GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,499
0 members and 1,499 guests
No Members online

Old 01-25-2002, 10:12 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm glad that everything is going so good for you. I'm enjoying reading your rush journey and am anxiously waiting, like many others, for the results.
Old 01-25-2002, 10:12 PM
GreekChat Member

oops! well i just wont say her sorority so she wont get in troble cause shes a sweetheart! i think it may have just been a slip up cause she was telling me how she was talking to her friend about me and she said she told her friend that. but im sure it was an accident...
byebye xoxo
ps. its ok i dont even know what that means
Old 01-25-2002, 10:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Telling someone at my school that they are your rush crush is not a rush infraction. As long as you say "I" or "Me" you can tell a rushee whatever you want you can even say "I can't wait to see you in my letters", or "I hope to see you tomorrow" you just can't say "We". I guess it differs from school to school/
Old 01-25-2002, 10:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Good luck ChantillyLace! I cry easily too! Be prepared for a flood of tears tomorrow (Pref night). It's the most emotional of all.

By the way...at my school you're NOT alllowed to even say anything like "I hope I'll see you tomorrow". It would have to be like "Have a good night" instead. However, if a person is invited back you ARE allowed to say to them, "I'm glad you're back".
Old 01-25-2002, 10:32 PM
GreekChat Member

My school is extremely strict. One night I told a rushee as I was bumped(as in rotation), "Ok, I'm sure I'll see you around school!" That was considered an "oral bid." Anything can be construed as an oral bid now. It's insane. So like some of you others, we have to say "Have a good night" "Enjoy the rest of rush, " etc. It's so horrible that out of habit when we leave someone, we instinctually tend to say "see ya." Bam, oral bid. I know, I know. So at one party one of our girls accidentally said "See you, " but tried in vain to recover by adding an "re way to the door!" As in "See your way to the door!" Haha. It was hysterical, as we all witnessed the rushee's expression.

PS: Dirty rushing is illegal, but chantilly, it's a good sign!
Old 01-25-2002, 10:45 PM
GreekChat Member

OMG that's so funny pbpck! Apparently two years ago, Pan. Council was forced to accuse my Big of commiting a rush infraction, until they found out it was complete b.s. Another sorority claimed a rushee had told them my Big said to the rushee "I can't wait for you to be a Zeta", but in fact the rushee had lied in an attempt to make the other sorority jealous so they would want her more. GRR! The only thing my Big told that girl was "Good luck." Even that might be a no-no to say now. Who knows with all the crazy rules. I'm only beginning to learn them! Next weekend is my first rush workshop for Spring rush. hehe
Old 01-26-2002, 08:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb fingers and toes crossed

good luck today...
but it sounds like you are already there.
lol
mmcat
Old 01-26-2002, 11:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to dzsaigirl
At my school, we can say I or me but we cannot speak for the whole group ever.
Old 01-26-2002, 01:17 PM

Good luck Chantilly, sounds like rush is going great for you.

"Promising bids" ... my school was very strict. You couldn't even speak for yourself (as in "I hope to see you tomorrow night") - it was considered promising an invitation. We were pretty much told "Say 'good night' or 'bye' at the door, and that's IT." But as ZetaLuvBunny said, you are allowed to say "I'm glad you're back" when they show up for the later parties.
Old 01-26-2002, 02:18 PM
GreekChat Member

wow i didn't know there were so many strict rules as to what you can and can't say to the pnm's! crazy... anyway i have to pick up my invites to pref in about an hour and i am SO nervous! im shaking! i don't know why im freaking out so much... i suppose its because i liked all the houses sooo much and i would be sad to have been cut by them... grrr waiting for invites is the worst time EVER!!! AAAHHH!
as far as "oral bids" are concerned, i think my school has a different policy... i think that the actives are allowed to say "i hope i see you tomorrow" and other phrases along those lines. on panhellenic night, they made it very clear to all the pnm's that girls may say that to you, but it does not guarantee that you will be invited back. they let you know that the individual who said that may have no idea who the sorority will vote to bring back and they are just expressing their personal opinion (sort of... or just saying the things that people tend to say when leaving a conversation).
so thats where my school's panhellenic stands... IM SO NERVOUS!AAAHHH!
ill write back as soon as i get my invites! byebye! xoxo
Old 01-26-2002, 02:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Good luck at invite pick up -you are having a fantastic rush!!!

As far as the women saying you are her rush crush I would consider that a total compliment! That means out of all the women going to recruitment YOU are the one she wants to see come back again and again. Also don't worry about the people on the board saying she is breaking the rules, they are coming from their own college experience and I doubt anyone would risk a rush infraction over it. As someone who has been on many many different campuses it totally depends on that Panhel's rush rules.

Good luck again!!!
Old 01-26-2002, 02:57 PM
GreekChat Member

so excited!

Chantilly!

I am so excited to hear the results!! You sound like an absoutely wonderful young woman who will be a great addition to any sorority. You have had a fantastic rush experience, based on what I've read here, and I am just so impressed with your openness and diplomatic approach to this experience.

I would of course be thrilled if you ended up being a sister in Delta Delta Delta, but the most important thing is that you find a place you are both comfortable in and thrilled to be a part of. I am so completely excited for you! Good luck!

All the best,
Carrie
Tridelta4ever
Old 01-26-2002, 03:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey Chantilly

All this reminds me of my own rush experience last August. I was sooo confused because I absolutely loved three houses! But, I made the right decision for me and judging from other girls experiences EVERYTHING turns out just the way it is supposed to be, even if it doesn't seem like it will in the beginning. I'm dying to know what's going to happen for you!!
Shelly
Kappa Alpha Theta

"I love you not only for who you are, but for who I am when I am with you." -unknown
Old 01-26-2002, 03:53 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm hooked

I have definately gotten hooked on all these rush stories!! I hope that pref night goes well for you though and your heart gives you an idea of where to go. I remember it not being an easy decision to make but you have to go where your heart is. Formal rush starts here next weekend and as an alumni working for my University I am helpng our Greek Coordinator with it so it should be a completely different perspective on the whole thing. Im also at a very small school so there isn't much choice but a lot of competition so it should be fun. Good luck with it though! Let us know what you decide.
Old 01-26-2002, 04:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking INVITES TO PREF!!

HEY GUYS!!
so.... i just got back from receiving my invites for pref and i got invited back to 4 houses!!!
adpi invited me back because i had cut them with regrets, so i guess that meant they can still invite me to other parties! i was so happy!
the three houses that i went to yesterday also invited me back! again, i was SO SUPRISED!
i have to say, it was so incredibly hard for me to choose which two houses to cut - i loved them all SO much and i would have been honored to be a member of any of these houses and a sister to those amazing women.
i really almost started crying when my rho chi said i had to cut two (again with the emotions). but she told me that i could send out the regrets with interest again. if i did that, i would still be able to list these houses on my pref card if i wasn't as impressed with the houses that i did not cut.
after about fifteen minutes of deliberation and WONDERFUL advice from my rho chi, i ended up sending my regrets with interest to adpi and theta. i told her how i felt about the houses and how i felt coming from the parties and she really helped me a lot with my decision. i dont know what i would have done without her! the two houses i chose to attend (gamma phi beta and alpha phi) both had made me feel very comfortable and they really moved me emotionally. i could see myself being friends with these girls even if i wasn't in a sorority...
i am thrilled with the rush process so far and anxious to see what tonight holds in store. im already prepared with waterproof mascara - dont worry! i love these two houses and the sisterhood, philanthropy, and morals each house displays so proudly. i really do feel bad for cutting the other two, but i was forced to choose two....
so pref starts tonight at 5 when we get our schedule... i am SO EXCITED! not really even nervous - its like im just waiting to be able to go talk to all the friends ive made!
I CAN'T WAIT!!!
bye ladies, thank you a million times over for all your advice, support, and enthusiasm - i couldn't have made it this far without all of you!!!
ill post later after the parties (maybe before if i get REALLY excited!!!)
thank you again! byebye! xoxo