GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,687
3 members and 1,684 guests
aaexeyttsa3383, PGD-GRAD

Old 04-22-2019, 09:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb Should I go through recruitment again?

Hey guys!
So I’m a transfer student and I will be a senior in fall of 2019 but I won’t graduate until fall 2020. I went through recruitment fall 2018 (my first semester at my school) and I dropped it the second day because I was overwhelmed and because I frankly got dropped from my top sororities. This spring, I went through informal but only went to two sororities (only like 3 did spring rush) and got dropped and now I wanna go through formal again in fall to all sororities because I feel like I am missing out. Is there any chance I will get in? Any ideas or thoughts??

Thank you!
Old 04-22-2019, 12:30 PM

Unless you have become extremely close friends with an extremely large amount of sisters or your circumstances have changed exponentially (ie you won the lottery or are dating a movie star or something) you are likely to get the same result you got in your first rush, if not worse.

The sororities that you had left when you dropped are more than likely the ones that would even vaguely consider giving a bid to a senior.
Old 04-22-2019, 08:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollymariee View Post
Hey guys!
So I’m a transfer student and I will be a senior in fall of 2019 but I won’t graduate until fall 2020. I went through recruitment fall 2018 (my first semester at my school) and I dropped it the second day because I was overwhelmed and because I frankly got dropped from my top sororities. This spring, I went through informal but only went to two sororities (only like 3 did spring rush) and got dropped and now I wanna go through formal again in fall to all sororities because I feel like I am missing out. Is there any chance I will get in? Any ideas or thoughts??

Thank you!
Your best chance was the first time you rushed. It is a shame that you dropped out because you had your heart set on only a couple of choices, instead of having an open mind.

Sure, you can always try again. Understand that the same sororities that released you in your first 2 attempts will almost certainly release you again. Up to you.

Last edited by thetalady; 04-23-2019 at 04:04 PM.
Old 04-22-2019, 08:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Life will sometimes offer you only one chance to grab something before it moves you along. You may have sad regrets either way, meaning by going through a third time or by choosing not to do so. So as thetalady says above, up to you.

It's only words, and words are all I have to take your heart away.
Old 04-23-2019, 08:18 AM
GreekChat Member

You can rush again but it's important to know that your odds of receiving a bid are extremely low - like a real, true exception if you did. Now that you're a senior, you'd likely be dropped by all houses. And given that you were dropped by houses during informal rush, that's not a good sign either.

Seniors are rarely, if ever, given a bid unless you have some extraordinary ties inside a house. This is why we encourage girls to take any bid they get and then discover - as so many do - just how well you fit with that house. That house wanted you and time and again know of girls who take that bid and then say how they could never imagine being in any other house.

So if you do rush again, be prepared for this experience.