV shows. Greek isnt my reason for rushing..at all.
Old 07-10-2009, 04:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
thank you for telling me about that thread, i didnt see it before and it is helpful : ] and i know Greek is purely fictional and the ladies ive met at the chapters never seemed overly concerned with appearance like that. im very nervous which makes it much easier to be intimidated by even TV shows. Greek isnt my reason for rushing..at all.
When it comes to appearance and recruitment there's really only one thing you can ask yourself. "Do I see myself coming in this house at my worst and being totally accepted?" Because even the prettiest girl on the planet can look a little scruffy during finals week, haha. Just about everyone I've talked to knew their sorority was for them because they felt at home.
Old 08-10-2009, 03:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

nervous rushee!!
Houses choose to post the pics in which the girls look the best! Wouldn't you?
Old 08-23-2009, 11:32 AM
GreekChat Member

DON'T ... win a pole dancing contest while drunk at the beach during spring break of your senior year in high school. THAT news (and any accompanying pictures) will certainly have made the rounds by fall!

And if you're really unlucky, that news will also be known to the alum moms and grandmoms before their summer luncheons when they decide who to rec for the fall.

And if, despite this clear warning, you win the pole dancing contest anyway (or any other "insert your favorite dumb boner activity here") ...

DON'T ... either you or your mother show up on Greekchat the following fall bemoaning that you got cut from your first choice sororities and you "can't imagine why" ... we are all a product of yesterday's man (or woman).

Last edited by Loyally Kappa; 09-27-2009 at 01:43 AM.
Old 08-23-2009, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loyally Kappa View Post
DON'T ... win a pole dancing contest while drunk at the beach during spring break of your senior year in high school. THAT news (and any accompanying pictures) will certainly have made the rounds by fall!

And if you're really unlucky, that news will also be known to the alum moms and grandmoms before their summer luncheons when they decide who to rec for the fall.

And, if despite this clear warning, you win the pole dancing contest anyway (or any other "insert your favorite dumb boner activity here") ...

DON'T ... either you or your mother show up on Greekchat the following fall bemoaning that you got cut from your first choice sororities and you "can't imagine why" ... we are all a product of yesterday's man (or woman).
But what if a sorority is looking for someone to win the dance or gymnastics competition during Greek Week? LMAO
Old 08-23-2009, 01:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loyally Kappa View Post

And, if despite this clear warning, you win the pole dancing contest anyway (or any other "insert your favorite dumb boner activity here") ...

I totally want to know the story behind this post!
Old 08-23-2009, 02:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Except for the part about Greekchat, doncha think it's pretty obvious? ... heheh! As much as I hate to say it, this is a TRUE story.

And for the benefit of 33girl, the young "lady" involved pledged a sorority the same year as my older daughter. Not sure if she won any Greek Week competitions.

And don't ask me which sorority. I am too much of a lady to reveal her letters.
Old 10-09-2009, 02:52 PM
GreekChat Member

PLEASE do not ask how we choose members, how we vote, how you can come back, how initiation works or anything along those lines!

"Sisterhood is not about being popular, its about developing character, forming bonds, and self-discovery. If after four years you can hold you head high, then absolutely your sorority is "tops"." - H2oot