GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 987
0 members and 987 guests
No Members online

Old 05-14-2012, 09:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Maybe OP meant that she's close with her friends from home? And that joining a sorority means that you abandon your former friends?

Who knows? I wish people would just WRITE CLEARLY AND CONCISELY.

*woke up grumpy this morning*
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 05-14-2012, 12:02 PM
GreekChat Member

we were* really close. she stopped talking to all of her friends and we got in a few fights. now there is no more friendship.
Old 09-24-2012, 02:02 AM
GreekChat Member

I hope she comes back and finishes this story!!!
Old 09-24-2012, 09:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Recruitment is officially over and I can finally post my story!
Old 09-24-2012, 09:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarshake93 View Post
Recruitment is officially over and I can finally post my story!
yay! Go Feeny!
Old 09-24-2012, 10:38 PM
GreekChat Member

MINKUS!
Old 09-25-2012, 04:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Round 1

So happy I can finally share this with you guys! So, here it goes.

When round one finally came around I could barely contain my excitement. I got ready an hour before I actually needed to and then sat around for what felt like forever. When I finally showed up to the student center I got my first days schedule. (Round 1 is broken up into two days, you see three one day and three the next) On day one I was headed to Eric, Shawn and Minkus. My group also had a break first round so we had to sit around for an extra hour, which was excruciating.

First up was Eric. They funny thing about this chapter is that I had found out I was a legacy about two weeks before recruitment. I had no idea up until that point. When I went in I was so overwhelmed because it was my first sorority in my first round. The first girl I talked to was so sweet and so nice we laughed the whole time and talked about our roots. The next girl was the same way but the conversation was pretty generic. The last girl I talked to was the one I liked the most she and I really clicked. The presentation on their philanthropy was really cute but a girl fainted halfway through so we had to move out into the hallway and finish up conversations there.

Next was Shawn- I was most excited to go here. Their philanthropy was the closest to my heart. I talked to about 8 girls and had the best time of my life. Everyone was so down to Earth and a little bit goofy like me. I felt more comfortable here than I did at the previous one. I even got a little teary eyed during their presentation. I was definitely sad to hear that time was up.

The last one of this exhausting first day was Minkus. I was double rushed here. The girl we talked to was not as good at making conversation but she made an effort. At this party other girls would walk up and join the conversation but we always stayed with the main girl. All the girls who came up to talk were great I just didn't make a connection with our main girl.

----Day Two Round One-------

I was way less nervous today because I had such a blast they day before. I could not wait to start going to meet all of the other sororities. First up was

Feeny- The girl I talked to actually happened to be in one of my classes. She was really nice. I loved talking to her. The girl that joined our conversation was sweet to. I had fun here but it wasn't "that feeling"

Cory was the other party I was really looking forward to attending. I was not disappointed. I had a few friends in here and a couple of them even ended up being the ones to rush me. I talked to probably 6 girls. I fell in love with all of them. I was laughing so hard I was crying.

Finally this exhausting first round was almost over. All that was left was Topanga. I went in hoping that they would have stepped it up since info nights. I was double rushed here also. I did not feel a connection with any of the girls I talked to. I felt so bad. I wish that there was someone who I had a decent conversation with, but it just wasn't for me.

This was the only round where my rankings were easy

1. Sean
2.Cory
3.Eric
4.Feeny
5.Minkus
6.Topanga

I literally could not sleep that night and I was a nervous wreck walking to the student center to get my schedule for house tours...
Old 10-03-2012, 11:41 AM
GreekChat Member

ahhh! can't wait to see if she goes with the legacy!
Old 10-03-2012, 02:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Would you please not make us wait so long in between posts?
Old 10-04-2012, 04:43 PM
GreekChat Member

House Tours

Sorry for taking so long to respond I've been quite busy lately.

Where was I.....

So I was walking to the student center preparing for the worst. My heart was pounding so fast. I heard the beat of the death march as I walked up the never ending stairs to get my schedule for house tours. I sign in and My SRC hands my my slip of paper.. it read....

1) Feeny
2)Cory
3)Sean
4)Eric

I GOT MY TOP FOUR. It was so hard to contain my excitement. I had gotten extremely close to my SRCs and they were all smiling when the saw me looking at my schedule because they knew how happy I was going to be. I felt so blessed because some girls were only invited back to a couple houses or the ones they didn't connect with as much.

First up was Feeny Their house was gorgeous I fell in love with it. The girl I talked to had the same major as me and was so sassy! I loved it. They made us delicious drinks and just had a great conversation. They were a great start to the long day I was about to have.

Next up was Cory. I went into their home so excited because I had loved them so much before. Today was no different. I was in love, ecstatic, having a blast. The girl I talked to was the sweetest person on the face of this planet. Another girl came up and talked to us and she was equally as awesome. These first two houses were so much fun I had to clue how I was going to choose.

Third House was Sean. I walked in and met my girl and at first it was a little awkward. I was so surprised. But then I talked to three other girls and of course loved them all. This day was getting more and more confusing. Not to mention this was the house where I felt most at home. Everyone seemed to be kind of like me here and I just felt so comfortable.

The last house of this exhausting day was Eric.(my legacy house) There house was stunning. The girl and I both geeked out over theater and Harry Potter. There was only one problem. Everyone in this house seemed so perfect and put together. I felt like I would never be able to be up to their standards. It was such a shame because I got along so well with the girl that I talked to.

I was honestly so confused by the end of this. I had no clue where to put each house. My SRCs had to talk to me for like 30 minutes so I could figure out my order. I was the last one there. How could I choose between all of these amazing girls, knowing that tomorrow a minimum of two of them would be off of my list. This was such a hard choice, but when it came down to it I knew what I had to do

Rankings after house tours
1)Sean
2)Cory
3)Feeny
4)Eric

I will finish the story tonight or tomorrow I promise I just have to go now!

Last edited by sarshake93; 10-04-2012 at 04:45 PM.
Old 10-04-2012, 06:52 PM
GreekChat Member

PREFERENCE/BID DAY

I stayed up until 3 AM waiting for the dreaded phone call and it never came so I went to bed and finally

TODAY WAS THE DAY I WOULD FIND MY HOME... hopefully. We have preference and bid day on the same day. Again I begin the agonizing walk to the student center to get my schedule. I loved all of the houses I went to yesterday so I wouldn't be too disappointed if I didn't get my number one and two. When I got my schedule it read..

1)Cory
2)Sean

I GOT MY TOP TWO. I was amazed that I was this lucky. I could not have been happier. I had two wonderful choices as a future home. I could not believe my eyes. I contained my glee because I didn't want people that were upset with their schedules to think I was bragging. I took my spot in the bus line and off I went.

First up was Cory. I went into the beautiful house. Had a great conversation. Scratch that. AMAZING conversation. It all changed when we had the ceremony. I am such a robot when it comes to emotions, but I actually started crying. This was the first time I could see myself truly belonging. I left that house so confused because I knew that I was also in love it Sean. I had to see what they had in store for me.

When I got to Seanmy heart was beating out of my chest. This was the moment of truth. Who would I love more? I talked to two of the same girls as the day before and I loved them. I was so excited to talk to them again. They said things like they loved my values and were really happy to see me back. That made me feel happy, like even though I wasn't a sister yet, I was still special.

I left there so conflicted and so torn. Again I took forever to decide but when it came down to it I ranked them

1)Sean
2)Cory

As soon as I turned it in I immediately regretted my decision. I should have put Cory first. I fell in love with them the minute that preference ceremony happened I just let some silly things prevent me from putting them first.

After an agonizing 7 hours in the student center waiting for our bid cards to arrive I was finally handed the piece of paper that would change my life forever. I accepted a bid to
CORY

OTHERWISE KNOWN AS

DELTAZETA

Last edited by sarshake93; 10-04-2012 at 08:39 PM.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarshake93 View Post

DELTAZETA

YEAH!!! Congratulations and welcome!!!
Old 10-04-2012, 11:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Wonderful! Congratulations to you and Delta Zeta!
Old 10-04-2012, 11:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks for finishing it up so quickly! Congrats to you & DZ. I cannot begin to imagine Pref & Bids on the same day
Old 10-04-2012, 11:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetalady View Post
I cannot begin to imagine Pref & Bids on the same day
This is the way my campus does it now Anyway, congrats OP!