GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,222
2 members and 2,220 guests
John

Old 10-03-2007, 04:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: I live in St. Petesburg, FL but I'm originally from VeneZueLa!!!!
Talking Rushing as a Junior!!!??

Hiii!! My name is Claudia, I go to this very small college in St. Petersburg, Florida called Eckerd College. However I'm planning to transfer to USF which is in Tampa like 20 mins away from where I am now. My school has no greek life so if I transfer to USF I thought a good way of meeting people in such a large school is joining a sororityy sooo I don't really know if it is possible to rush a junior or second semester sophomore! Will u guys pleasee help me, I am originally from Venezuela so I've researched on sororities to see how they work but i've never experienced anything like it!! Thankkk youuu!!
-ClaU!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-03-2007, 08:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Hi! I can't really say anything about Florida schools, but I'm a junior and just rushed (and received a bid!!!) at Ole Miss. Trust me, it is definitely worth trying!
Old 10-03-2007, 08:28 PM
Super Moderator

if you have a good college gpa and joined a club or two at eckerd, it is possible that you might receive a bid at usf. formal recruitment is in the fall, but if you are transferring in the spring, there may be some sororities on campus that will be holding some informal events. check with the usf greek life office. good luck!
Old 10-03-2007, 08:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clau_25 View Post
Hiii!! My name is Claudia, I go to this very small college in St. Petersburg, Florida called Eckerd College. However I'm planning to transfer to USF which is in Tampa like 20 mins away from where I am now. My school has no greek life so if I transfer to USF I thought a good way of meeting people in such a large school is joining a sororityy sooo I don't really know if it is possible to rush a junior or second semester sophomore! Will u guys pleasee help me, I am originally from Venezuela so I've researched on sororities to see how they work but i've never experienced anything like it!! Thankkk youuu!!
-ClaU!
Hi Claudia!
I currently am in a sorority at USF and I rushed as a junior last fall. I was 21 at the time. I was cut by 3 out of the 8 sororities after the first day..so I kinda got scared. But I ended up preffing 3 sororities and got the bid I wanted It is DEFINITELY worth trying!! USF Greek Life is a BLAST and I cant imagine my life without it!! If you want to know anything else just private message me..oh and check out www.usfpanhellenic.com for more info!