GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,400
1 members and 1,399 guests
sdneyttso2029

Old 03-22-2017, 01:46 PM

Congratulations to Sigma Pi for the recent chartering of their East Carolina University(NC) chapter.

I'll support the RedWolves, but in my heart I'll always be an ASU Indian. Go Tribe! (1931-2008)
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-22-2017, 02:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by breathesgelatin View Post
Hope it's OK to post continued news about the disaffiliation developments at W&L in this thread.

The former Kappa Delta chapter at W&L is now the local Delta Society.
http://ringtumphi.com/3117/news/panh...e-to-go-local/
I'm still salty about this. So they couldn't all make it to chapter meetings? Is this the problem I'm seeing? We have academic rigor. We have other responsibilities outside of Kappa Delta. I don't see how making their own sorority will help. Just lowering quota in their bylaws?

Also, they're using Tri Delta's hand symbols and that's not cool. Even if it is just a literal delta, make your own.

To Bind. To Strive. To Aid.

Missouri S&T
Old 03-22-2017, 02:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDKells View Post
I'm still salty about this. So they couldn't all make it to chapter meetings? Is this the problem I'm seeing? We have academic rigor. We have other responsibilities outside of Kappa Delta. I don't see how making their own sorority will help. Just lowering quota in their bylaws?

Also, they're using Tri Delta's hand symbols and that's not cool. Even if it is just a literal delta, make your own.
For real.

DST and Tri Delta called. They'd like their hand symbols back please.
Old 03-22-2017, 02:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZTAngel View Post
ZTA is also presenting at Coastal Carolina. I believe there is a 3rd sorority presenting although I'm not sure which one.
Chi Omega
Old 03-22-2017, 03:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Phi Kappa Tau is suspended for a year at UGA for risk management:
http://www.redandblack.com/uganews/b...ce367658e.html
Old 03-26-2017, 09:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by breathesgelatin View Post
Hope it's OK to post continued news about the disaffiliation developments at W&L in this thread.

The former Kappa Delta chapter at W&L is now the local Delta Society.
http://ringtumphi.com/3117/news/panh...e-to-go-local/
I know it's been awhile and I am late to the party, but has the thought ever occurred to those women that their sisters, daughters, granddaughters will be legacies to a chapter which is only at one campus? Their relatives will no longer be Kappa Delta legacies. It may not matter to them now, but fast forward 20+ years and DD won't be a KD legacy.
Old 03-26-2017, 10:42 PM

Holy Esprit, Batman!!

I'd guess as far as the legacy question, they wouldn't really want their daughters to be legacies to a group whose policies they disagree with. (Plus heaven only knows what legacy policies will look like in 20 years if everyone keeps reproducing at the same rate.)
Old 03-27-2017, 08:51 AM
GreekChat Member

It was another busy weekend full of new ZBT charterings....Here's to the new Alpha Nu Chapter of Muhlenberg College and the Historical Delta Chapter of Columbia University.

ZBT:"BROTHERHOOD & BEYOND"
Old 03-27-2017, 05:34 PM
GreekChat Member

This was announced a couple months ago, but I haven't seen anything about it: Armstrong State University is being consolidated into Georgia Southern University. Wonder what this will mean for the Greek organizations at Armstrong specifically-two NPC chapters are not present at GSU and all three are much smaller than their GSU counterparts.

http://consolidation.georgiasouthern.edu/
http://savannahnow.com/news/2017-01-...-made-official
Old 03-27-2017, 05:45 PM
GreekChat Member

[QUOTE=clemsongirl;2429553]This was announced a couple months ago, but I haven't seen anything about it: Armstrong State University is being consolidated into Georgia Southern University. Wonder what this will mean for the Greek organizations at Armstrong specifically-two NPC chapters are not present at GSU and all three are much smaller than their GSU counterparts.

How is that going to work with Savannah and Statesboro an hour apart from each other? Is Armstrong State going to just become a satellite of Georgia Southern?
Old 03-27-2017, 05:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Probably, like a satellite campus. *mumbles about dumbass Georgia Board of Regents*
Old 03-27-2017, 06:23 PM
GreekChat Member

[QUOTE=JayhawkAOII;2429554]
Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsongirl View Post
This was announced a couple months ago, but I haven't seen anything about it: Armstrong State University is being consolidated into Georgia Southern University. Wonder what this will mean for the Greek organizations at Armstrong specifically-two NPC chapters are not present at GSU and all three are much smaller than their GSU counterparts.

How is that going to work with Savannah and Statesboro an hour apart from each other? Is Armstrong State going to just become a satellite of Georgia Southern?
I would imagine the Greek systems would just be independent of each other - like UAB/UAH/UA and Auburn and AUM.
Old 03-27-2017, 06:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaSigKap View Post
I know it's been awhile and I am late to the party, but has the thought ever occurred to those women that their sisters, daughters, granddaughters will be legacies to a chapter which is only at one campus? Their relatives will no longer be Kappa Delta legacies. It may not matter to them now, but fast forward 20+ years and DD won't be a KD legacy.
I have two nieces that are members of a co-op at Purdue (similar to locals) and the legacy question never bothered them. Much like other locals, I don't think it will mean all that much to them.

So I depart that I may now better serve my fellow man, my country & God
Old 03-27-2017, 06:52 PM
GreekChat Member

[QUOTE=Titchou;2429556]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkAOII View Post

I would imagine the Greek systems would just be independent of each other - like UAB/UAH/UA and Auburn and AUM.
I'm not sure if it's like that or if they're becoming one school like Southern Polytechnic State and Kennesaw State a few years back. In that instance, the chapters at SPSU were closed or merged into KSU, hence my concern. From what I've gathered, the two campuses are going to be one school in two locations.
Old 03-27-2017, 07:05 PM
GreekChat Member

^^^ In that situation, our Kennesaw State chapter absorbed both chapters and the Southern Polytechnic chapter is now closed. But, didn't the Southern Poly campus actually close?