GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Sigma Theta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,670
0 members and 1,670 guests
No Members online

Old 12-21-2000, 08:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Finer Woman10-A-91 Send a message via Yahoo to Finer Woman10-A-91
Pardon me, but I pledged at Howard and graduated from there. Your Sorors claimed Debbie. And the Phylicia was claimed by AKA. Considering both are very active in the Howard community, I had a chance to see them fairly often on campus during my time there.

Quote:
Originally posted by the411:
Debbie Allen pledged AKA at Howard, just like Phylicia (her sister) did.

------------------
Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Incorporated...Every Finer Woman's Dream!
Old 12-21-2000, 09:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DirectorDST99 Send a message via Yahoo to DirectorDST99
FinerWoman, whose sorors claim Debbie Allen? Not Delta. We know that she's an AKA as well as her sister.

Maybe I'm reading your post incorrectly.

------------------
Director #2
LMAC, Spr 99
Galveston Council of Greeks NPHC, President
Old 12-22-2000, 12:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to MaMaBuddha Send a message via AIM to MaMaBuddha Send a message via Yahoo to MaMaBuddha
i've actually had the chance to meet Keisha Knight Pullam at Spelman a few days after she crossed and i might like to say she is something else...

Old 12-22-2000, 10:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally posted by Finer Woman10-A-91:
Pardon me, but I pledged at Howard and graduated from there. Your Sorors claimed Debbie. And the Phylicia was claimed by AKA. Considering both are very active in the Howard community, I had a chance to see them fairly often on campus during my time there.

I was under the assumption that Debbie Allen was a Delta also. Since the 411 says she's not, I have to take her word for it. (Who would know if she's a member or not better than an actual member?) However, I have never heard of Debbie being a member of Alpha Kappa Alpha either. Being fairly new to my organization...I really did not know so I have asked several sorors and this was news to them as well.

[This message has been edited by Sexy Mocha (edited December 22, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Sexy Mocha (edited December 22, 2000).]
Old 12-22-2000, 11:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Mocha, she's obviously not greek at all. That's my conclusion.

------------------
Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
Pi Kappa, SP97
#3 of QUINTESSENCE
Old 12-22-2000, 01:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Debbie & Pyllica are both AKA's. They are not Delta's.
Old 12-22-2000, 01:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to MaMaBuddha Send a message via AIM to MaMaBuddha Send a message via Yahoo to MaMaBuddha
Question

can annyone prove that debbie is greek, for once and for all?

Old 12-22-2000, 02:39 PM
GreekChat Member

I spent about 30 minutes net-surfing for evidence this morning, and neither AKA nor DST makes mention of Debbie Allen when listing famous members. True enough, we can't list all of our renowned members, but one would think that we'd list all those phenomenal women who've reached the level and status of the likes of Debbie Allen... right? So, the fact that she's not mentioned by either organization (while her sister is consistently mentioned by AKA) is reason enough for me to conclude that she chose not to join either sorority.

So, I stand corrected.

------------------
Pi Kappa, SP97
#3 of QUINTESSENCE
Old 12-22-2000, 02:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Here's what an AKA said in their forum...

Quote:
Originally posted by lluvmook98:
Hey Y'all!

I am not sure but I was told (I'm not an Alpha Chapter soror but I was made in DC)that she wasin the Ivy Leaf Plegde Club but dropped. I was also told that she was extended membership into Delta Sigma Theta and after they found out that bit of info the issue of her honorary membership was dropped in some way shape or form. This info may not be 100% correct but I heard it from a pretty reliable source. That is why so many people don't know if she is one, the other or both.

------------------
Pi Kappa, SP97
#3 of QUINTESSENCE
Old 12-23-2000, 12:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by DirectorDST99:
DoggyStyle, is Rushon an Omega?
[/B]
Yes Director, he is an Omega.
Old 12-23-2000, 01:05 AM
c&c1913

I was watching the Golden Girls tonight and during the commercial they advertised their Intimate Portrait show. I think Debbie Allen's story will be told next week, so maybe the answer will be told then. I know when the show was about Star Jones', it mentioned her joining AKA while in college.
Old 12-23-2000, 01:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DirectorDST99 Send a message via Yahoo to DirectorDST99
Angry

I know for an absolute, 100% fact that Debbie Allen is not a Delta.

I know for a fact that Phylicia Rashad is an AKA because she was an honorary chairperson of an event for the AKA's in Houston a while back.

Not sure if Debbie is an AKA or not affliated with a BGLO, but I KNOW she's not a Delta.

Not knocking my older sorors in Delta, but the younger ones should know the prominent sorors....SHOULD because it's still fresh on our minds.

------------------
Director #2
LMAC, Spr 99
Galveston Council of Greeks NPHC, President

[This message has been edited by DirectorDST99 (edited December 23, 2000).]

Old 12-27-2000, 10:00 PM
GreekChat Member

I know that the 411 quoted me, (thanks for trusting me girl, ),but if you ladies don't mind....

After speaking with a soror of mine from Alpha Chapter and other DC area AKA's it has been confirmed that Debbie Allen is neither an AKA or a Delta. She pledged AKA after her sister then dropped. So she is neither AKA nor Delta) Too bad, so sad!
Old 12-27-2000, 11:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to The Original Ape
Cool

Quote:
Originally posted by kiml122:
On an episode of the show Moesha, she was going with this guy who was a Kappa. In the episodehe stepped and had the letters on and everything. Here is my question, when you see people on TV and they have on a certain fraternity or sororities letters (like a sweater) are they really a member. I hope this question can be answered and is not offensive, that is not my intent.
Although it makes perfect sense to not allow someone to wear your nelia, seeing your letters on a popular t.v. show is like FREE PUBLICITY for your frat/sorority. I'm sure the Network legal team approached the organizations in question for permission if they planned to use a non-member sporting the nelia in a shot. With that in mind, I'm sure not all actors/actresses are members of these organizations. I do, however, concede the possibility of these actors/actresses being members.

Old 12-27-2000, 11:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Wink

Quote:
Originally posted by the411:
So has anyone heard that Kelly Shanygne Williams (Laura Winslow on Family Matters) is a Delta? People were telling me about an episode of Moesha that she was on a while back on which she was a stepshow MC and she said something to the effect of "Let me say wassup to my beautiful sorors" then she did the Delta call and threw up the Pyramid! I never saw it, but a few folks mentioned it to me.

Now, about A Different World...
As many greeks as there are in this world, I can't even fathom why they'd have non-greeks wearing NPHC 'nalia!!! After all, the show was produced by Bill Cosby-- an Omega, and directed by Debbie Allen--an AKA! I refuse to believe they'd let non-greeks wear those letters! I just can't see it!

the411

No offense, but Debbie Allen is not an AKA. Her sister Phylisia Rashad is an AKA.