GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,593
Threads: 115,516
Welcome to our newest member, Holographicalt
» Online Users: 2,496
3 members and 2,493 guests
MethrenLusia, naraht, Xidelt

Old 12-22-2006, 10:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Just so you know, when I mentioned that I was doing informal by myself to sisters at recruitment parties, I was given a very surprised reaction. I guess it was odd that a transfer student, new that semester, took it upon herself to go solo through recruitment.
If you do this by yourself, I believe you should skirt around the truth-weren't sure of the time commitment, wanted to settle into school and keep your grades up and make sure you could handle your courseload, and now because you've taken that extra year, you know that you're ready for the commitment of a sorority.

If recruitment is informal, I'd do jeans and a nice top the first round and after that step it up, which is what I did. If it's informal, they may put out flyers which tell you the themes. My first ever party, I wore jeans and a nice shirt-their theme was winter wonderland and all the sisters were in jeans too.

And Jesus speaketh, "do unto others as they did unto you because the bitches deserve it".

Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 12-22-2006, 12:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUSoph View Post
Also, this question may have been answered in a previous thread, but the recruitment attire is supposed to be casual all days except for pref round, and I'm not exactly sure what that would include. Do you think jeans and a nice top would be appropriate, or should I try to stay away from jeans?
What is appropriate to wear varies greatly by school. I would ask your recruitment counselor if you have one at this point or someone at the greek life office. At my school, you can get away with a dressed up jeans outfit for earlier rounds, but I know that would not fly at other schools.
Old 12-22-2006, 01:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Also, this question may have been answered in a previous thread, but the recruitment attire is supposed to be casual all days except for pref round, and I'm not exactly sure what that would include. Do you think jeans and a nice top would be appropriate, or should I try to stay away from jeans?

Sorry for yet another long post![/quote]

Stay away from the jeans defnitly go buisness casual nice top and skirt. if you do decide to wear jeans make it look dressy nice top and possilby jacket to dress it up a bit and heels are a must during rush!! But check with your recruitment counselor and see how casual dress is defined at your school. Best of Luck with Recruitment Tell us what you get!!
Old 12-22-2006, 01:31 PM

This is Pennsylvania in the winter. That also needs to be taken into consideration. Heels are fine, if there's no snow or if there is, if you want to wear boots from party to party and lug your shoes with you.