GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,128
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, baadamashtolzea
» Online Users: 1,246
1 members and 1,245 guests
No Members online

Old 03-06-2009, 03:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Last edited by UCFgirl892; 03-06-2009 at 04:46 PM.
Old 03-06-2009, 04:07 PM
GreekChat Member

We can't really tell you whether or not it would be worth it for you to rush again. You're the only one who can determine that. Would it be worth it to you (regardless of the outcome)? If so, then rush again. If not, then don't.

Just a word of advice, though. Unless Tropical Storm Fay was hanging only over your head (and not over other PNMs), it really can't be blamed for your rush experience. I sure wouldn't bring it up if you decide to re-rush.

Last edited by SydneyK; 03-06-2009 at 04:08 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-06-2009, 06:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SydneyK View Post
We can't really tell you whether or not it would be worth it for you to rush again. You're the only one who can determine that. Would it be worth it to you (regardless of the outcome)? If so, then rush again. If not, then don't.

Just a word of advice, though. Unless Tropical Storm Fay was hanging only over your head (and not over other PNMs), it really can't be blamed for your rush experience. I sure wouldn't bring it up if you decide to re-rush.
Why oh why didn't you quote for posterity?
Old 03-06-2009, 08:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Argh! Dangit! I'll try to remember to QFP in the future.

(Basically, she was saying that Tropical Storm Fay caused her to not get a bid at UCF last year (runny mascara, bad hair, etc.), and she wondered whether she had a shot at a bid a second time around.)

Last edited by SydneyK; 03-06-2009 at 08:02 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 03-06-2009, 09:16 PM
GreekChat Member

She also stated she suicided and regretted it.

"Together, Let Us Seek the Heights"

I <3 My KΣ
Old 03-07-2009, 11:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SydneyK View Post
Argh! Dangit! I'll try to remember to QFP in the future.

(Basically, she was saying that Tropical Storm Fay caused her to not get a bid at UCF last year (runny mascara, bad hair, etc.), and she wondered whether she had a shot at a bid a second time around.)
Because she was the only one with runny mascara and bad hair.
Old 04-03-2009, 01:26 PM
GreekChat Member

In complete honesty, I really wasn't trying to say that Tropical Fay only affected me. Re-reading what I originally wrote, it may have come off that way, but I in no way have ever, even for a second, felt that I was the only one affected. I really respect every one who rushed that week, because it was definitely a hectic (but also rewarding) experience, which I enjoyed a lot. I also definitely understand that there is really no way I can blame any one or any thing on me not getting a bid. However, after this year I still find myself really wanting to be a part of Greek life here, and I only posted trying to seek advice on whether sophomores had a substantial chance at getting a bid at UCF.

Thanks again!
Old 04-03-2009, 05:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Hi,
I'm no expert, but from your post it sounds to me like you really want to re-rush. So, if you don't- you might regret it later on. Try it. What if you don't get asked to join a sorority? Nothing fatal- you'll survive. You may be at a disadvantage because of being a sophomore. However, you'll never know until you try.

I know of someone who got into one of their top three choices as a junior at the University of Florida, and apparently they have a competitive rush.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Sophomores do find homes in UCF sororities. Some chapters will cut you right off the bat for being a sophomore; others won't. You'll need a strong GPA coming in. Also, if you've had any drama with any fraternity guys or sorority women, that will play a bit part in your re-rushing. Plenty of upperclassmen get cut on reputation alone.

Go through a second time, and don't suicide this time if you TRULY want to be part of the UCF Greek System. I promise you that no chapter is perfect, every chapter has its share of fun and drama, and you can honestly find a "home" at any one of them. Recruitment is a crazy week, and when you reflect back on it, the most amount of time you'll have actually spent with a particular sorority is under 2 hours (out of an entire week). From that perspective, its kind of silly to have a do or die attitude about just one.

Trust me. PNM's don't get cut due to the rain. UCF hosts recruitment around hurricane season every year... So you're either sweating to death from the humidity of Florida in August or soaking wet from the rain. There are days when no one looks pretty, yet the chapters are still bidding. Make the best of it.